The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
===== QUOTE Golf Chick ====

Its a sony bravia hx7 46inch! Its up and running now but the cable guy has an appt with us tomorrow between 4 and 6 to hook up our hd box and the hd channels! I'm off to the mall to check out sunglasses to wear to golf! Then its off to play 9!

===== /QUOTE ====

That's an LCD right? Enjoy!

Yup! Its an LCD :smile:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Right on GC! Sony makes some quality TV's, we have a Sony 46" upstairs but now its in storage because we have too many bigscreen TV's. We don't know what to do with it. Right now we have a 52" Samsung upstairs that we just got and a 40" samsung downstairs as well.

The new one we just got is almost paper thin (to be exact I'd say about the thickness of 2 and a half macbooks stacked up)

We got a great deal from Costco with a rebate!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

+1 haha

Wow, for the girl that went on that credit card rant just last month, you sure do love to shop. hehe

You'll love that Sony Bravia LCD GC. We've had ours for about a year and a half, and it's performed flawlessly. Got ours from Costco too.

personally I'm a Toshiba and Samsung guy myself....

Personally, I'm a Mitsubishi fan, but this Sony has been working great, and its pic is terrific. We used to have three Mitsubishi TVs - a 55" projection and two big tubes, but now the only Mits is the projection (that thing is old but a good performer), and Sony and Visio LCDs.

personally I'm a Toshiba and Samsung guy myself....

I have been pretty impressed with my Samsung DLP but I bought a 42 Panasonic Plasma a few years ago for the bedroom and am just as impressed. I am also impressed with a tennis ball and a belly rub. I am a simple man.

Ellie? Is that you? lol
I have been pretty impressed with my Samsung DLP but I bought a 42 Panasonic Plasma a few years ago for the bedroom and am just as impressed. I am also impressed with a tennis ball and a belly rub. I am a simple man.

was that gasman or gasdog on that last post? :D

I mentioned in another thread that we had a leak coming from the plumber's pipe on the roof when we had all that rain a couple weeks ago. I called a roofing company out to see if they could fix it and they said we had a lot of hail damage up there. He did a quick fix on the pipe, which hasn't leaked since, by the way. I call my insurance company and they send a guy out who agrees with this roofing company (and, as it turns out, it is one of the companies on their approved list, and they call them out when they aren't able to decide if it's damaged enough).

Anyway, I get my check for the roof (minus the deductible) from the insurance company today. We had already set up the work with the roofers last week, and I got a call from them today saying we are a week to ten days out on our roof being worked on. So between Monday and Thursday next week, I'll have a brand new roof. Which is good, since I'm trying to sell this place and a new roof definitely won't hurt! They are also replacing the two turbines that were installed in 1984 with new vents and insurance is paying for that too. It still costs a thousand bucks that wasn't expected, but it's better than five grand!

Yay for me!

I'm done taking apart and cleaning my big as WOLF range and hood fan. Ooooh, shiny.

Kevin

Pizza on the grill is SO good....crispy/crunchy goodness

3 local bands in the park and BYOB. Life is good, but it gets better. 3 local bands at the brew pub after this.

free Cinemax on Fios

I'm done taking apart and cleaning my big as WOLF range and hood fan. Ooooh, shiny.

Kevin

You know how to make me jealous Kevin.

Homeowner HHJJ: I got tired of looking at all the moss on my driveway. It's been a particularly wet Oregon Winter, so I decided to roll out the power washer. I got this Craftsman power washer for Father's Day about 8 years ago and used it maybe three times. The last time it was used was by my brother-in-law - who has a habit of breaking things - about two years ago. I filled it with gas, attached the water hose, turned on the water and tried to start it up.

It started with the first pull! I was amazed. I spent two hours blowing all the moss off the driveway, and then sweeping the chunks up and and putting them into the lawn recycling bin. Productive day.

This is two nights in a row JB has made dinner. He is an excellent cook and I am very excited to try the dish he is making tonight.

Golf green shaped pancakes? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back