The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday i ordered a gainer supplement for the first time. Going to be interesting to see if it will help me with my issues. Plan is to take a gainer shake as a "meal" between lunch and dinner and add a few kcal to my diet as i currently only eat cottage cheese, eggwhites or quark to get protein as that "in between-meal".

While not all weight gainers are "bad" persay, you can make your own that will be just as effective for a fraction of the cost. Some examples of foods that you can use in your own weight gainer shake are peanut butter, oats, milk, fruit, protein powder (if desired), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc. Adding a packet of sugar free/fat free pudding can make it taste like a dessert as well.

While not all weight gainers are "bad" persay, you can make your own that will be just as effective for a fraction of the cost. Some examples of foods that you can use in your own weight gainer shake are peanut butter, oats, milk, fruit, protein powder (if desired), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc. Adding a packet of sugar free/fat free pudding can make it taste like a dessert as well.

I thought about peanut butter, but a good unsalted peanut butter is silly expensive here in Sweden. So at a cost of $1/serving (love the student discount) the gainer i ordered was worth a try and after reading the nutrition facts it sounded like a good alternative.

You're gonna be sorry you offered! :D Seriously, I'd like to get some advice as I think the diet is where I'm falling down.

No no, you are wrong there! As the old saying goes "the_paulo never falls down, he falls up and the rest try to follow"

I thought about peanut butter, but a good unsalted peanut butter is silly expensive here in Sweden. So at a cost of $1/serving (love the student discount) the gainer i ordered was worth a try and after reading the nutrition facts it sounded like a good alternative.

$1/serving is a lot cheaper than most here in the U.S. I've seen them as expensive as $3-$5 per serving which is IMO pretty steep to pay. Hopefully it works for you!

$1/serving is a lot cheaper than most here in the U.S. I've seen them as expensive as $3-$5 per serving which is IMO pretty steep to pay. Hopefully it works for you!

I would guess that is the normal price range here in Sweden to, but i got student discount on a sale which made it a bargain! Me too, looking forward to try it :)

No no, you are wrong there! As the old saying goes "the_paulo never falls down, he falls up and the rest try to follow"

haha, love it. I'm going to have to paint that on a wall somewhere. After I get it tattoo'd of course. :D

I'll be starting this in a couple of weeks:

That looks pretty good tgtt. I have never done any sort of kettlebell work.

Cookie, are you going to be following the diet that goes along with P90X this time? Are you planning on going the full 6 days out of 7?

Cookie, are you going to be following the diet that goes along with P90X this time? Are you planning on going the full 6 days out of 7?

Doubtful on the diet, I did not use it before and was pretty happy with the results. I already eat pretty clean as it is so the big thing will be making sure I get adequate protein intake. I rely on protein shakes, chicken, and tuna for that for the most part.

It will be the full 6 of 7 days program that I do. Have thought about switching it up and trying a different program for the sake of change but I already have everything I need for P90X.

Nice one. If your diet it already good, then that's got to be a great starting point.

Might be helpful for you to get the info from Schweitzer too, he's got a pretty sweet spreadsheet for tracking your intake of everything under the sun - just to make sure you get the best out of it.

I'd like to give P90X another go, with a better diet and supplement plan, but I just don't have the time in my life at this moment. I certainly have unfinished business with it though.

Thanks, I may reach out to him. It is definitely time consuming and very aggressive.

Thanks, I may reach out to him. It is definitely time consuming and very aggressive.

Makes you feel great when you get to the stage where you're enjoying the burn though! Good luck man, looking forward to following along with you.

It's about that time. Deadlifts for everyone! What a great ending to a Friday afternoon.

It's about that time. Deadlifts for everyone! What a great ending to a Friday afternoon.

Ah yes! The Deadlift. You've got to love it! Did 10 sets myself today :)

Ah yes! The Deadlift. You've got to love it! Did 10 sets myself today :)

Leaving for the gym now. It's going to be a heavy day for me. Looking at warming up with a couple sets of 10 and then possibly going 3x5 with a single or two thrown in at the end. Should be fun.

Leaving for the gym now. It's going to be a heavy day for me. Looking at warming up with a couple sets of 10 and then possibly going 3x5 with a single or two thrown in at the end. Should be fun.

Hit it hard lad

I'm sore this morning. Jumped in and did P90X chest and back last night since Cookie inspired me. That's a good workout with very little work on the weights.

I'm sore this morning. Jumped in and did P90X chest and back last night since Cookie inspired me. That's a good workout with very little work on the weights.

Nice man!! Well done. I am a bit sore this morning as well.

You guys should embrace throwing kegs, it's way more fun. Today is my last day of a two week cycle, and next Tuesday, I increase weight. It's always exciting and terrifying at the same time. What's cool is that when I started this program, my start weight on the flat bench was 135 lbs (45 plate on each side). Monday, my start weight will be 185lbs (45 & 25 plate on each side). I think that's pretty awesome. THe sky is the limit with this program.

Impressive progression man, good on you!

I am debating something else but I just got rid of my weight system so I could have a man room. So, I have a full set of dumbbells and a pull up station. Also have a curl bar and plates up to 25.

I may just look into doing a free weight program that does not require a bench.

Impressive progression man, good on you!

I am debating something else but I just got rid of my weight system so I could have a man room. So, I have a full set of dumbbells and a pull up station. Also have a curl bar and plates up to 25.

I may just look into doing a free weight program that does not require a bench.

I've seen some really cool programs that one can conduct with free weights on one of those exercise balls cookie. In fact, I do quite a few exercises at the pumphouse using free weights and an exercise ball. Weight lifting + core stability = awesomeness!

I will look into that. I actually use an exercise ball as my office chair and sit on it all day for my back. Might give me an advantage on the balance aspect! :)

I will look into that. I actually use an exercise ball as my office chair and sit on it all day for my back. Might give me an advantage on the balance aspect! :)

There's stuff all over youtube dude. Is it just not feasible for you to get to a gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back