The GolfTEC Birdie Season Facebook Campaign

amollerud

Reaction score
Handicap
+1.8
We wanted to let all of the great people here at THP about a new Facebook campaign that GolfTEC is running from April 1 through May 15th. We will be giving away weekly prizes to our Facebook fans. We want you and your friends to be in on the action. So check it out and get out there and start hunting birdies!

How to get in:
To start, become a fan of GolfTEC's facebook page. From there you have to do 2 things. 1st get out on the course, set your sights on some birdies and get 1 (or 2 or 3). 2nd post your birdie to GolfTEC's wall. Now we clearly have no way to validate your birdies, but just like the game of golf, honesty is your responsibility.

How do I post my birdie?
Easy. Visit the GolfTEC Facebook page and post the following to our wall: Where you shot the birdie (course and hole) and how it happened (just like you would describe it to your buddies at the 19th hole).

An example: Birdie on #14 at Raccoon Creek. First, I absolutely crushed my drive straight down the pipe. Then I fired at the back right pin and knocked it stiff. With ice water in my veins I calmly stepped up and drained the 10-footer for birdie.

How do the prizes work?
Starting May 9, we will give away 2 prizes every Friday for 6 weeks. The first prize will be given to 1 GolfTEC Facebook fan. The second will be given to 1 GolfTEC fan who has posted a birdie to our wall. All winners will be selected at random each Friday and finally, to cap off the Birdie Season Campaign, 1 grand prize will be given to the "best birdie post" on Saturday May 15th.

What is the criteria for the best birdie post?
We are not sure yet. It is up to each of you. We are just going to read them all and choose the one that we think is the best. It could be painting a picture with words. It could be a funny picture or even a video clip. Our advice is simple: Get Creative!

If you have any questions please post them on our wall and we will get you the answers.

Now get out there, shoot some birdies and tell us about them.

Good luck THP members and happy hunting!

Cool contest by GolfTEC! Can you tell us what the prizes are?

Curious about that too Bonk. Would love to see a THP'er win some prizes!

A GolfTEC fitting and a set of irons of the winner's choice would be awesome!

I will do what I can to find out what the weekly prizes are and what the Grand Prize will be. The last I heard they were working on getting the prizes together.

I would love to see members of the THP family take home some prizes!!!

Great idea. I will be joining as soon as I get home. My office blocks FB and other Social Networking sites.

Great idea. I will be joining as soon as I get home. My office blocks FB and other Social Networking sites.

Same here, so I became a fan through my smartphone. :D

Birdies Contest has Launched

Birdies Contest has Launched

Hey THP members, I work at GolfTEC and just wanted to let everyone know that our Birdie Contest has officially launched. It should be a lot of fun so feel free to check out it out on our Facebook page.

Regarding prizes, all I'll say bonknhead just about nailed it: the grand prize for the Birdie Contest is a custom set of Mizuno MX-300 irons. There are other prizes up for grabs such as Golfsmith cash cards.

I'd expect all you THP'ers to be firing birdies left and right so I see no reason why a THP member wouldn't win the iron set. :)

Good luck to any of you that participate.

I'm in Peter, thanks. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for letting us know Andy.

Hey THP members, I work at GolfTEC and just wanted to let everyone know that our Birdie Contest has officially launched. It should be a lot of fun so feel free to check out it out on our Facebook page.

Regarding prizes, all I'll say bonknhead just about nailed it: the grand prize for the Birdie Contest is a custom set of Mizuno MX-300 irons. There are other prizes up for grabs such as Golfsmith cash cards.

I'd expect all you THP'ers to be firing birdies left and right so I see no reason why a THP member wouldn't win the iron set. :)

Good luck to any of you that participate.

Sounds like a great contest Peter. Thanks for the update!

Peter I see that is your first post. Welcome to THP. You will really enjoy the people here and the team that runs this site are wonderful. Welcome and enjoy.

Great prize and we would love to see it go to a THP'er. Good luck everybody.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that GolfTEC has picked the finalists for the prizes. Anyone who got into this will want to check out the GolfTEC facebook page. Voting is going on right now. I would love to see a THP member win the new mizuno irons. Good luck and stop by the site and cast your vote for the best birdie story.

I didn't get to see this until now, but its okay because I haven't had any birdies in a very very very long time :)

Back