The Graphite Challenge is Coming in 2019

Glad the video was in the OP and some interesting nuggets were dropped.

Looking forward to UST and THP partnering up for the graphite challenge next year.

I definitely enjoyed the recoils I had in my irons last year, and would swap to smacwrap without hesitation. I mean... graphite is terrible, prove me wrong :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds awesome. I love seeing the continued close partnership with Danny and crew.

I will go back to steel just so I can be reconvinced on how awesome Recoils are. :D

Haha... Would be wonderful but don't see it happening for me. Haven't seen anything remotely close unfortunately for this mess of a golfer. Sounds awesome though!

I think if I could choose one event for 2019 it would be this

The Shaft Ups events this year have been great to follow! Can’t wait to see what they in store for 2019!

I have never tried graphite in my irons before. I am intrigued.

This will be an eye-opening event I bet. Great idea, hats off to UST and THP, another innovative idea put into action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is interesting as we have not said anything about irons or the event at all. Fun assumption hahaha

Shaft up is coming back and a new event, the graphite challenge. Did I hear that correctly?

I am in. Who else thinks they are up to the Challenge?

With a 95 mph swing speed, I am already pretty sure that steel is not right for me in irons LOL!!!

The old school whippy senior shafts were one thing, but with the weighting and the ability to manipulate the flex anyway they want nowadays, it's hard to believe they don't have a graphite shaft out there for me.

What is interesting as we have not said anything about irons or the event at all. Fun assumption hahaha

Wait, are they going to prove to us that we should go back to steel shafts in our driver??? LOL!!!

Hmmm...sounds awesome!

Love the teaser… Assuming it's about graphite iron shafts I love that other companies like KBS are getting into the game. I'm really interested in seeing manufacturers push each other in this category and giving it another try.

Love the teaser… Assuming it's about graphite iron shafts I love that other companies like KBS are getting into the game. I'm really interested in seeing manufacturers push each other in this category and giving it another try.

Fwiw, I’ve tried the KBS TGI and while good, I prefer the livelier feeling of the Smacwraps. Definitely a graphite iron shaft for just about everyone nowadays.

I'm intrigued on what the "graphite challenge" could be. I know when UST and THP team up it's usually great, so looking forward to hearing more here. I've enjoyed the UST shafts I have played in a set of irons, but haven't used much in the way of their wood shafts though I have liked them when playing out of @OITW's bag though.

If it is steel v. graphite in irons, it's something I'm interested in as I've gone back and forth on my thoughts on this and I'm not sure where I stand.

The Graphite Challenge is Coming in 2019

I asked for advantages not the lack of a disadvantage. So, given that you said there is no disadvantage, but didn't cite an advantage, am I to assume they're equal?

I tested the recoil smacwraps directly against the nippon ds95gh (I think) shafts. There was absolutely no difference between the 2 for me. Strike, spin, launch, all pretty much identical. That all being said, I plumped for the graphite shafts and am very happy.
I would say there is very little advantage or disadvantage to either (which you couldn’t say that long ago). Just my personal opinion from my own experiences.

Last edited:
Interesting always wondered how graphite iron shafts would affect my game. Going to be a fun follow hopefully we will see some converts!

Very interested. After seeing Sneds win on tour with graphite shafts my curiosity has increased. Not that I want to dump my Nippons. But a side by side comparison would be neat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This site never stops surprising me with good stuff! We dont even know all that this entails and I'm still excited about it lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep, I’m interested. Everything else has gone away from steel, so why not golf shafts... I’ll be trying some first chance I get.

For those question a graphite material for shafts I get it. But these Recoils are the real deal. And no I’m not just saying that because I’ve been to two Shaft up events and I game them. They are so soft yet so stable. I absolutely love them. Before I got them I had been PMing Big SoIL and others members about them and they couldn’t stop with the positive feedback. So he took the plunge and I’m really not sure I’ll go back.

Get in this event guys....don’t sell yourself short

For those question a graphite material for shafts I get it. But these Recoils are the real deal. And no I’m not just saying that because I’ve been to two Shaft up events and I game them. They are so soft yet so stable. I absolutely love them. Before I got them I had been PMing Big SoIL and others members about them and they couldn’t stop with the positive feedback. So he took the plunge and I’m really not sure I’ll go back.

Get in this event guys....don’t sell yourself short
I was intrigued before, but if @2bfast swears by them, I'm definitely in. I'm interested to see how this one shakes out!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We work on the wrap around schedule here.

Wrap around like, SmacWrap

Back