CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip, Fitting and More

Official Entry: Never had a set of Callaway irons but going thru the Callaway online fitter they chose the new Big Bertha B21 irons as perfect for me. As a mid/high HDCP I'm looking for forgiveness and distance control and these seem to be built for a golfer like me!
Good Luck everyone!

Official Entry:

I'm in love with the MAVRIK Pros! Ok, so I haven't played them. But the raves about distance control, the thinner topline, and increased workability would have me firing so many darts at the pin, I'm pretty certain that I'd turn into golf's version of Michael Van Gerwen (below)!

Thanks for the opportunity, getting into the Grandmama would be the incredibly rare bright spot for 2020!

My Entry:
Not much experience with Callaway irons, the selector tool says Apex-19, so I’d go with them. I don’t know if I could go away from forged irons, so the Apex-19 irons fill that bill, and with some great sounding tech behind them too. Looks, feel, and forgiveness, everything I need!

Last edited:
Callaway X-14 steelhead’s, these irons are very forgiving and straight. You could hit these irons from anywhere, they have a wide sole and getting the ball in the air was too easy. I considered these game improvement irons with exceptional distance and mis-hits still felt like solid shots.

Entry:

Callaway Hawkeye's were my first ever set of irons. Callaway holds a special place in my heart for this as it got my into the game. In today's world, I would have to go with the Apex Pro's. Beautiful set that really fit my eye.

Thanks THP!

Boo yah! Contest time, good luck everyone!

Official!!!..​

The Callaway iron that still makes me shiver (in a good way)when I see it. The Callaway Proto MB.

1598538029791.png
This irons, is still such an amazing iron and can stand toe to toe with any forged MB out there. Borrowing some elements from another classic, the Ben Hogan Apex channel back.

For maybe the first time, the term forgiving was attached to an iron that was also called a muscle back..

1598538176438.png

This iron is what solidly pushed Callaway to the head of the pack in the forged players iron space.

I would put this iron in my bag RIGHT NOW!!

Last edited:
Callaway S2H2 irons (early 90’s) were like no other irons on the market. Bore-through shaft, sweet looking cast clubhead, high launch...30 years later, and I still love those irons!! Why mention those? Well, the new Big Bertha irons remind me of those past beauties!

The answer for me is the '19 Apex irons. They are the perfect blend of looks, distance, forgiveness and playability, and they pack a wallop of technology in a small package. My handicap has dropped 5 points with them in the bag. My GIR's are way up. What more could anyone ever want from an iron? (this is not an entry but I love these irons too much not to brag on them).

Thanks for the opportunity!

My current combo set are amazing, but I would go with the X-Forged irons. From their design and aesthetics, they have the size I like to see with my irons. I would welcome the challenge to clean up my iron game and have these in the bag.

The 2015 Big Bertha were my favorites that I have ownded. They were forgiveable, long and while they had a pretty wide sole I didn't have any problems playing them. I really liked the color scheme on them as well.

For me it would be the 19 Apex Pros in the scoring irons and then possibly the standard apex in the longer irons for more forgiveness. These have been a strong ponder every since I hit the demo iron. The size, shape, and feel are exactly what I like.

Good luck everyone!

I love the Mavrik Pros. They’re small enough in profile to give me confidence and allow me to believe I am a good golfer. The forgiveness from the Flash Face Cup technolog and the Tungsten Energy Core to make up for the fact that I am not a good golfer.

Official Entry:

Big Bertha Fusion irons were the first irons I bought myself. Not borrowed or inherited, these were MINE. I loved playing them because of their performance, looks, and forgiveness (I still play forgiving irons). They outperformed everything I previously used. These are special to me because they were my first!

irons-erc-fusion___2.png

Using the Callaway Mavrik Max Driver, my favorite iron setup would be a combo set of Mavrik Max/Standard Irons. Mavrik Max in the higher 5-7 irons for launch and Standard in 9-AW for feel. The alignment lines, AI designed heads, off-set, sound, and premium look are exactly what I desire.

My favorite all time Callaway irons were the OG Apex irons. Those were the first Callaway irons I owned, and I haven't switched since. They were perfect for me, forgiving on the bottom groove, and well struck shots just felt so good.

I still love my Apex CF16's. They're a prefect blend of distance and forgiveness that I need. They're compact but still offer confidence standing over your shot. Plus the satin finish is beautiful and aside from some bag chatter, still looks great after a couple seasons.

Good luck, some great entries in here. Whomever goes, the inaugural Gradmama is going to be a fantastic ride!

Callaway Apex CF19 Forged are my favorite irons and it's not close. They are softer and longer than my CF16's. I was playing with graphite shafts due to tennis elbow issues, but the steel Elevate 95 shafts with vibration dampening technology (VSS) in the CF19's are amazing. Zero elbow issues!

Official Entry:

Apex pro. Performed well in a CC fit but I ended up buying AP2s. I could write some well thought out response, but won't likely get picked anyway. I can say, I would love to be convinced, learn a ton, rep the forum with grace, and, crush my reviews.

Oh man awesome @Wildcat4life this contest is made for you! He is Callaway’s biggest fan!!

Unfortunately, I have never tried a Callaway iron so my favourite is purely based on a pleasing aesthetic. It’s the Apex MB at the top of my list - even though I would struggle something fierce if I tried to game them. They are just gorgeous to look at; clean and refined.

Ok, I have to throw my name in the hat for this one. Thanks for the opportunity!

Official entry: Given my current iron rut, I'm going with the Mavrik Max for maximum forgiveness in a sleek, beautiful package. I feel like the larger clubhead will give a confidence boost when addressing the ball, something that is completely lacking (confidence) from my game right now.

Entry:

Since I'm a pushover for "standard" lofts and forged clubs, I'm going with the Apex Pro. A bit of cavity back-ness for forgiveness and quirky looks.

Last edited:
Back