The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I went and listened to the whole Bryson interview on the Fairway to Heaven podcast. A few of my thoughts:
  • Bryson may be sincere about growing the game. I know he invests a ton of time and effort to his YouTube channel which opens up things. I am sure he is monetizing that but he doesn’t need a ton of extra money.
  • I am not defending OWGR I think it is broken. However Bryson’s comment that LIV has complied with all of the OWGR rules to get points for LIV events is flat out wrong. That comment which is at the end of the podcast makes it hard to believe other things that he says.
  • Fairway to Heaven is a LIV podcast. One of the ways to listen to the podcast is on the LIV app. Within the first few minutes before Bryson is on the hosts are talking about LIV they are using we and us in reference to LIV so they certainly seem to be part of the LIV organization.
  • Most things have an agenda. If I was listening to a PGA Tour podcast I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pro PGA Tour and anti LIV. A podcast available on the LIV app I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pro LIV, anti PGA Tour and OWGR.
Overall aside from Bryson’s talk about his social media presence and what he is doing in that area I didn’t think a ton of new ground was covered on the podcast. I haven’t watched much of Bryson’s stuff but I will likely drop in and check it out.

All the LIV vs PGA tour BS is really just making the majors that much more important as both LIv and the tour are more and more watered down and boring.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
The fact that he went after Rory specifically speaks volumes even after Rory has been trying to mend bridges.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Lol I’m not sure I’d mark any tournament win with an asterisk just because Talor Gooch isn’t playing in it (which is what he’s saying since every other top player is in the Masters field).

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
What top player isn't in the Masters that he thinks should be? This argument doesn't make any sense to me

Lol I’m not sure I’d mark any tournament win with an asterisk just because Talor Gooch isn’t playing in it (which is what he’s saying since every other top player is in the Masters field).
And if it's an asterisk because "some of the top golfers aren't playing", then that's pretty much every pro golf tournament over the past few years and many, many others before that.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Going forward, I don't see Augusta National extending Mr. Gooch an invitation to play in its Tournament even if he met one of the current qualifying criteria.

So tired about those guys whining about OWGR and majors qualifications. They knew what was in front of them when they cashed in.

Wow, the Golf Channel is even talking about AK and LIV right now.

So tired about those guys whining about OWGR and majors qualifications. They knew what was in front of them when they cashed in.
Same can be said for the PGAT players that want extra money for being loyal; they missed out on making the lucrative move and still want to be rewarded anyway.

Let’s face it, all these guys come across as a bit entitled one way or another. Fortunately for them they all have the skill to demand stuff.

Because AK is a massive story, no matter where he plays.

Because it will bring big ratings, but it will fizzle if he doesn't play well. It is a lot of pressure to just go cold turkey and play a tournament. I'm sure he is getting paid a lot of motivation though.

Because AK is a massive story, no matter where he plays.
Totally agree, just surprised they gave it air time due to LIV.

Last I heard its not even going to be on TV Friday.

The ANGC committee that extends invites certainly thought Joaquin Niemann was worthy of an invitation based on his play. They could have invited Talor if they wanted to.

They didn’t. Soooooo I guess he’s actually not as good as he thinks he is, according to the powers that be in green.

It is not the job of the OWGR to bend over for the PGAT. Their job is to rank golfers and it is past time to figure this out.
Oh the bend over for the PGA Tour alright 🤣

Last I heard its not even going to be on TV Friday.
If by "TV" you mean "Cable", then probably. But, it will be on my TV...

Back