The Masters is just printing money

Go try and buy a ticket. Any day ticket you can find is about $2000. This ticket is for the week and throws in a little extra stuff. The price isn't absurd. It will sell out in a heartbeat.

Nothing in this city makes sense for that week. Don't try to rationalize, lol.
Personally, I find the Red Roof Inn a bargain at 700 a night.

Personally, I find the Red Roof Inn a bargain at 700 a night.
You don't want to know what we rent out our house for the week. I'm walking distance to the national, but still. People factor that into their mortgage when they buy houses around here.

You don't want to know what we rent out our house for the week. I'm walking distance to the national, but still. People factor that into their mortgage when they buy houses around here.
And with the Augusta rule you don’t even have to claim it as income

Insane. But, if you got that kind of disposable income, why not?!

I think I’d rather go to Berkmann’s Place. At least I get greeted by a couple of members and get to play on a couple of putting greens to try and gamble my way back to as close to zero as possible.
This is what I'd rather have, too.

Go try and buy a ticket. Any day ticket you can find is about $2000. This ticket is for the week and throws in a little extra stuff. The price isn't absurd. It will sell out in a heartbeat.

Even then if you go all 4 days that's like 8000$

You're paying 9000$ for food, dewy meadows, babbling brooks , flower gardens and a widescreen TV---this is madness!

I’d imagine it takes care of the mortgage for quite a while, and I support all of that.

Even then if you go all 4 days that's like 8000$

You're paying 9000$ for food, dewy meadows, babbling brooks , flower gardens and a widescreen TV---this is madness!
It's a weekly pass. Best days to go are the practice rounds.

My dad also lives in Augusta about 6 minutes by car away from ANGC.
He takes off to Florida every year during the masters and rents his house out for an EYEWATERING amount.

So is that on VRBO? Imagine what people would pay if it included a round on the Par 3 course?

No one said rich people make smart decisions with their money all the time, look at the clothes they wear. Just because it's the label, or in this case The Masters & a special ticket, makes it a good decision.

They are printing money, but the real money they're printing is in the gift shop.

The lines were unreal and I'm willing to bet 95% of people who set foot in that gift shop spent $500 minimum. Many closer to $1,000. It would have been fascinating to watch a real-time counter of revenue. The numbers would have spun so fast it would have made you dizzy.

My dad also lives in Augusta about 6 minutes by car away from ANGC.
He takes off to Florida every year during the masters and rents his house out for an EYEWATERING amount.
No pressure to answer at all, and sorry if it's poor form to ask, but I'm curious how much the houses rent for, even ballpark.

No pressure to answer at all, and sorry if it's poor form to ask, but I'm curious how much the houses rent for, even ballpark.
A lot depends on location and ammenities, number of beds and the like but anywhere from 15-100k for the week. I don't know anyone personally that gets less than 25.

Now go to Zillow and look at the house prices around ANGC.

Now go to Zillow and look at the house prices around ANGC.
quite a wide range there, but right around the national is difficult to see on a map without knowing the area. you'll see sections around 150k but likely either need a lot of work or not in a great area. Then three blocks away something that's 2.25m. It's a strange old area.

quite a wide range there, but right around the national is difficult to see on a map without knowing the area. you'll see sections around 150k but likely either need a lot of work or not in a great area. Then three blocks away something that's 2.25m. It's a strange old area.

Yeah, it’s not exactly what I was expecting. Of course, not too many people move there to play golf either 😉

Yeah, it’s not exactly what I was expecting. Of course, not too many people move there to play golf either 😉
Yea, no resident discount. :ROFLMAO:

I've never been, but heard from a friend who's been there that ANGC isn't exactly in the greatest part of town. Amazing place surrounded by not-so-amazing neighborhood.

I've never been, but heard from a friend who's been there that ANGC isn't exactly in the greatest part of town. Amazing place surrounded by not-so-amazing neighborhood.
Like I said, it's a strange setup. Two sides of the property are surrounded by not great areas, and then one side is washington rd (strip mall city) but then one side is "Old Augusta" which has probably some of the priciest houses in the area.

I think that’s true for a lot of courses, surprisingly.

They are printing money, but the real money they're printing is in the gift shop.

The lines were unreal and I'm willing to bet 95% of people who set foot in that gift shop spent $500 minimum. Many closer to $1,000. It would have been fascinating to watch a real-time counter of revenue. The numbers would have spun so fast it would have made you dizzy.
Interesting thing to me is they aren't really trying to gouge anyone on anything. They could double their food prices and still sell 80% of the amount of food they sell anyway. They don't charge much for a ticket either. They could double those and still turn down most of the people that want them every year. They force CBS to show less commercials so they don't get as much TV money as they could. They give all the extra coverage away for free on their app and everyone else sells that stuff in a subscription. My guess is the tournament more than pays for every single thing the club does as is and they just don't care.

For those who can swing that, sounds really nice though not sure the value is really there. Someone could live like a king at any US Open for much less.

Back