The best shot of the round

204 yard 6i on a Par 3 :oops:

Played safe on a long par 5, and then tapped the pin on the 3rd from 48y. It somehow didn't quite fall, but it was well played into a ridge with almost no margin for error, and turned it into a real low stress and quick finish hole for me.

Instead of thinking too much about playing it safe and hitting a lower club perfectly before a bunker I hit driver knowing I’d clear it and hit it 290 30 yards from the green. Felt amazing.

Hit it closer with the same level of danger of just trying to hit it shorter

Dark AF...7i over water and 6ft past the hole for a 🐥 putt

Got to be this one! Par 3 that has a slope that feeds into a deep bunker and that's where I put my tee shot. I actually like to play out of the sand, but this lie was ridiculous! Deep bunker that was wet. Where my ball lay I could tell there was barely any sand underneath and worse there was a ridge of sand about an inch behind the ball that was 3/8 to 1/2 an inch higher than where my ball lay. No way to hit a traditional sand shot as the club would just bounce off that ridge and blade it. So, I had to clip it with a descending blow using my highest lofted wedge and without opening the face. But not too descending or I'm not going to get over the lip of this deep bunker. I was also 60 feet from the hole. I popped it out with enough height and spin so that it landed 6 feet short of the hole and settled 2 feet from the cup for a kick-in par.

Screenshot_20211201-145935_TheGrint.jpg
20211201_145948.jpg

20211201_150332.jpg
20211201_150506.jpg

A hard working Cobra MB 7i over the trees to 3' and an eagle. 😬

My favorite little par-3 at Apple Mountain today, just playing 93 yds with the pin in the front. Hit my 60* pin high, about 12' right, spin and slope took it to about 6" directly in front of the hole. Really thought I might have gotten my first ever Ace for a second, but still no such luck.

Looking from the tee box, can't really see the ball in this one, but gives a feel for the hole:

Apple Mountain 15b.jpg

A little closer look:

Apple Mountain 15a.jpg

My favorite little par-3 at Apple Mountain today, just playing 93 yds with the pin in the front. Hit my 60* pin high, about 12' right, spin and slope took it to about 6" directly in front of the hole. Really thought I might have gotten my first ever Ace for a second, but still no such luck.

Looking from the tee box, can't really see the ball in this one, but gives a feel for the hole:

View attachment 9049255

A little closer look:

View attachment 9049254
Which Apple Mountain course? Like city?

I could talk about the “sort of miss and/or over the top” fade I hit to about six feet for a relatively simple eagle putt the other day, or, I‘ll just focus on the shot I meant to hit. Tight bunker lie to a corner pin, not much to work with, I just well full commit with my Edel wedge and splash flopped it to about a foot or so.

It was either going to be good, or in the water on the other side of the green hahaha… I like it.

I thought I had identified my BSOTR earlier in today's round when on a 190 yard downhill par 3 with a green that slopes away. My playing partners hadn't played this course in 20 years and asked me to help them get around the course. I told my playing partners there was a small flat area just short and right of the green that if you land there the ball will hop diagonally left onto the green and end up near the hole. Then I stepped up to the tee and nailed it! Ball ended up 6 feet from the hole for birdie.

But then later on a par 5 my approach shot went onto the green and then settled left I thought on the collar. So, I pulled putter and as I got closer realized the ball rolled about 3-4 feet into the rough. Now the rough wasn't terrible, but it was rough and once on the green the ball had to go up a slope then down the other side where it also sloped right. In all it was about a 40 footer and dropped in the center of the cup. So that became the BSOTR.

Last edited:
Last Monday I holed out a PW from 110 on a par 5 for eagle.
It was about 20 ft uphill, was dead on the stick the whole way. Saw one hop an suspected it had dropped.
Pitchmark was about 2ft shy of the hole.
I’ve be struggling with my game for a while now, so that was a nice confidence booster for my iron play.

Holed one out from a greenside bunker today for birdie!

Saturday hole # 18, 235 yard 3 wood to set up eagle putt

Driving started well, but my slice came back towards the end. After another slice into the trees, I piped a 3w from the rough back into the fairway to set up an up and down for birdie.

1638800812063.png

17 foot birdie putt on the 17th hole that I really didn't expect to make! Made 3 or 4 putts yesterday outside of 10 feet and had a total of 29 putts, which is a good day.

Was going for anything within 10 feet below as a win, and holed it out. 😬 Do NOT want to be over there again though.

I had a couple of flop shots today over traps that resulted in tap ins, but on the 18th hole, from off the fringe I used my 6 iron to chip to 6" for a round ending par. It was about a 35' chip.

Pre release wedge threw some darts yesterday

I executed some better, but this was definitely the best! :LOL:

Once I saw it I was worried that if I missed it might run down to the pin, even if I missed high, but it worked out exactly the opposite. :p

Tough scoring conditions with wind, soft, trampled greens, cold temperatures, and lots of stuff on the ground. But hey, we're playing golf in December!!!

BSOTR was the tee shot on a par 4. Tee shot required a big draw into the wind and around a tree sticking out in the fairway that was executed perfectly leaving a 120 yard approach shot from a flat lie (and there aren't very many flat lie spots on this hole). Set up an approach shot to 6 feet and a putt for birdie.

After I pushed my tee shot into the creek I had 135 left. I was under some tree branches and into the wind and uphill I hit a flighted 8 iron to a foot for a tap in par.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

punched a 5i low and behind a line of trees to put me onto the first cut of the green after pushing my tee shot left...when i was asked what i was gonna do, my playing partner's reply was "you think you can make that shot?" @OldandStiff ...yeah, i did and i'd take that shot again.

Back