The best 2 shots you hit in 2016

Man I can't come up with two that stand out. I've had some solid shots, but nothing that just made me go wow.

The two that stand out in my memory bookended my season this year.

At the CURE event, I made an incredibly improbable putt from the fringe (with my new CX2) to halve a par-3 in match play after we started off way off line.

In my last league round of the year, I smoked a 3W from the fairway on the last hole (par-5). The round otherwise wasn't remarkable but it was really nice to get a good one to close the season.

I swished 1 from around 110 out. The other was a 180 yarder out of the woods to a foot.

How about the 3 wood at regional rivalry on 14? Or the Blind 4 iron on #7 on the front nine of the first match

I don't remember either ones hahaha. The mind is a terrible thing to waste

127y 9i draw flighted over the oak tree to hole out eagle Hammock Creek 18 (drive 275) took the money!... look on their (hating) face's...Priceless!...The only real man in the group Joe, said out loud in the FW "its OVER!"...Joe was the first to pony up!...I bought the beers with the winnings
013_zpsg58vimut.jpg

Landed here rolled left into hole...IMO draw shots have a better chance of going in, as they roll up toward the pin further... than a cut stopping short
023_zpsd3kiiqal.jpg

Almost holed the drive...missed by inches 269y Par 4 Park Ridge Golf Course hole 13...divot in front green, hit a lot of FW woods like this...Dr was best
H
019_zpsz3hjbudn.jpg

Last edited:
Well 2016 hasn't ended and today I hit two incredible shots on 18 at panther lake. The hole played 550 from the pad we played. I hit a high cut down the right side and had 223 into the hole for my 2nd. I hit my 2 hybo to 35', 2 putt birdie. Two solid shots to reach in two, just as I imagined it.
5061448ac1e15c1d3e8adaa4e8fa983b.png

Well 2016 hasn't ended and today I hit two incredible shots on 18 at panther lake. The hole played 550 from the pad we played. I hit a high cut down the right side and had 223 into the hole for my 2nd. I hit my 2 hybo to 35', 2 putt birdie. Two solid shots to reach in two, just as I imagined it.
5061448ac1e15c1d3e8adaa4e8fa983b.png

That looks like a fun hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I holed out from 45 yards out a while back for my first eagle, nice little one hop into the cup.

2. Drove the green on a 310 yards par 4, ended up pin high middle of the green. Flag was on the left, ball was on the right, nice 2 putt birdie though.

Over the summer at Mount Snow Golf Club in VT, I chipped in for birdie from an uphill lie on a hard left to right breaking green. Landed it just left of the break and it rolled right in.

At the #Grandaddy last week playing with Canadan in the Pinehurst match, I had 80 yards in from the rough with my 54* and put it to a couple inches to take the hole.

At the CURE event, I made an incredibly improbable putt from the fringe (with my new CX2) to halve a par-3 in match play after we started off way off line.

That putt was HUGE! That was a really fun match.

I was having a hard time finding 2 shots that really stood out from all the rounds I had this year, but that changed this weekend. No exciting hole outs, but some shots that I didn't think that I could pull off and did.

1st one was on Saturday on a par 3 at Pine Lakes on Jekyll Island. I topped my tee shot and didn't get much more than 40 yards of the tee. The ball nestled down into the rough and I had 106 yards to the stick. I wasn't sure I could even get it on the green, but I pulled out a PW and was able to put a nice swing on it. The ball launched nice and high, landed on the green about 20 feet back then released to about 18 inches. That is one way to get a par.

The 2nd one was on Sunday at The Plantation Course at Sea Island. I had hit one of my best drives of the day and left myself an 8 iron into the green. The contact was nice, but I pulled it just a bit off my line and landed pin high into a pretty significantly deep bunker. I got in the bunker and could only see the top part of the stick. I am a pretty poor bunker player, but I have really worked on not letting it stress me out like it use to. I settled in and took a nice smooth swing and popped it just over the lip of the bunker. I knew it was in line with the stick, but I had no idea where it might have ended up. I was playing with T0AD and he asked me if I could see where it stopped. Of course I said "no" and he said "you are going to like it". As I am starting to rake and make my exit from the bunker he adds "you don't need your putter". I raked a bit quicker and jogged up the incline to see the ball had come to a stop about 4 inches right by the cup. Another fun way to make a par.

Hmmmm... kinda tough to pick 2 shots from the entire year, but... I'll give it a go!

1. There's a par 3 on one of the local courses I play that can play as long as a 4 iron and as short as an 8 iron, depending on the wind and temperature. In the middle of August, I played here just to get out and practice a bit. I got to this hole (#7) and the pin was all the way back, but there was no breeze, so it was playing about 165 yards. For me, that's usually a choked down 6 iron but I was feeling good about hitting an all-out 7 iron instead. I caught it perfectly and the ball never left the flag. It pitched about 6 feet in front of the hole, hopped once and stopped dead less than 8 inches from the hole. Easy little tap-in birdie.

2. During our first major tournament of the season, I was completely out of the tournament during the final round and was finishing on the 12th hole which is a shortish par 4 that doglegs pretty severely to the left. At that point in the tournament, I was just trying to make a birdie and hope that it held up to win a skin. I tried to cut the corner of the dogleg but I ended up clipping a tree branch and the ball fell straight down. I had 2 options. I could have punched out to the right into the fairway... or, I could try a hero shot. That required me to hit a high cut into a small opening in the trees, but... I figured it was worth the risk. I executed the shot to perfection. I hit an 8 iron that started just left of the tree in front of me, climbed up into the opening in the canopy and turned to the right, landing pin high and 12 feet to the right of the hole. I made the putt for birdie... but it didn't hold up for the skin. Still... it was a shot that I'm 95% sure I couldn't repeat with 100 balls.

- Chuck

Back