The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

The one I bought from a THP’er had a Blue in it already. I forgot the C Kua was indeed the stock offering

I feel like that would have been Amols? Though it could have been Tyno.

I feel like that would have been Amols? Though it could have been Tyno.

Maybe? Got mine from Pete or War, I can’t 100% remember.

Fed-Ex says my HyWood will arrive today…

Great review, love the look of this. That blue just kind of pops against the black.

Like I said in the UW thread, all this makes me want to break out my OG Wilson Fybrid for a round. That club might be considered the granddaddy of some of these new offerings.

Great review, love the look of this. That blue just kind of pops against the black.

Like I said in the UW thread, all this makes me want to break out my OG Wilson Fybrid for a round. That club might be considered the granddaddy of some of these new offerings.

There was a lot of talk of that Fybrid club when we were down at HQ. I still have the Fybrid 4h in my basement. That club was one of the easiest hyrbids ever for me to hit. It just kind of got overtaken by the speed these clubs produce today.

There was a lot of talk of that Fybrid club when we were down at HQ. I still have the Fybrid 4h in my basement. That club was one of the easiest hyrbids ever for me to hit. It just kind of got overtaken by the speed these clubs produce today.

Totally get that. I used it as a 5W back in the day. Today it *might* be in the ballpark distance-wise with 7W. And that’s no knock on it, as you said, clubs like the hy-wood are just more powerful. Tech’s changed a lot.

Totally get that. I used it as a 5W back in the day. Today it *might* be in the ballpark distance-wise with 7W. And that’s no knock on it, as you said, clubs like the hy-wood are just more powerful. Tech’s changed a lot.

it has, but it is kind of funny to see some more of these bridge clubs come rolling back out 10+ years later.

it has, but it is kind of funny to see some more of these bridge clubs come rolling back out 10+ years later.
It was definitely ahead of it’s time and a solid club.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't see any spycam video footage of @JDax sneaking into the Club Lab last night while JB is out on the road.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't see any spycam video footage of @JDax sneaking into the Club Lab last night while JB is out on the road.
Shots fired…literally

It was definitely ahead of it’s time and a solid club.

Years ago, I can remember reading an article where the premise was eventually we'd see hybrids take the place of fairway woods. They used an example of a 14 degree hybrid being the new 3W. Heck, I played an Adams 15* hybrid for a while, another I wished I kept.

Maybe the resurgence in these bridge clubs is finally what takes us down that road. Not saying it will or won't happen (might be a couple years away still anyway), but it's going to be fun to watch and see how this "new" category improves.

Years ago, I can remember reading an article where the premise was eventually we'd see hybrids take the place of fairway woods. They used an example of a 14 degree hybrid being the new 3W. Heck, I played an Adams 15* hybrid for a while, another I wished I kept.

Maybe the resurgence in these bridge clubs is finally what takes us down that road. Not saying it will or won't happen (might be a couple years away still anyway), but it's going to be fun to watch and see how this "new" category improves.

I wonder if another factor will be the perception of the 3-wood now compared to years ago. For a long time a D, 3, 5 was standard in every bag. IMO, very few amateurs feel really comfortable with a 3-wood off the deck. So it's really about what club do you feel can get you a longer distance than your longest club/hybrid from the deck.

The 18* hy-wood is fantastic. It makes me curious how a 15* would play. Putting it in 5-wood length shaft ~42.5 inches.

Wondering if anyone has compared this to G425 fairway max and/or G425 hybrids. Seems like it might be a middle ground option.

also, was there side-by-side pic done with the callaway UW?

The
Another club that comes to mind for me is the F6 baffler by Cobra. Another unicorn that wasn’t available in lefty 😢

B77247BE-1B9C-4E0A-90BC-C79530027BFC.jpeg
7BCC9F5B-B3FC-4DE3-AF37-086A988FDFA6.jpeg
Well Hello there…

I don't see any ball marks on the face yet. I'm confused.
It just came in… And I have to pull the head, it could be a second before it’s in the bag…

It just came in… And I have to pull the head, it could be a second before it’s in the bag…

Dude just try the stock shaft for a range session. What's the worst that happens, you still have to pull the shaft anyway? Come onnnnnnn.

Dan, Jeremy, James, and I all swing faster than you, and it held up just fine.

Dude just try the stock shaft for a range session. What's the worst that happens, you still have to pull the shaft anyway? Come onnnnnnn.

Ok I’ll hit it on the range tomorrow

Ok I’ll hit it on the range tomorrow

That's the spirit. It seriously had zero issue holding up. You make a good swing, it's going to perform just how you want and need it to.

I’m not sure that’s true by the way. And that was stuff flex his is regular

I’m not sure that’s true by the way. And that was stuff flex his is regular

It's definitely true. Didn't you know that club twirling adds at least a good couple MPH? It's science.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Back