The Car Shopping Thread

Got a weirdly high offer from Carvana for my EcoSport... Hyundai Tucson (probably) here I come (probably)!

Got a weirdly high offer from Carvana for my EcoSport... Hyundai Tucson (probably) here I come (probably)!

I looked at those too. Its a nice SUV. I couldn't believe the Lincoln was priced similarly when we started adding features, but Hyundai makes a nice SUV.

I looked at those too. Its a nice SUV. I couldn't believe the Lincoln was priced similarly when we started adding features, but Hyundai makes a nice SUV.

I have really liked my Tuscon for the 2 weeks I have had it. I fit all 4 sets of clubs in the back(2 are junior sets tho).

It is really cool to see them being delivered! Watched a neighbor down the street while I was grabbing my daughter at the bus stop. Biggest package you will ever get!

Woo! Yes, Carvana quotes are very aggressive
It’s so high I’m scared to ask too many questions! I can’t imagine a dealership matching the quote.
I have really liked my Tuscon for the 2 weeks I have had it. I fit all 4 sets of clubs in the back(2 are junior sets tho).

It is really cool to see them being delivered! Watched a neighbor down the street while I was grabbing my daughter at the bus stop. Biggest package you will ever get!
Nice! We drove a Tucson 2 years ago when my wife got her Forester and I really liked it. 2022 model is a redesign so I’m hoping I can make a deal!

Shoutout to Murray Hyundai Winnipeg for their YouTube videos showing how clubs fit in the various models :LOL:

I lougled(Hot Tub Time Machine reference that too! If you want to see my cart bag in the back I can snap a pic!

I lougled(Hot Tub Time Machine reference that too! If you want to see my cart bag in the back I can snap a pic!
The YouTube video was very thorough! I got confirmation from my buddy he has a Tucson and I’ve had my clubs in his car. It was so long ago I couldn’t remember if it was that or the Santa Fe.

Before you accept, check with vroom. If available in your area they are usually higher.

I was looking at 4Runners as my next vehicle and as a replacement for my current Audi S4, but, I think I am just going to stay with my S4. This thing has been rock solid and is an absolute blast to drive.

All the talk about carvana trade ins got me interested. The value I was offered for my Mini makes a Tesla look very attractive....

The best price I got to sell my car was Carvana. I got a local dealer to come within $100.
Figured it was worth the $100 to deal locally

Last edited:
Anyone get this email?:
56C6364A-F763-4090-9BA7-B0EB86311B82.jpeg
77887C8F-C129-46B2-BE22-D38DAB11B906.png

The best price I got to sell my car was Carvana. I got a local dealer to come within $100.
Figured it was worth the $100 to deal locally
Thats a good trade in then.. my uncle is the GM of a local Ford, so last year he told me I could maybe get 4k for my trade in.. carvanna, 2 weeks ago so a full year and 15k miles later, quoted 4700 (as a sell to them price, not even a trade in.. if that would have any effect).. at very least ill be using that as negotiation tool

Btw anyone bought a car from carvanna? How's the financing work? Through them or go to a credit union?

Test drove several cars over the last few days. Started negotiations on a few.
Dealers that pushed marked up, quickly saw me walk away.

After discussing with family that had some experience, and a relative that works for the automaker, I ended up buying the Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport today.
I’m so pumped for this. Easily the most tech I’ve had in a car, which is something I wanted. I have never even had navigation in a car before this, plus a backup cam.

Finally I don’t have to wait for my wife to come home from work so I can borrow her car to go out to to the course!!!

View attachment 8998347

View attachment 8998348
How are you enjoying it? My wife's looking at the regular atlas because of the third road seating. I MUCH prefer the look of these but I'm losing that battle 10/10 times

do you have to buy from them?
After reading that I had to go check it out end put it my vin number and mileage and they offered me a crazy good price for my car.

My car is only 8 or so months old, so not really looking into selling, but I did not have to buy from them. Although if you do, there is some sales tax savings

indid
After reading that I had to go check it out end put it my vin number and mileage and they offered me a crazy good price for my car.

My car is only 8 or so months old, so not really looking into selling, but I did not have to buy from them. Although if you do, there is some sales tax savings

i did the same and they are offering a decent amount for my Camry with 120k miles. There is another place locally I’m going to on Friday and compare. I didn’t want to buy this soon, but also don’t want to lose trade value either.

indid

i did the same and they are offering a decent amount for my Camry with 120k miles. There is another place locally I’m going to on Friday and compare. I didn’t want to buy this soon, but also don’t want to lose trade value either.
Local dealership offered me 4K less, but honestly I’m not sure I want anything in my budget more than what I have. That makes it harder to do, but still harder to walk away from

How are you enjoying it? My wife's looking at the regular atlas because of the third road seating. I MUCH prefer the look of these but I'm losing that battle 10/10 times

loving it!
Took a little road trip 90 minutes north to play a round Saturday and it was such an easy ride. Comfortable and smooth.
There is sooooo much room on the 2nd row in this one. I had my grandmother and wife riding second row the other day and they could not believe how much room they had. When you move into the regular Atlas, that room gets a bit less to make room for the 3rd row.
My wife has a Highlander with a 3rd row, and we have used it twice or so, in the last 4 years. It was a no brained to go two row for my situation.

For those looking at Carvana, the process is wicked easy.
Last summer I sold my car to them, did not buy anything (went one car family until last week).
After getting the online offer, a couple days later I took it to the Carvana local place during my scheduled time, the guy met me outside. Looked at the car, started it to make sure no dash/warning lights were on, then said let’s go do paperwork.
Less than 10 minutes later I was on my way back home with a check in hand. I had zero pressure to buy anything, and it was a great experience. I put my wife’s highlander in the other day and have started talking to her about it as well, since there’s just so much equity in her car (and the used market) right now.

As @JB said above, a benefit to buying when trading in/selling to Carvana (or other dealers) is tax related, depending on your state. Some states you will only pay sales tax on the price of vehicle after trade in value is subtracted. That’s always something to know, as it could save another potential few thousand dollars when buying a car.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
I have had great luck with Hyndai. We currently have four between my kids and myself. The wife has a used Caddy. My Veracruz which is my rep car has 227K and hasnt cost me a dime outside of a radiator. I bought it for $3600. I honestly thinks it drives great. And i drive the crap out of it.

I refuse to purchase a new car, I will only purchase used and let someone else take the depreciation. If you look hard enough you can find great deals on used vehicles and the actual model you want. Last used car was back in 2014, picked up a 2012 Hyundai Genesis with the V-8, fully loaded with 5k miles for 23k. The sticker was still in the glove box, the sticker said 49k. Still have it today.

I refuse to purchase a new car, I will only purchase used and let someone else take the depreciation. If you look hard enough you can find great deals on used vehicles and the actual model you want. Last used car was back in 2014, picked up a 2012 Hyundai Genesis with the V-8, fully loaded with 5k miles for 23k. The sticker was still in the glove box, the sticker said 49k. Still have it today.
It’s a weird market right now. I’ve only put 12,000 miles on my car in the 18 months since I bought it new and the offer I got was ~$900 less than my purchase price.

Back