The Explanar Putting Mat Review

Great video @Sarzar! Have fun with that!

I am waiting for my Evnroll from club champion. Just got the email today that it made it through quality control and it's getting ready to be shipped. So until that comes, I am going to use either blazinden's Tri-Hot 5k two or Toulon Austin since they are similar specs as mine.
The Tri-Hot is soooo good. You might not want to give it back

Unboxing of the mat:

First thoughts:
  • Well packaged - struggled getting that shrink wrap off 😅
  • It's got some weight to it - very well made.
  • The rubber on the bottom is great so you don't have to worry about it slipping on hardwood.
  • Definitely laid flat right out of box - the only exception to this is the top end there is a slight lip from that part being rolled the smallest (pictured below). Luckily due to it being at the top end instead of the bottom, it shouldn't effect putting at all.
View attachment 9067900

View attachment 9067899

Love it. Those things look sooo good.

Unboxing of the mat:

First thoughts:
  • Well packaged - struggled getting that shrink wrap off 😅
  • It's got some weight to it - very well made.
  • The rubber on the bottom is great so you don't have to worry about it slipping on hardwood.
  • Definitely laid flat right out of box - the only exception to this is the top end there is a slight lip from that part being rolled the smallest (pictured below). Luckily due to it being at the top end instead of the bottom, it shouldn't effect putting at all.
View attachment 9067900

View attachment 9067899

Congrats on getting your mat! Mine had that little bump at the end for just a bit and it is gone now. Having all of the angles to put on is really nice. Enjoy it they are worth the money.

Alright guys, don't judge my putting, it's not the best (hence why I need the mat for practice). I have a lot of movement with these putters, but hopefully when I get mine soon, I'll be able to correct that a little more.
I'm pretty good up to 5' but need to practice the longer putts.

The putter with the red shaft is Tri-Hot & the black shaft is the Toulon.

Thoughts about mat:
  • Putts roll realistically
  • The different lines help with alignment whether your putting from the straight.
  • The lines help you see when your putter moves in your stroke & if position at impact is square or not.
  • Gives you the opportunity to practice in multiple ways. - i.e. rolling straight putts at same distance for x amount of times or changing up distance each putt, rolling multiple different angles putts at the same distance for x amount of times before moving to the next distance.
  • Could use something under to hole opening especially if you have the mat on a hard surface (I understand that puts the hole on a slight incline though)
  • Could use a backboard for the balls that go past the hole so they aren't scattered around (more hardwood floor problems)
Overall, happy with the mat so far and looking forward to testing different things out with it.

This is great stuff and the Putts will start dropping.

A PuttOut would be perfect on that hole. What the heck, let’s up the fun. You just got tapped! Send @GolferGal a PM with name and shipping address and we will send a PuttOUT to you.

Great videos and writeup today @Sarzar !

I was looking at the 10ft mat, but that 13ft looks really fun. I'll have to measure in the office to see if I can fit the 13.

I’m in the process of revamping my bike room and will be adding one of these matts when I’m finished. Looks like a perfect placeholder for my mirror and PuttOut.

A PuttOut would be perfect on that hole. What the heck, let’s up the fun. You just got tapped! Send @GolferGal a PM with name and shipping address and we will send a PuttOUT to you.
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!!!
I was looking into getting a PuttOUT as one of my next golf purchases.
You guys are literally too kind!

This is awesome stuff right here!!!

We are loving our putting mat. There are so many options and a lot of competition coming now that I have my new putter.
The first competition was posted in the PuttOut thread.

Question for those of you that use that mat & PuttOUT... Do you set up the PuttOut in front of the hole, behind the hole, or in the hole? And why?

I was trying to figure out if I liked it in front of the hole better, but it was also working pretty well in the hole.

I went in front and not sure on reason

So the circular base of the PuttOut fits almost perfectly into the hole of the mat.
I'll have to experiment more both ways and see which I like better.

I set mine in the hole. My mat is set up on a tile floor so that seems to work best

We are loving our putting mat. There are so many options and a lot of competition coming now that I have my new putter.
The first competition was posted in the PuttOut thread.

Question for those of you that use that mat & PuttOUT... Do you set up the PuttOut in front of the hole, behind the hole, or in the hole? And why?

I was trying to figure out if I liked it in front of the hole better, but it was also working pretty well in the hole.

In front. Before I moved my mat to a tighter space, I put the Putt Out on the logo. Straight putts one way & angled putts the other.

In front. Before I moved my mat to a tighter space, I put the Putt Out on the logo. Straight putts one way & angled putts the other.
Never thought to put it on the opposite side of the hole 🤔

I set mine in the hole. My mat is set up on a tile floor so that seems to work best
Mine is on hardwood so I feel like we experience the same issue with the ball continuing to roll right over the hole instead of having some resistance there from a carpet.

I thought The mat features various visual alignment aids to improve stroke consistency and directional control and pace.

I thought The mat features various visual alignment aids to improve stroke consistency and directional control and pace.
It does have a ton of alignment aids and it definitely helps with stroke consistency, control & pace. But that doesn't happen immediately. It takes practicing to figure out what works best for you and your putter swing.

@blazinden and I are doing a little putting competition tonight. We love that there are so many ways to set up for different challenges.

Video coming soon

Back