The Car Shopping Thread

Hahaha awesome, can't wait for reveal! You usually get some sweet cars!
Haha. I’m old and boring. I went Liconoln, Cadillac and back to Lincoln and I can’t stress enough how good the Corsair is for the money. Still the quietest ride I have ever been in.

this one I wanted something a little different. But no idea what shows up. Meaning it looked great in pictures, but thankfully 7 days to decide

Haha. I’m old and boring. I went Liconoln, Cadillac and back to Lincoln and I can’t stress enough how good the Corsair is for the money. Still the quietest ride I have ever been in.

this one I wanted something a little different. But know idea what shows up. Meaning it looked great in pictures, but thankfully 7 days to decide
I like their 7 day return policy. Thanks for the info.

Tomorrow I go into the lions den that’s known as the car dealership. I’ve got a specific number in mind and my trade is done so I’ll be polite but firm and I’m prepared to walk away if I have to.

Tomorrow I go into the lions den that’s known as the car dealership. I’ve got a specific number in mind and my trade is done so I’ll be polite but firm and I’m prepared to walk away if I have to.

Good luck!! #GoGetThat!

Here in SoCal there are tons of competing car dealers within a relatively small area. All pricing is finalized via the internet. I have friends in FL that pay thousands more for the same car vs. CA.

I've wanted a 2016 Genesis Coupe Ultimate since the day they came out. I'm sitting here without a vehicle since a deer stepped out in front of my truck at 60 mph on my way home from playing golf with @mtbloco, @MSEASU, and @tucsoncacti a few weeks ago, and I'm getting trigger happy while I wait for my truck to get repaired (last estimate was that they'd TRY to pull it into the shop by April 1st :rolleyes:).

My insurance company will only pay for 20 days worth of a rental car (and I'm on the hook for 20% of that also). My brain is telling me that car prices are too crazy right now and to wait it out. The rest of me disagrees. :LOL:

To top it off three of these cars have come across my email in the last week. I mean, it's MY car! Must resist. Must resist. :cry:

Ugh! Oh, and, f*** you deer!

this one I wanted something a little different. But know idea what shows up. Meaning it looked great in pictures, but thankfully 7 days to decide
Old? Maybe. Boring? Never.

You once told me that you don't even like cars; That you drive Lincoln because thats what you've always driven - and considering how great Ford has become over the last 10-15 years, you really can't go wrong. So interesting to see you go another direction.... I can't help but wonder just how far you have strayed.

I need/want a diesel truck but have no interest in car shopping right now. I have been putting it off but will be forced to do something soon.

Not sure what size truck you need, but if you don’t need an F250 or 2500 (or larger) I recently drove a diesel Tahoe (same 3.0 liter diesel as in the Silverado) and it was amazing. 460-ish ft. Lbs. of torque pretty much right out of the chute. Great ride, excellent accelelation, smooth throttle response, really nice shifts from the 10 speed automatic transmission and VERY quiet. I actually got our of the vehicle and walked around it, just to listen... no diesel clatter like the old days. Too much “technology” for my Luddite mentality, but that’s the way everything has gone. As long as it works, it’s great.... if not... ugh.

I’m seriously considering the diesel but from the way things are going lately, with the global material shortages, there are several options I’d choose that are off the table at the moment and pricing is bonkers on these things. My current Tahoe has almost 300k miles on the 5.3 gas motor and I’m pretty sure I’ll never have another vehicle as reliable as it has been. Kind of a bummer, looking for a new vehicle and knowing I’ll be spending a ridiculous amount of $ for something that probably won’t stack up from a reliability standpoint.

I've wanted a 2016 Genesis Coupe Ultimate since the day they came out. I'm sitting here without a vehicle since a deer stepped out in front of my truck at 60 mph on my way home from playing golf with @mtbloco, @MSEASU, and @tucsoncacti a few weeks ago, and I'm getting trigger happy while I wait for my truck to get repaired (last estimate was that they'd TRY to pull it into the shop by April 1st :rolleyes:).

My insurance company will only pay for 20 days worth of a rental car (and I'm on the hook for 20% of that also). My brain is telling me that car prices are too crazy right now and to wait it out. The rest of me disagrees. :LOL:

To top it off three of these cars have come across my email in the last week. I mean, it's MY car! Must resist. Must resist. :cry:

Ugh! Oh, and, f*** you deer!
DO IT!!

Ok obviously you do you. But funny quick story. When I got into the Morgan Cup I had to tell Emily we needed to reschedule our trip to see her parents. (We literally scheduled it 24 hours before my announcement) so I called her at work and was like "ummm you're gonna kill me.....we need to reschedule our trip" I explained everything she was cool with it, then before we hung up she says "I thought you were going to tell me you bought another car, and if you did I was going to kill you!"

I have a tendency to buy cars and not tell my wife, then "surprise" her when she gets home from work with a new vehicle in the garage. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Apparently I have done it one to many times.

I will say buying a wrangler has been fun. There are so many mods you can get and change your vehicle to personalize it in many ways.

I can't wait to get this off-roading around me. There is a park that you can get three of the Badges. The ironic thing is I am so far from the personality that people would say is a Wrangler type person. I don't camp, don't like anything about that type of outdoors. My idea of camping is going to a hotel and hot tubing after hiking. However, I do think off-roading looks like a ton of fun.
So jealous!

So today is Carvana delivery day they say.
They will take my Corsair and drop off the car I selected. I have 7 days to decide if I want to keep it, or they will come pick it up and bring my vehicle back to me or I can select another car obviously.

I have an appt at a dealership on Wednesday to have it looked over and make sure we are good to go. Its a super interesting process though, that is for sure.

They will take my Corsair and drop off the car I selected. I have 7 days to decide if I want to keep it, or they will come pick it up and bring my vehicle back to me or I can select another car obviously.

I have an appt at a dealership on Wednesday to have it looked over and make sure we are good to go. Its a super interesting process though, that is for sure.

I hope it is as smooth as it sounds! Can’t wait to see what is dropped off!

When I got a new job over a year ago it came with a company car, I sold my car as didn't feel the need to keep making payment, paying gas, etc... and sold it through Carvana. They had the best offer and when I completed everything online it was probably one of the easiest processes I had ever done. When the wife is ready to get a new ride, I will be looking at Carvana for sure.

Update...got into the dealership around 1:45PM or so....walked out keys in my hand at 4:30pm. Helped I had my car appraisal in hand from Carvana and the truck I wanted no one else was looking at. Ended up getting $13K off sticker and they took my car for what Carvana was offering. The easiest deal I have ever done and I am happy to be back in a truck.

I really hope it wows you on delivery and passes all required checks and balances.

Confirmed my car’s value with Carvana and heading to the Costco auto program dealer tonight for a test drive. Hoping to make a deal before the quarter closes.

I really hope it wows you on delivery and passes all required checks and balances.

Me too. The good news about this one, is if it doesn't, no biggie. Lots of cars out there and I have the full 7 days. If it does, it was one heck of an easy transaction.

That was beyond an easy process. They came on a single car flatbed. They dropped off the car and I drove it around the block. Checked it out, it looks good to me, but I will know more after appt on Wednesday.

Then the nice gentlemen drove my car around the block. Filled out some paperwork that took 5 minutes and the car is now in the garage and they are loading my car up to take it away.

That was beyond an easy process. They came on a single car flatbed. They dropped off the car and I drove it around the block. Checked it out, it looks good to me, but I will know more after appt on Wednesday.

Then the nice gentlemen drove my car around the block. Filled out some paperwork that took 5 minutes and the car is now in the garage and they are loading my car up to take it away.
That’s amazing! Hopefully it goes as smoothly if I end up selling my car to them.

That’s amazing! Hopefully it goes as smoothly if I end up selling my car to them.

It was absurdly easy. Im still a little surprised they gave me as much as they did, but Im not complaining. I think this car is the one, but if for some reason it isn't, there were a number of other choices.

Super easy.
Hope it works out, that the new car checks out, and you enjoy it! (And we can find out what it is! 🤣)

Super easy.
Hope it works out, that the new car checks out, and you enjoy it! (And we can find out what it is! 🤣)

Its a BMW 435i Gran Coupe.
Got a great deal on one with warranty left and 4 brand new tires.

How long do we think that some Auto Manufacture see this model along with this success and tries to replicate it or allows Carvana to sell new cars.
Can I ask under what premise you told the dealer that you want them to do a once over on a used car?

Back