The Golf Channel without the PGA Tour?

I wish someone else would broadcast pro golf and do it well.
Tell me what club they're using, why, how far they hit it, how far they have to go, and stop showing putting 70% of the time, and Shut Up.
And producers, if you can't/won't follow the flight of the ball, go to a different view or hole.
Get some announcers with something to say, or gag them. And get a grip. A 20 yd shot from a greenside bunker to 5 feet is not a great shot. Maybe for me it is.

The only time I watch the channel now is for Tour event coverage so losing that would find me out.

I don’t know - for other golf content, there are a lot more places for competition right now, including YouTube. I am not sure I watch Golf Channel content outside of events these days, but that’s just me.

I wish someone else would broadcast pro golf and do it well.
Tell me what club they're using, why, how far they hit it, how far they have to go, and stop showing putting 70% of the time, and Shut Up.
And producers, if you can't/won't follow the flight of the ball, go to a different view or hole.
Get some announcers with something to say, or gag them. And get a grip. A 20 yd shot from a greenside bunker to 5 feet is not a great shot. Maybe for me it is.

5 feet would put you at #1 on the PGA tour in terms of distance from a greenside bunker if you did it every time by the 2019 stats.

With regards to how far they have to hit, and what club, they pretty much do that. I don’t see how they can get into the head of the guy taking the swing to answer the “why” though.

I hope Golf Channel can find a way to continue providing coverage.
I'm personally not a fan of the mass-subscription model.
I second that. I’m calling it now. Cable goes under and in the future you must subscribe to anything you want to watch. $10/month. If you want 17 channels it’ll be 170/month. Plus Netflix amazon prime Hulu etc. it’ll all be pay to subscribe and I’m willing to bet if cable doesn’t change it’ll die.

I second that. I’m calling it now. Cable goes under and in the future you must subscribe to anything you want to watch. $10/month. If you want 17 channels it’ll be 170/month. Plus Netflix amazon prime Hulu etc. it’ll all be pay to subscribe and I’m willing to bet if cable doesn’t change it’ll die.
Yep. Cable needs to adapt or die for sure, but personally I still find the all in one package of cable TV quite convenient. I don't want to have to sign up for Golf TV and Golfpass and Golf Channel and NBC Sports etc etc just to watch Golf.

Everything I've read has said that GolfTV will not go for US TV rights, unless something has changed very recently.

For those that don't know, the PGA Tour is currently in negotiations with multiple entities to determine who has the rights to coverage in 2021 and beyond. They are doing it now to get ahead of the NFL, whose contracts are also up in 2021.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Thursday/Friday coverage eventually gets moved to a streaming service like ESPN+, or a streaming service gets alternate feeds that show even more than PGA TOUR Live does right now.

I like watching PGA Tour Live on my Amazon account.

I wouldn't watch Golf Channel if they lost Tour coverage. I watch LPGA coverage as well and only Champions Tour if I know the course.

Golf channel without golf is a lost cause. I have only had the Golf channel for the last year, so if they discontinue live golf, I won't miss watching the Golf channel. I'm not interested in streaming media at additional cost, either.

The ONLY reason I watch Golf Channel now is for tournament coverage. If that was gone, I'd never turn it there.

It would be like a car show without cars.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would not watch the Golf Channel without tour events. I hope that they don’t lose the rights.

Personally, I'd have next to zero use for the Golf Channel if they no longer carried tournament golf.

The only other things that may interest me are the very occasional Feherty show I'll catch and Playing Lessons From the Pro. Do they even do that still?

The other lessons and tips shows are useless, so much conflicting info and only a guess as to what may apply to me.

Exactly the same opinion here. to the letter.

Looks like we won’t have to find out.

Golf Channel should do a better job with its "Playing Through" coverage. It's golf- just come back from commercial and cut back on the standing around coverage and show the highlights of what happened while on break. They just put Tiger's tee shot on 18 on less than half the screen with no commentary because it happened during a "Playing Through" commercial.

The Golf Channel survived without tour golf previously, but since they have gone all in on the PGA Tour, do you think they could continue without it?
Sure but not like they are now. I mean I watch the channel a lot but half of that is the PGA Tour.

Im not worried about it. Even if they somehow lose PGA Tour coverage (highly unlikely, IMO), there still is Euro Tour, Champions Tour and LPGA.

Depends. If they kept the LPGA, European Tour and/or Champions Tour I'd probably tune in for some of those occasionally. But I don't watch the Golf Channel much for their other shows/features.

90% of what I watch on the Golf Channel is tour coverage. I'm watching it now this morning as I write this.

Is it possible to have less than no interest? If they lost the Tour, I’d drop the golf channel entirely.

I’d watch it a lot less if there was no PGA tour coverage. I’d still watch LPGA and if they got National & international amateur events and NCAA championships I’d watch those. I enjoy the Euro tour events that I can see live during early mornings too

Can't imagine watching the Golf Channel without tour events.

wish they'd not run their 3rd replay of the event until 9am on the weekends! I do enjoy Morning Drive, but am usually on the go by 9am ?

Am I the only one that like “Live from” at every Major & and any infomercial with Arron Overholser?

BE85690D-7975-437C-909C-CB6AD981A354.jpeg

I pretty much tune into the Golf Channel with a tour event is being televised. Not really sure I would click on it outside of those events.
As nice as it is when you have the option to watch Tin Cup or Legend of Bagger Vance. I like Golf Central and Morning Drive. I would drop the package if they got rid of Tour Golf.

Back