The Guitar Appreciation Thread

Ready to go to local shop for setup and wiring. She's a chunky beast(9.5lbs and that's AFTER the belly cut!) but I'm really happy with how it came out. Can't wait to get it back and plug it up!

20230612_175216.jpg

Ready to go to local shop for setup and wiring. She's a chunky beast(9.5lbs and that's AFTER the belly cut!) but I'm really happy with how it came out. Can't wait to get it back and plug it up!

View attachment 9185951

that is STUNNING

Got around to snapping some pics of what I have here. When I go back to the states this summer, I'm hoping to get a few shots of the rest.

Starting with the long awaited Jaguar...

Guitars-1.jpg

Got around to snapping some pics of what I have here. When I go back to the states this summer, I'm hoping to get a few shots of the rest.

Guitars-1.jpg
That might be one of the best I've ever seen. That is gorgeous.

Guitars-1.jpg
That Jag is purty!

That might be one of the best I've ever seen. That is gorgeous.

That Jag is purty!

Thanks, it's not perfect. It needs a re-fret, which I'll take care of this summer, and it has a small chunk taken out of the fret board underneath the 5th. It doesn't affect play, but when you see it, it's a bit ghastly.

I may have it re-slabbed, and go with MoP block inlays, which I think would be icing on the cake.

My last post on the tele build. If you want to hear it sing, the tech who set it up and chased the gremlins for me can play!

My last post on the tele build. If you want to hear it sing, the tech who set it up and chased the gremlins for me can play!

Sounds great, and he's getting some nice pinch harmonics out of that single coil bridge pickup!

Some of my girls up close.
1st is a Schecter C1 SLSwith active pups. Specked out machine!
1688341019538.jpeg
Charvel with a sandblasted finish. Really cool super Strat.
1688341053789.jpeg
PRS SE - Hits way above its weight class

1688341099369.jpeg

One of my Tele’s. (Love Tele’s) Another sandblasted finish which I find really cool and interesting
1688341316728.jpeg
My one and only Strat with Lace Sensor Golds. Sounds awesome!
1688341501704.jpeg
And an 2006 Ibanez ARC that I’ve done some modding to…Seymore Duncan Pearly Gates, electronics and knobs. A rock machine, plays like a dream and a fav. of mine.
1688341677714.jpeg

Last edited:
I was a guitar junkie before I was a golf addict.
I started playing when I was 14 amd Im 50 now.
At one point I had over 20 guitars, none where super special but all guitars I thought were cool or had a specific purpose.
Once I had kids my collection dwindled to one or 2 at a time.
Recently I have bought a few but again nothing super special just stuff I like.
I have a Taylor electric acoustic for folk and bluegrass, a Schecter electric for metal, a Fender Squire players edition for blues and rock, and an short Ibanez bass.
All great guitars.20230702_170719.jpg

Last edited:
I was a guitar junkie before I was a golf addict.
I started playing when I was 14 amd Im 50 now.
At one point I had over 20 guitars, none where super special but all guitars I thought were cool or had a specific purpose.
Once I had kids my collection dwindled to one or 2 at a time.
Recently I have bought a few but again nothing super special just stuff I like.
I have a Taylor electric acoustic for folk and bluegrass, a Schecter electric for metal, a Fender Squire players edition for blues and rock, and an short Ibanez bass.
All great guitars.View attachment 9190176
Why are they all backwards?

Nice little collection there! I also love Reverend - they are made in Korea and the brought stateside for setup and inspection. Cool designs too.

That being said, if it’s in your price range, that Hollowbody II is a hell of a lot more guitar than any you listed imo.

Following up.... I'm interested to hear your favorite Reverend models - have you played any? I was checking them out, and considering something P90-ish. Jetstream, Warhawk, Charger all are pretty unique designs.

Here's a quick little video of me with my Gretsch 5122 hollowbody, and new Ernie Ball strings.

Back