The best 2 shots you hit in 2016

1 - Second group to tee off on day 2 of #TheGauntlet so we had a nice crowd. The first hole on We-Ko-Pa Cholla is a 332 yard par 4 with a waste area running up the left side of the hole with the fairway snaking around said waste area to the right. I pull out my OG Heavenwood, and pump one out over the waste area with what was probably my best shot of that entire event. I recall JB saying, "Do you think you hit that thing high enough?" It was a flex worth moment for sure :D.

2 - There are actually two from Poppy Hills here. The first was a PW from 155 and to date is the closest I've come to a HIO. Honorable mention goes to a tee shot on I had on #12 at Poppy Hills with my HW, which is the best shot I have hit with the thing. It's a shortish par 4 (370), slightly downhill and I absolutely murdered it. We couldn't find it at first and then Mark_UK says, 'Is that it by the greenside bunker?' It damn sure was! Not sure of the carry, but I got a ridiculous amount of roll. In true hacker fashion, I bladed my pitch shot over the green, hahaha!

zfFYL3hl.jpg

I know you had some bombs when we played at Poppy! Also, how cool are those flag sticks out there? Always love seeing them in a picture.

Probably the most memorable/best 2 shots Ive hit this year were actually on back-to-back holes at The Georgia Club and I was playing with Southernshred so hes a witness! The first was on hole 12, a 178yd par-3, I went into the left greenside bunker, my sand shot was almost perfect, hit the pin and stopped about 6 inches from the cup. The very next hole was a 355yd par-4 dogleg left, sitting in the fairway with a 54 degree, I hit a dart right at the pin, and in fact it also hit the pin in the air but it spun back to about 6 feet. I was pretty happy with my aim that day!

It's tough to figure out two best but if I had to they would be:

1) Had a HIO in July but that wasn't the best shot of the round. Played 27 and the HIO was last hole. On #20, I hit a drive onto the fairway for #19 and was 140 from the pin but there was a stand of high trees in between. Hit a high 9 iron over the trees right over the flag that landed 10' past the pin. Just missed the birdie putt but it was a great par save. That day was a real good ball striking day, I probably have 4-5 more shots from that round that I could list and shot +3 for 27.

2) In September, on a dogleg left, my 3W off the tee clipped the trees and left me dead in the trees 160 yards from the pin but in the woods. In jail, even back or sideways was ugly. Saw a high hole in the canopy but in order to get near the green had to hit a draw through it. Hit 7 iron through the hole into a greenside bunker and got up and down for par.

Bonus: Just last month driver off the tee onto the green on a 330 yard par 4 (it was a dogleg and the green was a 265 carry) and the ball ran through to the back fringe. Hadn't played in over a month so was real happy that I hit the ball that well.

Last edited:
Had a couple chips ins this year. I guess I'll take two of those as my best. Nothing other than those were truly memorable for me this year. Apparently I had an exciting year haha

Two come quickly to mind:

1.) Early in the season at Arrowhead Golf Club #15, 520 yard Par 5. I left my drive in the rough around a fairway bunker. Ball was above my feet about 270 yards from the hole. Pulled 3W and just wanted to put a good swing on it, had no expectations of getting near the green. I even had to choke up and just hit a low bullet that ran up and left me a 10-15' eagle putt (missed it).

2.) Second to last round of this season at Grover Cleveland Golf Course #17, 145 yard Par 3. Pin was in front so I hit 9 iron and almost got my first HIO, left it less than a foot for a tap in birdie.

962fd38f46855e8f2ed30f43420390b2.jpg

Nicely done moosejaa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 - April 29, 2016. WeKoPa Saguaro, #5. Par 3, playing 149. Prep for Gauntlet. HIO. Was posting live as I was playing. My only eagle of the year.

#2 - Needed to drain a 20 ft putt for birdie, to win my flight in the Member Guest tourney at my club. R to L uphill putt, drained it! Won the flight by one point.
#2a - In a scramble, I drained a 90 ft putt (or some ridiculously long putt) for birdie.

I often wonder it realllllly long putts are way better shots than from the fairway.

1 - Second group to tee off on day 2 of #TheGauntlet so we had a nice crowd. The first hole on We-Ko-Pa Cholla is a 332 yard par 4 with a waste area running up the left side of the hole with the fairway snaking around said waste area to the right. I pull out my OG Heavenwood, and pump one out over the waste area with what was probably my best shot of that entire event. I recall JB saying, "Do you think you hit that thing high enough?" It was a flex worth moment for sure :D.

2 - There are actually two from Poppy Hills here. The first was a PW from 155 and to date is the closest I've come to a HIO. Honorable mention goes to a tee shot on I had on #12 at Poppy Hills with my HW, which is the best shot I have hit with the thing. It's a shortish par 4 (370), slightly downhill and I absolutely murdered it. We couldn't find it at first and then Mark_UK says, 'Is that it by the greenside bunker?' It damn sure was! Not sure of the carry, but I got a ridiculous amount of roll. In true hacker fashion, I bladed my pitch shot over the green, hahaha!

zfFYL3hl.jpg

Dang! Lol...."flex worthy" shots are fun to have in front of a crowd!

This one on a par3 at my home course

Also a 3 wood 2nd I hit to about three feet on a par 5. It was a 90 degree dogleg and I carried a stand of pines. Didn't see it land, but was pleasantly surprised when I got to the green. I made the putt.

I was scrolling and saw the cup then looked closer and cringed. I've done that twice...crazy

Had a couple chips ins this year. I guess I'll take two of those as my best. Nothing other than those were truly memorable for me this year. Apparently I had an exciting year haha

Haha chip ins are noteworthy! Last outdoor round I played a couple weeks ago I ended on 18 with a chip in. Such an awesome feeling

Haha chip ins are noteworthy! Last outdoor round I played a couple weeks ago I ended on 18 with a chip in. Such an awesome feeling

We like chip ins :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My last wedge swing outside was a birdie out of a nasty greenside bunker.
#LikeABoss

One of my favorites was my drive off #1 at Lake Jovita around what felt like a million THP'ers. I hit really well by my standards, which felt really good!

The other good shot was a 7-iron downwind into a par 5 from about 185. I actually caught it a little thin, but it flew to the front of the green dead straight and rolled over the cup for a tap in eagle.

1) 25* Ptx from 205 on Morgan Creek #17. Got close in two and the eagle beat my opponents birdie to advance to the finals weekend of the BC Match Play.
2) #18 at Cowboys Club at the Ben Hogan Experience. I was laying two in a bunker near the green and hit it to a couple feet to make birdie. My putter was so ice cold that weekend anything other than a tap-in I probably would have missed so it was a relief lol.

I love hearing about all these different shots!

Probably my two holes in one

First one was July 5. Hit a 6-iron from 167. Hopped a few feet in front of the cup and trickled in.

Second one was August 21. Hit a 7-iron from 145. Same thing happened... landed just in front of the cup and disappeared.

I was scrolling and saw the cup then looked closer and cringed. I've done that twice...crazy

It was hard to repair too, the greens just came back from top dressing so the turf was really Sandy.

This one for sure.
3b566f0e9184d1835e960dd00d426d1f.jpg

bfe0f7f74419d0a3f56abc1364ccdf13.jpg

Second best shot would be this round
5589cb9c4ee01f7e237a9ba38288b41a.jpg

The first was early this year in a scramble on a par 3 where my pitch mark was 2" from the cup. For a second I thought I had my first hole in one.

The second was just a few weeks ago and was a 270 yard 3 wood off the deck that ended up pin high just of the right edge of the green. My normal total distance with my 3 wood has been 250 or so off the deck, but I've been working on my swing alot and improving and it's showing on the course.

2016 may have been the worst golfing year of my adult life. Only a couple sub par rounds and an awesome summer trip. But no outstanding shots to speak of.

I had a 5 iron on the 9th at Bandon Dunes from 215 that settled 12 feet from the cup. Outside of that nothing else was ground breaking.

2016 may have been the worst golfing year of my adult life. Only a couple sub par rounds and an awesome summer trip. But no outstanding shots to speak of.

I had a 5 iron on the 9th at Bandon Dunes from 215 that settled 12 feet from the cup. Outside of that nothing else was ground breaking.

I saw you hit you hit some awesome shots in Savannah dude..... 2017 will be a killer year for the Panda!

Followed that trip on Twitter! Some great videos and pics! Looked amazing....never played up there.

1. Number 5 at Old MacDonald (Bandon Dunes), a mid length par 3. It was playing into a 3 wind club from about 10 o'clock. I pured the shot and put it exactly on the line my caddie gave me. The ball landed and came to rest about 3 feet from the flag.

2. Number 10(?), a par 5 at Cowboy Club for the Hogan event. I hit 3 hybrid to about 3 feet for the eagle. I think I stroked on that hole for the net albatross.

2) #18 at Cowboys Club at the Ben Hogan Experience. I was laying two in a bunker near the green and hit it to a couple feet to make birdie. My putter was so ice cold that weekend anything other than a tap-in I probably would have missed so it was a relief lol.
That shot was money - it paid for my only HOF tag. Thank you.

But there were circumstances. With a pretty big surgery maybe it's not fair to compare 2016 to prior years.

2. Number 10(?), a par 5 at Cowboy Club for the Hogan event. I hit 3 hybrid to about 3 feet for the eagle. I think I stroked on that hole for the net albatross.

I was there, that shot was pretty incredible!

Back