The Cheese Pizza Thread

@KEV we have another one that is clearly as bright as we are.

Reactions: KEV
It's not the best, but a good cheese pizza is always a solid option.

I'm not sure where I fall on this one. My wife doesn't eat meat, so we have our fair share of cheese pizza, and it's great. But I'd be lying if I said I could do it all the time. Sometimes a guy just needs some toppings.

@KEV we have another one that is clearly as bright as we are.

This was a hot topic during our Grandaddy video shoot last night. Friendships may have ended. And @McLovin, you may want to start thinking about suspensions for some of your team members.

It's not the best, but a good cheese pizza is always a solid option.
Say it a little louder for the people in the back.

• Haha
I used to consider myself a cheese pizza guy. But then I went to a fantastic pizza place by my office that is so Italian they have a Fiat inside the restaurant. They have a pizza with spicy salami and it changed my life. Colors are more vivid. I can smell flowers I have never smelled before. I am a better person after enjoying it.

If that makes me anti-cheese, then so be it.

Last edited:
I tried to set @KEV straight last night and his only argument is "All pizza is cheese pizza". ?‍♂️ No...it's cheese AND! There's a reason there are no cheese only pizza parlors and there's a reason extra toppings come at a premium. ?

A good old plain cheese pizza is a rare thing. I'm not going to avoid toppings, especially from a chain place, because it's not like I'm going to turn down pizza. However, a cheese pizza is the indicator of how good a pizza really is. You cant hide behind other toppings, and the quality of your ingredients and process will show. Just like a fried grouper sandwich is the first order from a new seafood joint, a cheese pizza is the test of a new pizza joint.

This was a hot topic during our Grandaddy video shoot last night. Friendships may have ended. And @McLovin, you may want to start thinking about suspensions for some of your team members.

one does not need good tastebuds to hit a golf shot. i'll allow it. i'll disagree with it, but i'll allow it.

I love a good cheese pizza. Place by us does a great extra cheese.

Although I wont shy away from it if its offered (I don't shy away from much) but straight cheese pizza isn't even on my mind when I think about pizza. If your going to go through all the trouble of ordering it or especially making it.....I don't see why one wouldn't put anything else on it.

Although I wont shy away from it if its offered (I don't shy away from much) but straight cheese pizza isn't even on my mind when I think about pizza. If your going to go through all the trouble of ordering it or especially making it.....I don't see why one wouldn't put anything else on it.

If you go through the trouble of ordering a steak or grilling one up, do you have to throw other meat on top to make it better?

I get toppings on my pizzas too but it's extra cheese.

If you go through the trouble of ordering a steak or grilling one up, do you have to throw other meat on top to make it better?

Your trying to make this better than it is. You cant compare cheese pizza and steak.

Although I have had bacon cut up in bits in a sauce that was over a steak and it was mind blowing.

.....and the picture you posted of your pizza does look good ill at least give you that. But again I don't shy away from much

Honestly could not say the last time I had a cheese only pizza. If done well it’s good but cheap take out pizza needs toppings in my opinion.

Your trying to make this better than it is. You cant compare cheese pizza and steak.

Although I have had bacon cut up in bits in a sauce that was over a steak and it was mind blowing.

.....and the picture you posted of your pizza does look good ill at least give you that. But again I don't shy away from much

I know, pizza might be better.

Honestly could not say the last time I had a cheese only pizza. If done well it’s good but cheap take out pizza needs toppings in my opinion.

This I agree with...And based on the examples by some in this thread, I understand why they load it up with toppings. Looking at my brother @dacatalyst41

I actually think it makes cheap pizzas better.

I think cheese pizza is only truly appreciated in areas that have quality ingredients for all 3 components (dough/sauce/cheese). Living in the NY metro area my entire life I’ve been fortunate with my cheese pizza options and truly appreciate a solid pie. However there are areas of the US that have Dominos/Papa Johns as their only pizza option, and in that case you load up those pies with as many toppings as possible to try and make them decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You judge a place by its ability to make a cheese pizza. If they can't make a decent cheese pizza putting meat, fish, fungus or garden on it ain't gonna make it any better.

• Appreciation
I know, pizza might be better.

This I agree with...And based on the examples by some in this thread, I understand why they load it up with toppings. Looking at my brother @dacatalyst41
For the last time, we don't eat CiCi's!

Toppings make pizza better in the same way that premium trim makes vehicles better.

Back