The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Home inspection went well, got the rate locked today. Wish we would have done it yesterday as rates went up an eighth of a point today, but I'm not complaining too much. Rates are still insane.

It's happening!

Well, I have not visited this thread in a while.
My current house is on the market.
I am under contract with a new house, close June 17 (right after B'stone Pitt event). Good rate on a 15 year mortgage (3.125%) locked in.
The GF is moving in, but she closes on her house on June 11. Her stuff, therefore, will hang out in my garage for about a week.
And I have had exactly ZERO offers on my current house. Although I expected that, it still is a bit nerve racking.
Hope to have my current place sold before October. Hope.

According to a thread on here, evidently GG and I should have a mansion, but then I saw its in Texas. :alien:

Don't hate the state......hate the players. :alien:

I am under contract with a new house, close June 17 (right after B'stone Pitt event). Good rate on a 15 year mortgage (3.125%) locked in.
The GF is moving in, but she closes on her house on June 11. Her stuff, therefore, will hang out in my garage for about a week.
And I have had exactly ZERO offers on my current house. Although I expected that, it still is a bit nerve racking.

Good luck Spivey. Tough spot.

Is the market struggling there right now?

You didn't buy contingent on the sale of your current home, Spivey? I think that's the route we are going to go because I don't want to be stuck with 2 mortgages.

You didn't buy contingent on the sale of your current home, Spivey? I think that's the route we are going to go because I don't want to be stuck with 2 mortgages.

I'm sure ward and wake know better but I know a lot of people are hesitant to accept contingent offers.

We turned down two contingent offers on the last house we sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure ward and wake know better but I know a lot of people are hesitant to accept contingent offers.

Yep, if the market is pretty healthy we usually won't recommend our sellers accept unless it is very favorable conditions, or at least the home is already under contract .

Oh wow, I didn't know that. It seem like everyone has that contingency on their buy up here according to our realtor. I guess that shows how markets differ.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. It seem like everyone has that contingency on their buy up here according to our realtor. I guess that shows how markets differ.
Before we even started negotiating we were told nothing with a contingency will be accepted. Our Realtor told us in this area contingencies on other property's selling is almost non existent .

My (selling )realtor told me that she wouldn't even show me houses until my place was under contract.
My GF did not like that timeframe - she needed to sell her house in the spring to get top dollar. Which she did, sold her place for above asking price.
We found a great place that was under our budget, bought without contingency, and we are splitting costs.
I saved enough to cover expenses for (planned) 6 months. So, as long as my property sells this calendar year, we should be ok.

Is the market struggling there right now?
No, market is good. I have a tough property to sell, it usually takes anywhere from 3-6 months in my subdivision.

Before we even started negotiating we were told nothing with a contingency will be accepted. Our Realtor told us in this area contingencies on other property's selling is almost non existent .

Definitely market dependent. A few years ago when we were still in the slumps it would have been much more likely. We still do deals that are contingent on the sell of the buyer's house, but it certainly puts you at a disadvantage.

Only time we accept contingents is if the home already has a contract on it. They're just so risky to the seller

Just put in an offer on our first home. ?

Listing our house on Friday! It's frustrating not being able to find a house we even want to look at in our price range though.

e59f818c62f7c6477a80c348ca944621.jpg

I don't think I ever posted a picture of our house finished. Our landscaping starts next week.

Looking like strongsville area. We r in a negotiating battle. Stubborn, delusional old men smdh lol
Ah the good old burbs. At least that is a short commute for you.

It depends... I bought our last house on contingency... This was in early 2008 though.

Back