The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Our house is officially listed as of Saturday! Now let's find a buyer...and a new house.

Sold our house, have to move out at the end of June. Got lucky and sold it to a co worker without a realtor.

Wife and I are going to live with my mom while we build. Already purchased a 90 x 150 lot to build on in same town we currently live in. We have chose a builder and had several meetings with him. Plan is to start build in late July.

I heard Raleigh is nice. Hmmmm

Not now but maybe soon. Family issues and NJ just sucking has been taking its toll on me. Time to do something for me and my family so we can be happy.

Not now but maybe soon. Family issues and NJ just sucking has been taking its toll on me. Time to do something for me and my family so we can be happy.
You would have plenty of company in Charlotte or Raleigh. Seems like 75 percent or more of the people I know here are from NJ,NY,PA,CT, and OH. Cheaper housing, can usually transfer with one of the larger financial companies, and the weather are what most of them love. Also a lot of people from FL up here too, me included.

You would have plenty of company in Charlotte or Raleigh. Seems like 75 percent or more of the people I know here are from NJ,NY,PA,CT, and OH. Cheaper housing, can usually transfer with one of the larger financial companies, and the weather are what most of them love. Also a lot of people from FL up here too, me included.

Decent amount of THPers in the area as well :)

Wife and I would love to sell our Chicagoland-area condo, but prices on similar units haven't bounced back as well as single-family homes yet. It is incredibly frustrating as we still feel handcuffed to an investment that we would sell tomorrow if we didn't have to take a massive loss.

I'd be happy to discuss our situation further if anyone has any advice.

Carolina's... Florida... Wow that sounds like such a tough decision to make.

My sister moved to the Raleigh suburbs last week. She is excited to be there.

That is rough unfiltered, and you certainly aren't alone there.

Carolina's... Florida... Wow that sounds like such a tough decision to make.

The honest truth about why I would never move to Florida is that in a few years my parents and probably my sister will be moving down there and I really just dont want to be near my sister anymore. She is just a very negative person and I want to get away from here and everything she brings along with her.

Wife and I would love to sell our Chicagoland-area condo, but prices on similar units haven't bounced back as well as single-family homes yet. It is incredibly frustrating as we still feel handcuffed to an investment that we would sell tomorrow if we didn't have to take a massive loss.

I'd be happy to discuss our situation further if anyone has any advice.
Where in Chicago are you selling?

The honest truth about why I would never move to Florida is that in a few years my parents and probably my sister will be moving down there and I really just dont want to be near my sister anymore. She is just a very negative person and I want to get away from here and everything she brings along with her.

Don't invite her over, problem solved

I hear Arizona is wonderful this time of year.

Don't invite her over, problem solved

Some times in life you just need a fresh start and more and more I feel like it would be a good thing for me and my family. Being somewhere and starting fresh.

Naperville. A NW burb.
Naperville is NW?

A friend of mine has a townhouse in the NW burbs and hasn't been able to make up his money yet. Market in the city proper seems to be doing well, but still a bit slow the further you get. Is renting it an option?

Naperville is NW?

A friend of mine has a townhouse in the NW burbs and hasn't been able to make up his money yet. Market in the city proper seems to be doing well, but still a bit slow the further you get. Is renting it an option?

Renting might be our only option, assuming we want to play landlord for awhile (which isn't always the best, or so I've heard).

Some times in life you just need a fresh start and more and more I feel like it would be a good thing for me and my family. Being somewhere and starting fresh.

As long as you move further south we will work out the details!

Interesting month -
Head to Pittsburgh on 6/10.
Close on my new place on 6/12.
Return from Pitt 6/14.
Move in 6/15 and 6/16.
And then sell my current place.
Fun times ahead!!

As long as you move further south we will work out the details!

My initial thought was Nashville or the surrounding area. A friend of mine and his wife are thinking about moving there with their daughter in the next few years from California. I know Martsy is moving there next year as well. I hear nothing but good things about the area in terms of raising a child so its definitely high on my list.

My initial thought was Nashville or the surrounding area. A friend of mine and his wife are thinking about moving there with their daughter in the next few years from California. I know Martsy is moving there next year as well. I hear nothing but good things about the area in terms of raising a child so its definitely high on my list.

That would be...awesome. The Nashville area is very nice.

Bank finished their appraisal and just awaiting their report. My realtor said to expect some good news, so fingers crossed.

Back