The Explanar Putting Mat Review

@blazinden just ordered the 13' mat for us today. Looking forward to trying it out and practicing my putting game (especially after having an awesome putter fitting today).

@blazinden just ordered the 13' mat for us today. Looking forward to trying it out and practicing my putting game (especially after having an awesome putter fitting today).
I assume you have this by now, what are your thoughts?

I assume you have this by now, what are your thoughts?
I wish I did have it by now! We don't know what's going on and haven't gotten any shipping updates since the order confirmation. Reached out to customer service via email a few days ago and haven't heard back.

I wish I did have it by now! We don't know what's going on and haven't gotten any shipping updates since the order confirmation. Reached out to customer service via email a few days ago and haven't heard back.
Where did you order from?

That is really disappointing to hear.

Ugh thats disappointing to hear then. Customer service needs to be better if you're dealing direct.
That is really disappointing to hear.
Yea, we're thinking their may be material issues but I'm planning on reaching out again at the beginning of next week when I get back from a long weekend trip.

Yea, we're thinking their may be material issues but I'm planning on reaching out again at the beginning of next week when I get back from a long weekend trip.

That is weird. Mine shipped pretty quickly. One thing I did notice... the email address for the confirmation was from an email I did not necessarily expect... maybe check your junk mail?

1643924297092.png

That is weird. Mine shipped pretty quickly. One thing I did notice... the email address for the confirmation was from an email I did not necessarily expect... maybe check your junk mail?

View attachment 9064773
Unfortunately no other emails. Checked spam & did a search. I just sent another email while waiting for my flight so hopefully this one gets a response. 🤞

Finally got a shipping confirmation today.
Hopefully have my mat by the end of the week and can start practicing.

That's awesome @Sarzar! I get jelly watching @GraniteRoost videos on another thread with his putting mat. You're going to love it!

I will put up some comments after using the 13 ft. version for a couple of weeks now. This is my first putting mat, so I have no other real points of comparison. In the past I have just used my basement carpet. I like it so far, and here are some of the high points:

• rubber backing material seems of good thickness and composition
  • laid flat very quickly coming out of the box... I've left it in position on the floor since
  • tons of visual reference cues to help with both alignment and putter stroke/path
  • Five built in practice lines - 3 center, and 1 each side, creates a lot of variation in ways to lie up with the mat and the hole.
  • I like the 1 ft increments and red spots on the RH and LH lines
  • carpet seems to roll about as advertised at 10.5 Stimp. It feels medium-fast to me, a good practice pace.
  • carpet rolls pretty true. My basement floor has some bump and wiggles to avoid but I have it pretty well dialed in. My LH and center line roll straight, and my RH line breaks left a little due to floor slope where it is positioned
So far I've gotten a lot of fun out of it and for the price, totally worth it.

I like what I see with these. Really like the different options and the angled putts is a great idea. very intriguing.

I like it - have used it for 5-6 months. Very reliable and consistent,

Mine just arrived last Friday. Very high quality and it rolled flat almost immediately. One thing I really like is having a regulation size hole at the end of the mat. The angle puts are nice to have also.
86762EC4-702C-43CB-AEE0-C94C864526FC.jpeg

Unboxing of the mat:

First thoughts:
  • Well packaged - struggled getting that shrink wrap off 😅
  • It's got some weight to it - very well made.
  • The rubber on the bottom is great so you don't have to worry about it slipping on hardwood.
  • Definitely laid flat right out of box - the only exception to this is the top end there is a slight lip from that part being rolled the smallest (pictured below). Luckily due to it being at the top end instead of the bottom, it shouldn't effect putting at all.
PXL_20220217_231849115.jpg

PXL_20220217_231925137.jpg

Unboxing of the mat:

First thoughts:
  • Well packaged - struggled getting that shrink wrap off 😅
  • It's got some weight to it - very well made.
  • The rubber on the bottom is great so you don't have to worry about it slipping on hardwood.
  • Definitely laid flat right out of box - the only exception to this is the top end there is a slight lip from that part being rolled the smallest (pictured below). Luckily due to it being at the top end instead of the bottom, it shouldn't effect putting at all.
View attachment 9067900

View attachment 9067899

This is really well done. Thanks for the video.
I didnt have the pop up on mine, but hopefully it goes flat for you.

What putter are you using on that thing?

What putter are you using on that thing?
I am waiting for my Evnroll from club champion. Just got the email today that it made it through quality control and it's getting ready to be shipped. So until that comes, I am going to use either blazinden's Tri-Hot 5k two or Toulon Austin since they are similar specs as mine.

Back