The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

71BB16E8-0019-447D-BE06-2238F3369EC9.png
I Made birds on both holes.

The 5 wood goes further, the hy-wood is easier to launch off the fairway. I wished, I went with the 4 and 5 hybrid instead of the XL halo irons. Then Halo's 6-W, that would make a great set.

Have you compared the 4/5 hybrid vs the Halo XLs?

I placed an order for a back up hywood today. I really love this club.

The hy-wood is so good. Just performs! I’m gonna get 225-230 just about every time. It’s a safety blanket.

I'm going to buy a Hy-wood today. I'm playing the Maltby HyWay 21* with a MPF Pro R flex. My Ping G30 3 hybrid with reg flex. Irons and Driver with S flex. Still getting 115 mph balls speed with the 7 iron with S flex.
Does anyone know if the Project-X Cypher 40 Flexes run stiffer or softer? (This question leaves a big opening for some responses :rolleyes::oops:)
Need to know if I should get R or S flex.

I'm going to buy a Hy-wood today. I'm playing the Maltby HyWay 21* with a MPF Pro R flex. My Ping G30 3 hybrid with reg flex. Irons and Driver with S flex. Still getting 115 mph balls speed with the 7 iron with S flex.
Does anyone know if the Project-X Cypher 40 Flexes run stiffer or softer? (This question leaves a big opening for some responses :rolleyes::oops:)
Need to know if I should get R or S flex.

In my opinion the Project-X Cypher 40 Flexes run soft. I bought a senior shaft and should have gotten a regular. But, as a senior golfer, I have adjusted.

I have a PGA Tour Superstore, 3 DSG, 1 Golf Galaxy all less than 30 min drive. Cannot find anywhere that has the Hywood in stock! WTF! I have to either buy online from Carl's Golfland or Global Golf. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate.

I have a PGA Tour Superstore, 3 DSG, 1 Golf Galaxy all less than 30 min drive. Cannot find anywhere that has the Hywood in stock! WTF! I have to either buy online from Carl's Golfland or Global Golf. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate.

@Danimal please give me an update on your thoughts comparing this to both the Mkii hybrid and 7w when you have some thoughts. Very curious.

@Danimal please give me an update on your thoughts comparing this to both the Mkii hybrid and 7w when you have some thoughts. Very curious.
Here is what I posted in the MK II Thread:
I took the 7w to the range today…..it’s going straight into the bag. I was getting my distances at the 210+ range and I didn’t really hit a bad shot with it. I am glad I took a chance. This has the makings of a bag favorite.

I'm putting the Hy-wood on the bench for the time being. The 7W actually blew my doors off. The 22* Srixon Hybrid is going to gap perfectly.

Here is what I posted in the MK II Thread:
I took the 7w to the range today…..it’s going straight into the bag. I was getting my distances at the 210+ range and I didn’t really hit a bad shot with it. I am glad I took a chance. This has the makings of a bag favorite.

I'm putting the Hy-wood on the bench for the time being. The 7W actually blew my doors off. The 22* Srixon Hybrid is going to gap perfectly.

Great to know. I'll probably hop over in that thread and bend your ear a bit later.

The HyWood is on sale on the Cleveland site for $159.99.

If you are looking for a club for that 5W or Super Hybrid spot, now is the time!!!

I’ve decided to put the Hy-wood back in. I am keeping the 7W and will have a 5H. The Hy-Wood just fills that gap so weLl and is much better in the wind. The 7W is a great tool but the wind is an enemy of the state.

I’ve decided to put the Hy-wood back in. I am keeping the 7W and will have a 5H. The Hy-Wood just fills that gap so weLl and is much better in the wind. The 7W is a great tool but the wind is an enemy of the state.

Welcome back!!

Welcome back!!
It was always going to be a part of my bag in theory. I just did some trial and error and figured it out in reality. He was hanging in my office during the hiatus, always in view :D.

What degree is the 7W?

I picked up a HY-Wood recently, bought direct from Cleveland Golf, got here in a couple of days, and have had it out once. No warmups, no practice shots, first time I hit it was on a long par-5, from light rough, I looked over at the guy I was playing with and told him this would be the first time I've hit this club. He looked at me after my shot and says, "I have a feeling you'll be keeping that one, nice shot!". I used it a couple of more times during the round, and like everyone here has said, so easy to hit well, good distance, and nice trajectory. I'm playing again tomorrow, on another course where the Hy-Wood will be seeing some play.

So I've unexpectedly gotten myself into reworking the top of my bag. I won a Srixon ZX MKII 3-wood, which is another incredibly good club, 15* replaces my previous 16.5* fairway. That left a considerable gap to my 20* hybrid, so I got the 18* Hy-Wood, now I'm seriously considering getting a 21* Cleveland XL HALO Hybrid that can go into rotation with my 22* 4-iron. 🤷‍♂️

Back