Still haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, strongly considering the Spark. Really just need it a couple times a year for a few clients who want some aerial footage.

Best Buy has the white Spark for 100 off.

The Drone Thread

I’ve been wanting one for a while now. Just haven’t pulled the trigger.

Short story. My brother in law “a contractor” bought a mavic pro drone to use for roof inspections and on his farm. They were flying it at one of their job sites near a river. He flew it out over the river to get a view back towards the house that they were building when it went haywire. He never has figured out what went wrong, but it got stuck in place. Controls wouldn’t work. Home button wouldn’t work. Long story short it hovered there about 50 feet over the water until the battery died and you know what happened then. So he stood there and watched his $1000 drone descend down into the water. He took his shoes and pants off and headed in after it. He said it was in the water about 15 seconds. They took it apart and let it dry for a few days and now it works perfectly. They have now sent it off to have it checked out since it malfunctioned on him causing it to crash. Anyway. He took out an insurance policy in it now also

Just picked up a Parrot AR 2.0 on super clearance from best buy, gonna fly it in the high school gym today for family christmas, so far seems pretty easy and fun to fly!

Charged mine up, I think I'm gonna have it do a loop around the neighborhood tonight when everyone has their lights on.

This might be the coolest drone I've ever seen!

Russian Shotgun Drone!
[video=youtube;v5q--PYfs8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=204&v=v5q--PYfs8Q[/video]

Reviving this thread as I just bought the Costco dji mavic mini package. This is going to be fun!
1B10ED85-4D27-40DE-8D84-5E6D6EEF4B02.jpeg

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I had considered starting a side business to offer drone inspections and surveying in my local area (Portland, OR) Has anyone done this for themselves and has any advice to offer?

I just recently purchased a DJI mavic Air 2 drone. This thing is sweet! I can't wait to do a fly over of my course. Plus want to have it hover behind a par 3 green and watch the balls come flying in. Any one else recently get a drone? Or Have any of you played golf with one following you?

I got an awesome picture of my property from 100 feet up. This drone is so freaking cool. Talked to the golf course. They don't mind me bringing it as long as the course isn't packed and I don't cause slow play.

Anyone try to follow a golf ball with a drone? I'm not sure mine would do the job. But there are some out there that would.

I call my DJI Mavic Air 2 “Spidedrone”

0ac63773db2f0d94caff67a1dcc02097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve held off for a few years on getting a drone and I’ll likely pull the trigger on a Mavic Air 2 this spring. The prices have come down and I see a lot of uses for having one.

I’ve held off for a few years on getting a drone and I’ll likely pull the trigger on a Mavic Air 2 this spring. The prices have come down and I see a lot of uses for having one.

Mavic air 2 has an 11 mile range. Based off the battery. That is round trip. So 5.5 miles each way. I flew it to my moms house that is 4.5 miles away. Was almost dead when it got back home. In normal mode it will fly 25 mph in sport it does 46 mph. Has active track features. And auto return to take off point. This thing is sweet. I’ve had it 2 weeks now. Got the Fly more combo with extra batteries. Each battery last about 34 mins. Came with 3. That’s a decent amount of flight time. Can’t wait to have it follow me on my wave runner. And try out more of the other features once the weather is warmer. Will take it to the course too. Already got permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up some new toys for the classroom today. We got 10 DJI Tello drones. Students can program them to a ton of maneuvers including flying in a swarm of all 10. Pretty awesome, kids loved seeing them flying in the lab today. Super affordable and tough to break. 20210304_135404.jpg

Picked up some new toys for the classroom today. We got 10 DJI Tello drones. Students can program them to a ton of maneuvers including flying in a swarm of all 10. Pretty awesome, kids loved seeing them flying in the lab today. Super affordable and tough to break. View attachment 8996468

They are pretty durable for a flying object. The propeller guards are a must for kids. Hopefully you can get an awesome video of them flying in a swarm.

I have a Mavik 2 Zoom for work but they tell us and want us to use it for personal use as well to get a good feel for it. I love it, it is really sweet.

I have a Mavik 2 Zoom for work but they tell us and want us to use it for personal use as well to get a good feel for it. I love it, it is really sweet.

the 2Z is pretty sweet too. It was a toss up when I was looking but wanted the active track features. So that's why I purchased the MA2.

They are pretty durable for a flying object. The propeller guards are a must for kids. Hopefully you can get an awesome video of them flying in a swarm.
Yeah I was looking online and there are some creative options for the guards including full cages. I've been flying them in the classroom and in the hallways(when kids aren't there) getting a feel for them. My job is pretty great most of the time.

Such an old thread.

Guess everyone has moved on after the honeymoon or increased restrictions.

Have been looking at the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Seems like a lot of fun but a lot more limitations with the laws now.

Have an airport nearby and would need approval to even fly 100' up. Not sure I would really get a lot of use, but sure looks fun still.

Back