The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hesitant to dish out the money it costs to get an iPhone. a) because thats ALOT of money for a phone if u think abt it... b) im scared of losing it, which is quite likely because we carry it with us everywhere n leave it here and there, rather than other expensive things we usually have safely tucked away. happens to lots of pple. it costs way too much for a few minutes of forgetfulness. c) breaking the glass d) people love to steal iphones

But I admit it looks great and it does a lot of cool stuff. Plus it's much easier to find accessories for an iPhone than the others

A) iPhone's are as close as your gonna get to loss and theft proof with the built in phone tracker

B) I don't know how long you've been around but welcome. it's always great to get more female THP'ers

C) please don't tell us you have a crush on Freddie Couples

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Until you boot up Tapatalk...

Yeah lets not go there.. Is it much more stable on the 3Gs?

The only reason why I still have an iPhone is because of jail breaking and installous. If you haven't tried installous, then you're missing out!

The only reason why I still have an iPhone is because of jail breaking and installous. If you haven't tried installous, then you're missing out!

I am afraid to get into that stuff considering my phone is a company one. Looks pretty sweet though

I am afraid to get into that stuff considering my phone is a company one. Looks pretty sweet though

Yeah I wouldn't do it on a company phone. There are so many custom apps that normal users can't get

Yeah lets not go there.. Is it much more stable on the 3Gs?

I dunno. Have 4S.

Just curious. Are you able to run 5.1.1?

Yep it actually came with 5.1.1 straight from Apple.com I have absolutely no problems with it and it's still pretty fast and not sluggish at all. Apple set the Factory unlocked stuff up when iOS5 came out so you can say it was made to work with it, it's way faster than my old 3g and I sure as hell wasn't going to pay 600 for a factory unlock 4s. I am done with jailbroken bs

Looks department: 3Gs > 4S

yeah my brother and sister all have 4s (doesn't help that my brother worked for Sprint for a few years and not AT&T so I wanted an iPhone.)

But $300 or $600, that's a no brainer to me. . .

Uriel- Do you have your iPhone yet? I am curious to the process of buying it unlocked directly from Apple to get it to work on T-Mo. Do you just pop a T-Mo sim card in it and activate?

This thread is dead to me. I even wiped my iPhone to complete the divorce.

This thread is dead to me, until the iPhone 5 comes out I even wiped my iPhone to complete the divorce.

Fify...

New Star Soccer for the soccer fans out there. Super addicting.

Uriel- Do you have your iPhone yet? I am curious to the process of buying it unlocked directly from Apple to get it to work on T-Mo. Do you just pop a T-Mo sim card in it and activate?

I got it last night, all I had to do was pop in the sim car and follow a few steps on the phone and bam, t mobile. I didn't even need a computer to activate it.

I got it last night, all I had to do was pop in the sim car and follow a few steps on the phone and bam, t mobile. I didn't even need a computer to activate it.
That's awesome, seems easy enough.

That's awesome, seems easy enough.

Yep and it's running perfect on 5.1.1 or whatever it is, I really like that I went with this.

I guess Sprint is having a special where you take any old iPhone and get minimum $100 off of a new 4s, my girlfriend and I are going in and ginv my old crappy useless 3g in and getting her a 4s ( she has sprint )

Ugh........you know that's stealing man

Ugh........you know that's stealing man

It is not stealing. When you find an app you like you go to the app store and buy it. A lot of the apps are crap. And you don't get updates if you don't buy it.

The Cydia app store has so many mods to add more functionality to the phone.

It is not stealing. When you find an app you like you go to the app store and buy it. A lot of the apps are crap. And you don't get updates if you don't buy it.

The Cydia app store has so many mods to add more functionality to the phone.

I have to agree with you about cidia being so awesome but the Jailbreak wasn't too stable with my old 3G so that's why I decided to go the expensive route and buy a factory unlocked iPhone.

Last edited:
Looks fake to me. . .That would really suck and I hope apple doesn't let that happen, it would be pretty stupid in my opinion.

Nope not fake. Every single photo/leak has included this design so it's a pretty solid bet. Besides I'm thinking Apple is trying to make USB the new charging/sync system. Which think about it plugging your phone into a USB to charge. Seems reasonable/simple to me.

Plus think of the money companies/Apple will make off of the new design, I'm sure that's their real thought behind it, sad for us but good for them.

I think they're going for something more traditional. . .

Spoiler
iphone5gs-copy1.jpeg

I hate the idea of a new connector. Just a way to make more money and make everyone's accessories incompatible.

I hate the idea of a new connector. Just a way to make more money and make everyone's accessories incompatible.

I hate it too, that's why I hope that those pictures are fake. I will not be switching for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back