The Car Shopping Thread

Pick up on Saturday probably .. of course they want to give next to nothing on the trade, but I can sell through KBB true cash value for 2k more
Dealership did the same to me. Ended up selling myself. Dealerships suck. They should give you some ford cash to spend on accessories.

I’m all over the place when it comes to what vehicle I want to get next year. The Ford Ranger raptor is pretty high on the list but might have to wait a little longer if that’s the route I go. Fighting the internal battle of something practical vs getting exactly what I want.

View attachment 9205230

Do ittttttttt

Though I got a Tacoma TRD pro and I absolutely love it , but when I see the new Land Cruiser I'm like this can do everything I want and is more practical

How big is the back area on the GV70. Can you put clubs straight across or do you think they will need to be angled. Thinking about this for my next car but not sure when. I have 160K on my 2014 A6 and think it will need about 5K in regular maintenance stuff in the next year or so. I am not sure I want to put that much more money into it.
From another poster on another site regarding golf clubs in a GV70

View attachment 9205249,
Can confirm. Not a ton of room back there, but enough.
20230917_173712.jpg
Have debadging and rebadging on the to-do list now. Wife wants black out on the hood and everything on the back. Yeah me?

Do ittttttttt

Though I got a Tacoma TRD pro and I absolutely love it , but when I see the new Land Cruiser I'm like this can do everything I want and is more practical
The new TRD Pro was also on my list. I’m not setting anything in stone until May. Lots of things will be changing between now and then.

There’s also the irresponsible part of me that wants to go for a Defender but that would be a stretch😂

Can confirm. Not a ton of room back there, but enough.
View attachment 9205704
Have debadging and rebadging on the to-do list now. Wife wants black out on the hood and everything on the back. Yeah me?

Enough for me. But also thinking about the larger model, cause the wife likes it, I told her you buy it then.:oops:

Reactions: J4U
Just sold my 2020 Model Y and now the wait begins for my Model X.

If it’s a wait you can make with no issues, I’d wait and get the one you want. Long term happiness etc. etc.
From just checking it out I think you’d be able to fit them straight across. Didn’t actually test it out. I thought it has a fairly impressive amount of cargo space though.
You guys get your Legacy yet?

Decided against buying a Model X and now I am trying to decide between a Q8 e-tron or a BMW i4 e40

I think I've found my next car, red 2024 KIA Soul GT line.

I need something I can pay cash for, so I don't finance and pay absorbent fees.

I think I've found my next car, red 2024 KIA Soul GT line.

I was seriously looking at one for my next car but there's just not enough trunk space for me. Yes, I know I can put the back seats down, but I would have to leave them down all the time.

Decided against buying a Model X and now I am trying to decide between a Q8 e-tron or a BMW i4 e40

For about $60k the i4 is the best electric car IMO. Great handling and good looks. I’d get it in the M50 version for the extra HP.

I went through this process a couple months ago.

I, too, liked the I4 from BMW. But the Model Y for $49K - $7500 tax credit for a net $41,500 was a no brainer as far as value is concerned. Took it on long road trip from NC to Maine, charging was a breeze with the Tesla charging network and the built in locating software.

Tesla has the electric vehicle process nailed down. Everyone else is chasing.

Also, I could not find any I4's for $60K. They were all closer to $70K, and the dealers were not dealing because inventory was very limited. That is a massive price delta.

Still need to buy my daughter a car, thinking about selling mine as I need new tires and probably brakes soon, did the kbb pricing check and the graph shows a steady decrease in value over the last year 🫤.

No clue what I want and pricing and financing is ridiculous And I kind of like not having a payment

I went through this process a couple months ago.

I, too, liked the I4 from BMW. But the Model Y for $49K - $7500 tax credit for a net $41,500 was a no brainer as far as value is concerned. Took it on long road trip from NC to Maine, charging was a breeze with the Tesla charging network and the built in locating software.

Tesla has the electric vehicle process nailed down. Everyone else is chasing.

Also, I could not find any I4's for $60K. They were all closer to $70K, and the dealers were not dealing because inventory was very limited. That is a massive price delta.

No doubt the Model Y is the logical EV choice especially with their charging network and recently lowered pricing on all models. It’s not a surprise that Teslas are outselling their U.S. competition by such a huge ratio(currently selling almost 3 times the numbers of EVs as the next 4 brands combined). It will be interesting to see how their sales jump when the Cybertruck begins mass production some time in early 2024. They have about 1 million orders for their Cybertruck so it’s going to take years before they are caught up with demand.

My ‘15 Model S is only worth about $20k on trade but it’s still reliable and as a huge bonus I have free unlimited supercharging for the life of the vehicle. They only thing I don’t like is that after 8.5 years I’m a little bored with the body style of my Telsa and IMO a refresh is in order after changing nothing but the front bumper cover since 2012. If they update the body style I’ll likely buy another Model S when I’m ready to replace it in a few more years but right now I like the looks of the BMW I4, Audi E Tron GT, and a few others better. Tesla is opening up their charging network to most other EV brands starting next summer so that will make other brands a bit more attractive for those who do long roadtrips.

Trekked through the storm to go pick up my maverick
1000008781.jpg

Ordered up some tailgate letters and mud flaps, then just need floor mats

Tonneau cover, tinted windows, and ceramic coating will be first mods added

Still need to buy my daughter a car, thinking about selling mine as I need new tires and probably brakes soon, did the kbb pricing check and the graph shows a steady decrease in value over the last year 🫤.

No clue what I want and pricing and financing is ridiculous And I kind of like not having a payment

What are you driving right now?

On another note, I'll be buying my Sportage out of lease next year because I like it right now.

What are you driving right now?

On another note, I'll be buying my Sportage out of lease next year because I like it right now.
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Its a good vehicle and still looks/drives good. I'm just tired of putting $80-90 in my gas tank to fill up and at 65k miles some wear is starting to show. This is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle in my life as I've always been a leasee so having to replace things is foreign territory haha

Jeep Grand Cherokee, Its a good vehicle and still looks/drives good. I'm just tired of putting $80-90 in my gas tank to fill up and at 65k miles some wear is starting to show. This is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle in my life as I've always been a leasee so having to replace things is foreign territory haha
I'd look at a four banger then. I'd stay away from the 1.2 and 1.3 litre turbos but the 1.6 and up turbo and non turbos would be fine if you don't need to tow anything.

If I wasn't going to keep my Sportage I'd be getting into a Seltos, but I'm a bit keen on Kia at the moment.

From just checking it out I think you’d be able to fit them straight across. Didn’t actually test it out. I thought it has a fairly impressive amount of cargo space though.
I'm very high on the GV70 could be some YT fluff articles but damn I'm liking it more and more. Was big on Audi Q5 as top choice but the trunk is teeny tiny so not thrilled in the option. GV70 with Warranty might be next choice.

I'm very high on the GV70 could be some YT fluff articles but damn I'm liking it more and more. Was big on Audi Q5 as top choice but the trunk is teeny tiny so not thrilled in the option. GV70 with Warranty might be next choice.1000003888.png

For about $60k the i4 is the best electric car IMO. Great handling and good looks. I’d get it in the M50 version for the extra HP.
The issue is availability. Earliest I could get one is 60 days out and thats only if accept one already built waiting at the port. If I wanted all the options I wanted it was a 120 day wait to get one built.

Ended up getting an Q8 etron. Dealer took 14K off of the sticker price on a 2024 model so signed the agreement on Friday.

Back