The Car Shopping Thread

This was REALLY nice to sit in...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436489042.792897.jpg

But I ended up walking away happy with this 2010 VW Jetta TDI with on 59k mi
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436489138.721125.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436489149.989576.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436489159.523297.jpg
And most important test
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436489176.759265.jpg

Going to be shopping for a sweet minivan in the coming months... Just what makes sense for us now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436490093.699769.jpg

Here's what I went with and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd agree with that, the one I priced was around 63k. I also hate the tablet thing. Even seeing it in use it ruins the dashboard for me.

Why does a 63K CLA exist? Why wouldn't you buy a C class at that point?

Going to be shopping for a sweet minivan in the coming months... Just what makes sense for us now

I'll pour a 40 out for my homeboy

0016729eef51e5bd6af20b48b39dc1f1.jpg

Why does a 63K CLA exist? Why wouldn't you buy a C class at that point?

That's fully loaded, which is actually $67,500 (I never added park assist) and like JB said the options are way overpriced. Like $6500 for the AMG performance Studio Package. The CLA45 starts at 48.5k but yes for 63k I would take C63 AMG with the twin turbo V8, with a couple of options its the same price as a fully loaded CLA45.

View attachment 20830

View attachment 20831View attachment 20832View attachment 20833
And most important test
View attachment 20834

You did better at Balise, yeah yeah yeah.

Nice car! That Maxima is gorgeous too. A bit out of my price range but when I'm on the Nissan lots in a few weeks you know I'll be sitting in one :)

You did better at Balise, yeah yeah yeah.

Nice car! That Maxima is gorgeous too. A bit out of my price range but when I'm on the Nissan lots in a few weeks you know I'll be sitting in one :)

Thanks, that's the Maxima SR, I think the sticker was around $40k! Gorgeous ride though, sport seats with heating & cooling suede. If I didn't put nearly 800mi/wk on my car I'd think long & hard about leasing a new maxima.

What are you looking into? The guy I worked with was good, very easy going.

Thanks, that's the Maxima SR, I think the sticker was around $40k! Gorgeous ride though, sport seats with heating & cooling suede. If I didn't put nearly 800mi/wk on my car I'd think long & hard about leasing a new maxima.

What are you looking into? The guy I worked with was good, very easy going.

Looking at 2014 Altima SVs. I drive by Tasca in Dartmouth every day & check out the black Maxima they have right out front. I'm probably going to hit the Nissan dealership in Newport as well, they have a few low mileage Altimas for $17.5ish

Looking at 2014 Altima SVs. I drive by Tasca in Dartmouth every day & check out the black Maxima they have right out front. I'm probably going to hit the Nissan dealership in Newport as well, they have a few low mileage Altimas for $17.5ish

Those are nice!! If I remember I'll look this weekend when I pick my car up, they have a huge selection at Belise.

View attachment 20830

View attachment 20831View attachment 20832View attachment 20833
And most important test
View attachment 20834
Nice ride! Good luck with it.

Those new Maximas are really nice but they top out at 41k. A lot of other options at that price range. I'm guessing in a year they will start putting incentives on it to bring it around 35-36k.

I decided no go on the Fiesta ST, the search continues.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Those new Maximas are really nice but they top out at 41k. A lot of other options at that price range. I'm guessing in a year they will start putting incentives on it to bring it around 35-36k.

Thanks! I was really impressed with the Maxima, but it's not in the budget right now. Good luck in your search

Somehow - as I'm getting something in a few months - and amongst all my pondering/research in on the GS350, A6 3.0, 535i, E350, etc..........The M235i entered the picture. I'm intrigued. Or a 228i M-sport for that matter.

Somehow - as I'm getting something in a few months - and amongst all my pondering/research in on the GS350, A6 3.0, 535i, E350, etc..........The M235i entered the picture. I'm intrigued. Or a 228i M-sport for that matter.

The M235 is super super nice. Some say its the best BMW you can buy right now.

That is alot smaller than the rest of your options, but a very cool car.

That is alot smaller than the rest of your options, but a very cool car.

Exactly! It's weird how it entered the picture...so long as I have four usable seats to haul the family in a pinch (our other vehicle is a Flex, they're almost never in my car), I'm good to go. The reviews I've read made it seem spacious enough. I need to go drive one.

Haha, this Ford salesman is hilarious. I told him no go last night and now he's throwing the farm at me! I told him its a numbers game not a sales game and to show me the numbers I want to see, he got so frustrated.

I loathe the car sales game... My experience this time has been much better. I researched and waited and researched some more until I found what I wanted at the price I was comfortable with. I spent 40 min at the dealership and 20 of which were test driving and checking out the car. I pick it up Monday night and hope to be out of there in under an hour.

The Car Shopping Thread

I loathe the car sales game... My experience this time has been much better. I researched and waited and researched some more until I found what I wanted at the price I was comfortable with. I spent 40 min at the dealership and 20 of which were test driving and checking out the car. I pick it up Monday night and hope to be out of there in under an hour.
The Internet has streamlined the process so much .

Nothing was worse than dealing with sales people. Every time they asked my what I wanted my payment at I wanted to strangle them.

Just give me the two important numbers and let me worry about the financing .

(Sorry Frogger)

That sounds awesome compared to what I'm dealing with. I think I'm going to give up for a few months, I'm not in a rush anyway and its just so damn frustrating dealing with people. I think its a geographical thing, South Florida is full of shady high pressure car salesmen. Hmmm, maybe I should I try to buy from out of state!

That sounds awesome compared to what I'm dealing with. I think I'm going to give up for a few months, I'm not in a rush anyway and its just so damn frustrating dealing with people. I think its a geographical thing, South Florida is full of shady high pressure car salesmen. Hmmm, maybe I should I try to buy from out of state!

That could work.. I've had some really bad experiences in the past and was really not looking forward to shopping again.

Best advise I can give someone is to go after dinner on a Saturday evening/night (Dealers in WI are closed on Sundays). They will get the deal done before close (9PM), so not a bad couple hours including signing paperwork and taking test drive(s) etc.

The Internet has streamlined the process so much .

Nothing was worse than dealing with sales people. Every time they asked my what I wanted my payment at I wanted to strangle them.

Just give me the two important numbers and let me worry about the financing .

(Sorry Frogger)

That's exactly what I did for the MKZ. Stop asking me what I need my monthly bill at. I only want to know 2 things.
1. Car Price
2. Trade In Value

Back