The Jewish Deli Sandwich Options

Which of the 4 you going with @PKorf ?

all of them. so good!

Tough.

I lovvvvve both. But I think I lean to hot pastrami. With a smidge of hot horseradish.
Some horseradish does sound like a great choice to finish off the pastrami

D (hot or cold) on rye with a little mustard and pickles on the side. Or C on an onion roll. And I assume there is a cheesecake option to finish the meal?

I think I gained about 5 pounds just reading the menu.

D (hot or cold) on rye with a little mustard and pickles on the side. Or C on an onion roll. And I assume there is a cheesecake option to finish the meal?

I think I gained about 5 pounds just reading the menu.

Nice play on the onion roll. Nothing wrong with a good onion roll.

My favorite thing when I was a kid was one person getting a corned beef sandwich and another person would get a pastrami sandwich and then we would exchange halves, so we would each have a half corned beef and half pastrami sandwich. That's really the way to do it.

Any except A because sauerkraut is disgusting. Gun to head it would be D with C coming in a hot 2nd.

Nice play on the onion roll. Nothing wrong with a good onion roll.

My favorite thing when I was a kid was one person getting a corned beef sandwich and another person would get a pastrami sandwich and then we would exchange halves, so we would each have a half corned beef and half pastrami sandwich. That's really the way to do it.
#winning

@BigDill does your wife get mad at your order?

Wholeheartedly approve. We hit Junior’s on 45th before a show a few years back and it offered the split on onion rolls. I ate it happily

No but she certainly thinks less of me.

Don’t let her shame you. I see nothing wrong with your order, though it isn’t my preference on bread. It is perfectly delicious.

My go to Jewish Sandwich is from Katz's Deli in NYC (we always go after a good day of drinking at McSorleys). Pastrami on rye with mustard. It is such a great experience visiting the deli. they have all their carvewrs lined up and as you make your order they carve it up right there and give you sample as they are making your order. Hi They even do a mail order, and I was lucky enough to get this as one of my Christmas gifts ( a whole pastrami with seedless Rye, their rye is sooo good).

I need to visit Kenny and Ziggy’s in Houston, right @mikeg_74

I need to visit Kenny and Ziggy’s in Houston, right @mikeg_74

the fact that you haven’t is kinda disturbing! Seriously though, the best I’ve had, but that’s a Mexican perspective, lol.

the fact that you haven’t is kinda disturbing! Seriously though, the best I’ve had, but that’s a Mexican perspective, lol.
Our people share similar thoughts just different food. I trust you.

I was never a fan of corned beef until st patty day (not the all day drinking ones), have never actually had a sandwich though. The only Jewish deli I went to i got roast beef, topped with cheddar and bacon bits and it took me a legit week to eat

One of each....I'm hungry.

Love a reuben, but haven't had potato pancakes in a long time!

We have a place in Naperville, IL that I love to go to where I can get 1/2 pastrami and 1/2 corned beef with spicy mustard on rye. Sooooooo amazing and I’ll eat it warm or cold but prefer it warm. Plus I have to get some hot latkes with applesauce.

We have a place in Naperville, IL that I love to go to where I can get 1/2 pastrami and 1/2 corned beef with spicy mustard on rye. Sooooooo amazing and I’ll eat it warm or cold but prefer it warm. Plus I have to get some hot latkes with applesauce.

Schmaltz Deli?

I am going to admit something here, because I believe THP is a safe space.

I would go with C., but on white sliced sandwich bread, like Wonder Bread. I Love a pastrami sandwich with mustard and sliced raw onions and some provolone, but only on that bread.
I Totally understand this but without the onions.....

Reactions: JB
Cleveland is home to a plethora of local delis. Especially if the Jewish variety. They are incredible and offer soooo many good sandwich options it’s honestly hard to choose between them all.

this local deli “Corky & Lennys” posted this today. What’s your pick? Scroll the pictures and let your food fantasies run wild lol.

My wife & i are always on the hunt for a good Reuben to match up to a spot in Tampa, Zudars.

Voting for that option myself

Pastrami on Rye.

My wife & i are always on the hunt for a good Reuben to match up to a spot in Tampa, Zudars.

Voting for that option myself

I’m in Tampa frequently and have driven by this place numerous times. Will have to try it if and when I’m traveling again.

Back