The Movie Review Thread

WALL-E

Awesome movie.

I was bored with it, thought the girl robot was odd & the people were scary looking.

Watched Taken last night with Liam Neeson, was ok but very predictable, plus they really made Europe seem like a horrible place to visit.

Tropic Thunder

I have mixed feelings. Ben Stiller did a great job directing and the movie had flashes of comedic brilliance, but it just never came together for me.

Tried to watch Speed Racer & Get Smart, but both were horribly wretched. After 10 minutes I could hear brain cells begging to be killed.

We finally watched Angels & Demons, and I think I am the only one alive that like the first one better. Both were great movies, but the first was better for me.

We finally watched Angels & Demons, and I think I am the only one alive that like the first one better. Both were great movies, but the first was better for me.

I liked the first movie better as well. so there is 2 of us.

Finally watched Across The Universe. Great, great movie. I love the soundtrack.

Just saw Star Trek, on a concession.

I was hesitant, but I have to admit...that movie was badass!

I watched Burn After Reading last night.

Being a Cohen Brothers film, it's definitely not for everyone. The humor is dark and desert dry. But I really liked it. J.K. Simmons was particularly good in his small role, much like he was in Juno.

I watched Wild Times last night.

Not a bad film, I think I've seen it before, but not sure. It's a cowboy movie, with a young Sam Elliott.

Saw Trasnformers, Rise of the Fallen last night and I enjoyed it. Sure it's loud & in your face but it is very entertaining. Won't ruin it for anyone yet to see it, but Bumblebee shows he isn't a wimp like he was sort of portrayed in the 1st movie.

Eagle Eye was on HBO last night.

Suspension of disbelief is something I am willing to do for a movie.

Suspension of all brain function is, however, not within my movie-viewing capabilities.

:bad:

Eagle Eye was wretched.

Eagle Eye was wretched.

one of the worst movies I watched all year.

rented The Boy In The Striped Pajamas the other night. great movie about World War II and the nazis/concentrations camps. shocking ending. definitely not an uplifting movie but recommended.

Just watched "The Code" (Morgan Freeman, Antonio Banderas)

Very twisty-turny movie about a jewlery heist, very good, but hard to follow.

Just watched "The Code" (Morgan Freeman, Antonio Banderas)

Very twisty-turny movie about a jewlery heist, very good, but hard to follow.

you mean Thick As Thieves?

you mean Thick As Thieves?

funny, it must have two names. Just looked it up and it is called Thick as Thieves as well but also advertised as The Code on the DVD Case.

Also Known As:
The Code (International: English title) (USA) (working title) (USA) (DVD title)

I just turned off "Spies Like Us" (I'm about to go to bed)

Pure comedy gold. Gotta love it.

I just turned off "Spies Like Us" (I'm about to go to bed)

Pure comedy gold. Gotta love it.

That's really, really a good one!

Reminded me, it's not a comedy but...Public Enemies is really very good, if you don't expect the world of it.

Wanted. Also on cable.

Overhyped, overblown, and not over soon enough.

Started off as a cheap rip off of Fight Club, and went downhill from there. Even the complex action scenes were meh.

And the ending...

By the way, am I the only heterosexual male in the world that thinks Angelina Jolie is not only not all that attractive, but just plain freaky looking?

Spoiler
angelina-jolie-wanted-tattoo-arms.0.0.0x0.432x255.jpeg

Jolie is a martian. Never bought into the hype. But I guess if she's good enough for Brad, she ought to be good enough for anyone.

By the way, am I the only heterosexual male in the world that thinks Angelina Jolie is not only not all that attractive, but just plain freaky looking?

Spoiler
angelina-jolie-wanted-tattoo-arms.0.0.0x0.432x255.jpeg

Megan Fox in Transformers is way hotter.

I saw/seen/watched "I Love You Beth Cooper" over the weekend. It was pretty funny. "Beth" is a hottie for sure. It wasn't one of those movies that you seen all the funny parts in the previews.

My wife, our friends, and I were the oldest people in the theatre. At the relatively young age of 26 I was at least 10 years older than most of the other people in the theatre. Needless to say I felt very old.

was dragged to the midnight showing of the new Harry Potter last night. 24 theaters all showing it at that same time in the same place and all sold out!

I havnt watched any of the previous films so I was kind of lost but overall it was a solid movie. Im sure fans of the previous ones will love it.

went and saw bruno last friday...man that was funny, picked on everyone---whites,blacks, asians, homosexuals, heterosexuals, etc :laugh:

That's really, really a good one!

Reminded me, it's not a comedy but...Public Enemies is really very good, if you don't expect the world of it.

About Public Enemies:

Read the book, it's pretty good. It chronicles the crime wave of 1933-34. It follows legends like Bonnie & Clyde, George "Baby Face" Nelson, "Machine Gun" Kelly and of course Dillinger.

A note I saw on TV, the guy that goes running to Dillinger when he's shot, that's the author. They gave him a cameo.

Back