The Guitar Appreciation Thread

Just added a Supro Delta King 10 amp to the collection. Totally blown away by its 6V6 tube goodness sound at mancave volumes. Handles single coils and humbuckers equally well. Highly recommended.

I
All this talk about Squier makes me want to pick up a Pro Tone Strat from the mid 90s. I remember when they came out in 1996, I saw them at the local shop. They're gorgeous - and now very hard to find.

This is the fat strat variant, and I want it.
View attachment 9167519
I found one of these for sale. Do I buy it? I buy it right?

Jaguar arrived this morning. Looks good. Needs to be cleaned up and re-strung. I'm on my way out the door to the airport, so no pics til I get back in a couple of weeks.

Just added a Supro Delta King 10 amp to the collection. Totally blown away by its 6V6 tube goodness sound at mancave volumes. Handles single coils and humbuckers equally well. Highly recommended.
Oooooohhhh!! I'm a small watt/high quality amp fanboi. If I had the funds, I'd have an entire basement filled with 10-and-less watters of super high quality. Savage Macht 6, Carr Mercury, Supros, Cornfords, Victorias,....yum yum yum.

Damnit, I can't live vicariously through you with this hesitation! 🤣
Yeah, this is a glaring chink in the armor for El Bandito. This hesitation will not stand!! The power of Mascis compels you!
1680780123301.png

I know... I need to take some pics. I'll try to get to that soon.

For now, check this out.

Not exactly my style, but 2800 pieces of hand laid mother of pearl. Stunning!

My first tele build is underway. 20230525_074201.jpg20230525_074209.jpg

Guitars.Wall.2021.jpg

My Dr. suggested that I try to learn something new like a language or musical instrument for dementia prevention. (both my parents died from it) So I decided to try to learn to play guitar. About 3 weeks in now and the fingers are starting to toughen up some and obey what my brain is telling them to do. Below is a picture of what I went with. It is a PRS SE 24 Standard.

20230430_132918.jpg

That's a great start! Can't quite tell from the pic, did you cut a forearm contour into the top of the body?
I didn't, but after using my new rasp on the belly cut.. I'm seriously considering it. The reason I chose not to initially was, I put a 3/8"maple cap on a block of ash and I didn't want to see that separation line.. or a weird glue void. But after the kid who machined it messed up my bookmatch line(which is why there is a walnut strip in the middle) almost anything goes.. 😆

20230608_144020.jpgA little update on my tele project! 20230608_144020.jpg20230608_144001.jpg

I, completely by accident, bought another Stratocaster this evening.....Seriously, I had no idea
I SO hate it when that happens! :LOL: Let's see this new acquisition!

I SO hate it when that happens! :LOL: Let's see this new acquisition!
It really was an accident. I bid on it a few days ago, thinking it would go way higher that what I bid. Oops.

I won't have it for a few months, it's coming from Japan, and I'm having it sent to my place in the states

MIJ ST57 - I'll replace the white pick guard with a mint green.

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 10.02.32 AM.png

Last test fit before clear coating and wiring. Really looking forward to hearing this one!20230611_174654.jpg

Back