CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip, Fitting and More

Good luck everyone! It is remarkable that this kind of opportunity is even available this year. It is actually remarkable in any year, more so by magnitudes this year. Thank you to Callaway and THP. I certainly enjoy tossing my hat in the ring and having a moment to dream what if ... pretty darn awesome. All expenses paid? Full set of new clubs? And most importantly access to the people at Callaway while sharing an experience with other THPers? Effing yeah! (y)

Almost there to complete the team... this will be a great ride for someone. Good luck everyone and a huge thank you for THP and Callaway to put this together

Official Entry:

The recent research I've done brought me to the Mavrik Pro's and the Apex's. I've hit the Pro's on a simulator and was very impressed, and from what I’ve read on here the Apex’s are incredible and were my #1 fitting on Callaway's website. Would love to find out in person 😉

Last edited:
The stream with DNevs was some good info about the new line. You know that anytime he is talking, you're going to learn something.

My favorite Callaway irons must be my current set of Big Bertha (2019). Back in the day, I had a set of the XHot2 irons and those were my favorite until I got these Berthas. Being a higher handicapper, sometimes I need the help and these provide it!

I play the 2019 Apex Forger irons. They are a beautiful set of irons that fit my eye and have incredible forgiveness. For a club in the player’s distance category, they are incredibly consistent on yardages compared to the others in the category. They would fit a large variety of players from the low single digit to bogey golfers.

I'm pretty shocked we're not 12 pages deep in entries.

Entry: My favorite Callaway irons of all time were the Steelhead XR Pros. Very little offset, long, and very forgiving.

I do think this is locking up soon; so get those last minute entries in! Guessing a lot of folks are still pondering their favorite Callaway irons but the clock is ticking

I have been playing Wishon irons for the past couple of years. I recently changed my driver to a Calloway Epic Flash. That has been a big improvement for me as far as distance. As an engineer the AI designed face is way cool and I just had to have one. Perhaps Calloway irons are my next upgrade.

I've only hit some on the range, but those 2019 Apex Pros! The look and feel are amazing, the forgiveness and distance were superb, without giving up the ability to work the ball both ways. Love. Sign me up!

Out of all the Callaway irons, my favorites were the Apex CF16 series. They were built for a player who has good skill but wants the forgiveness of a game improvement iron. I tested them and unfortunately went a different direction but always thought they were a great set.

I'm all about the Apex 19 combo. Does everything well. As a good golfer, but a not young one, I take speed where I can get it, but not at the expense of control and versatility. That set just never fails to meet my expectations. Especially with scoring. :D

Been trying to figure out whether to enter or not without knowing the exact dates. Ultimately couldn't miss a chance at something this awesome, but if it's scheduled within a few days either side of the 5th, I'd have to be scratched from entry. Thanks. Just can't miss my wife's birthday trip for something golf related and stay happily married.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm all about the Apex 19 combo. Does everything well. As a good golfer, but a not young one, I take speed where I can get it, but not at the expense of control and versatility. That set just never fails to meet my expectations. Especially with scoring. :D

Been trying to figure out whether to enter or not without knowing the exact dates. Ultimately couldn't miss a chance at something this awesome, but if it's scheduled within a few days either side of the 5th, I'd have to be scratched from entry. Thanks. Just can't miss my wife's birthday trip for something golf related and stay happily married.

Good luck to everyone!
Have to laugh at this, I've been hesitant to enter as well as my wife's birthday falls on the 4th. I also decided it's a risk worth taking :ROFLMAO:

Good luck to everyone!
I think she would understand! It is a once in a lifetime trip and I am guessing would get a very nice birthday present from California!

Apex Pros.
As a player who has had a love affair with forged clubs i would have to choose these.
Feel, control, distance all in a compact and gorgeous head design. Callaway has been synonymous with cutting edge designs and think outside the box in AI assisted engineering.
These Apex have been under constant evolution to the form they are today. Precision golf with just enough forgiveness for a mortal golfer.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I think she would understand! It is a once in a lifetime trip and I am guessing would get a very nice birthday present from California!
Haha Yes, but one of those things where just because someone might say it's okay, doesn't mean it really is or that you should. Birthdays are uniquely important to her, and she's more important to me. (y)

Cannot wait to see who will be joining us.

Good luck all!

ENTRY:

My favorite Callaway irons were the original Apex. Launched high, fast ball speeds, forgiving as all get out and had looks that could kill. Oh and they sounded/felt amazing. Not sure why I ever went away from them.... except it was to get the next Apex release.

x-tour.jpg
Official Entry
This was the first iron set that I kept longer than a year. I loved the way it set in my hands and the way the face framed the ball. I prefer forgings and I really loved this set. Callaway just seems to find a place in my bag.

Going to be a blast whoever it is! It may even be the APEX ;) of their life!

Back