The Home Renovation Thread

Couple summer projects this year. Bought some cabinet paint to help our dated kitchen look less dated. Going with navy on the lowers and a light gray for the uppers. Also bought the last 20 cases HD had of our new flooring. Have to order 30 more to do our whole first floor.

IMG_2825.jpeg

You can see why it needed upgrading 🤣

Next project on deck is to tear down the plastic paneling under the front porch and install wood like I did out back then it’s redo the pantry. Tempted to knock a wall down an make it bigger.

Started with the island this morning. Cleaned it, sanded it, and applied primer. I’ll add the navy this afternoon. No going back now

IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2831.jpeg

Couple summer projects this year. Bought some cabinet paint to help our dated kitchen look less dated. Going with navy on the lowers and a light gray for the uppers. Also bought the last 20 cases HD had of our new flooring. Have to order 30 more to do our whole first floor.

View attachment 9251497

You can see why it needed upgrading 🤣
How old is the original linoleum? Just had mine tested for asbestos as i was debating as to pulling it up or covering it with vinyl plank. Well it tested positive so I will not be removing it :LOL:

How old is the original linoleum? Just had mine tested for asbestos as i was debating as to pulling it up or covering it with vinyl plank. Well it tested positive so I will not be removing it :LOL:
I'm guessing it's original from 2000. Pulled part of it up already when we re-did the half bath. It will get pulled up when we do the flooring next month

Before...
20240303_130301.jpg

After...
20240326_171153.jpg

Drywall is such an art.
It truly is. Two guys did in a half a day what it would have taken me a month and with better results.

Trying to find a concrete guy is going to be fun. Builder had a guy he normally uses come out for a quote. half the work my FIL had done 2 years ago and almost double the prices. Sorry, not happening lol. On to find some more on my own. Heck, I am planning on removing all the old concrete. All the concrete people will have to do is frame, level and pour.

All doors came in today with the exception of the french doors, BUT Lowes ordered the front door the wrong direction to open, so builder is having to buy a new frame to fix the issue so we don't have to wait another month for the door. So rest of windows and outside doors will be put in this week.

All doors came in today with the exception of the french doors, BUT Lowes ordered the front door the wrong direction to open, so builder is having to buy a new frame to fix the issue so we don't have to wait another month for the door. So rest of windows and outside doors will be put in this week.
Update. Builder can't fix the frame so having to return and reorder. Now to wait another 5-6 weeks on the front door...UGH

It truly is. Two guys did in a half a day what it would have taken me a month and with better results.
It's pretty unreal watching people that know what they're doing and have the right equipment do it.
Trying to find a concrete guy is going to be fun. Builder had a guy he normally uses come out for a quote. half the work my FIL had done 2 years ago and almost double the prices. Sorry, not happening lol. On to find some more on my own. Heck, I am planning on removing all the old concrete. All the concrete people will have to do is frame, level and pour.
Driveway?

Ours is still just gravel because the estimates we got were so outrageous. We have a fairly long one though.
I'm going to get a couple more quotes and see what will happen. I will be paying cash so a lot of times people will knock some off of the price for handing cash to them, plus doing all the removal of the old stuff.

The island is coming along nicely. Needs 1 more coat I think

267BA296-E9E8-4CD6-98DC-4A34B25B653F.jpeg

The lower bar section is next up but it dropped back in to the 40s today so it’ll have to wait until I can have the windows open

IMG_2828.jpeg

Update. Builder can't fix the frame so having to return and reorder. Now to wait another 5-6 weeks on the front door...UGH
Builder called me last night. He found our door we wanted at another place other than Lowe’s and will be here next week. He has to paint it, but he was already planning to paint the one that was ordered wrong from Lowe’s bc the color wasn’t really black like we wanted. And French doors will also be here next week as well, so we should be completely sealed come next week. Plumbing inspection is today. Siding and guttering will be done next week. All ducting and under the house HVAC will be finished by tomorrow. Electrical is taking longer than expected but should be done next week. And front porch will be done early next week before they do the siding on the front porch.

Field line going in and inspector is supposed to get down here today to inspect!
IMG_9419.jpeg

You don’t need that much space. Everyone needs more pantry.
You are absolutely correct. Have you and my wife been chatting?

Windows, windows, windows....Anyone replace their own windows before?!? Got a quote from home depot services to replace five windows for $8500. F that. The windows themselves are $400-500 each

Next project on deck is to tear down the plastic paneling under the front porch and install wood like I did out back then it’s redo the pantry. Tempted to knock a wall down an make it bigger.
Hidden Pantries are cool too.

Back