The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a documentary on Tim Tebow last night on ESPN. After watching it, I hope the kid succeeds. He's a very hard worker and better than that, he's a good human being. I couldn't help but wonder why the Jaguars didn't draft him? He's a legend in Jacksonville and if anything, would've put a ton of butts in the seats, and who knows, maybe brought a winning culture to the franchise. I'm not a Broncos fan, and I was never a UF fan, but I really will be hoping for success for this guy.

He is a good guy, and a hard worker at everything he has done. If the Jags would have picked him, would they be a winning team? Who knows? But they would fill the seats and have support from their fans, something which they lack right now.

The kid is a tireless worker. He'll be rewarded for that. What was really shocking was how much Jacksonville loves the guy. That franchise should've drafted him. No wonder they suck so bad. THey make stupid decisions.

I hope he is. It just blows me away at how the "experts" make excuses for some athletes (vick?) and condemn others.

I feel the exact same way TC. Not only that I don't remember any player from any sport who had basically all the "experts" against him from the start of his career. It seems like no one is giving him any shot at all. And I don't feel like there is any basis for the failure expectations.

In recent memory, Cam Newton. Every expert said he couldnt be an NFL QB, because he was the second coming of Jamarcus Russell.

He is a good guy, and a hard worker at everything he has done. If the Jags would have picked him, would they be a winning team? Who knows? But they would fill the seats and have support from their fans, something which they lack right now.

I don't know if they'd be a winning team but perhaps he could bring a level of energy and excitement. Ultimately, every dude in the NFL is a professional for a reason: b/c they have the talent and ability to take them there. I think a winning culture and mentality can be built, and imo, it starts in the locker room. I see Tim Tebow as a guy who once he gets the reigns, he motivates through his tireless effort and will. I'm really excited to see what he does in Denver. He's set up to fail there. They trade Brandon Lloyd, which puts more pressure on the guy so I'm keen to see how he handles it. He interjects life and spirit and I think that's valuable. He would've done wonders for Jacksonville IMO, whether or not they actually win or not.

In recent memory, Cam Newton. Every expert said he couldnt be an NFL QB, because he was the second coming of Jamarcus Russell.

You could be right. Around here (north east) Cam was reviewed pretty fairly I felt. He was extremely athletic, with a strong strong arm, who guys weren't sure about from the pocket - (i.e. Vick)
if he would just tuck and run or if he would go through the progression of reads- which I felt was fair. It seems to me that Tebow does NOTHING right according to these experts.

I saw a special on CJ last night. Although he is straight ghetto and hard to understand. I see why he is the way he is. I thought it was awesome that he stood by his best friends side while he was making i tbig and his buddy was in prison. Goes to show he is a loyal friend.

I don't know if they'd be a winning team but perhaps he could bring a level of energy and excitement. Ultimately, every dude in the NFL is a professional for a reason: b/c they have the talent and ability to take them there. I think a winning culture and mentality can be built, and imo, it starts in the locker room. I see Tim Tebow as a guy who once he gets the reigns, he motivates through his tireless effort and will. I'm really excited to see what he does in Denver. He's set up to fail there. They trade Brandon Lloyd, which puts more pressure on the guy so I'm keen to see how he handles it. He interjects life and spirit and I think that's valuable. He would've done wonders for Jacksonville IMO, whether or not they actually win or not.

Imagine having MJD, another guy who works tirelessly and is just a good guy, and Tebow on the same team. They may not be Super Bowl champs but they would have the motivation and drive to try. And it would put butts in the seats which is something all Florida teams need BADLY! All 3 Florida teams are being blacked out week after week.

I watched a documentary on Tim Tebow last night on ESPN. After watching it, I hope the kid succeeds. He's a very hard worker and better than that, he's a good human being. I couldn't help but wonder why the Jaguars didn't draft him? He's a legend in Jacksonville and if anything, would've put a ton of butts in the seats, and who knows, maybe brought a winning culture to the franchise. I'm not a Broncos fan, and I was never a UF fan, but I really will be hoping for success for this guy.

I agree with you. Would love to see this guy successful for the right reasons. The Jaguars havent made a good decision in years so its no surprise they didnt draft him. Or maybe they had a 2nd or 3rd round grade on him before Denver reached in the first round.

Tebow needs a system put in around him and I think he's successful. Throwing him into a system for any other QB isnt going to work. And this is what Denver seems to be doing right now.

I saw a special on CJ last night. Although he is straight ghetto and hard to understand. I see why he is the way he is. I thought it was awesome that he stood by his best friends side while he was making i tbig and his buddy was in prison. Goes to show he is a loyal friend.

Is this serious or sarcasm? Because I can't understand a damn thing that guy says, although if I am feeling down I just read his twitter account and I am almost guaranteed a laugh. But I support the guy, because he's a part of the magnificent mulvas.

Imagine having MJD, another guy who works tirelessly and is just a good guy, and Tebow on the same team. They may not be Super Bowl champs but they would have the motivation and drive to try. And it would put butts in the seats which is something all Florida teams need BADLY! All 3 Florida teams are being blacked out week after week.

Have you ever watched the story on MJD? Hell of a story as well.. haha

Exactly!!!! THe NFL is a business. And Jacksonville with Tim Tebow would've been a genius business decision. Oh well, hopefully they lose their franchise and it goes where people actually get out and support their team.

Absolutely agree. MJD is one of my favorites. They would have motivated the entire state of Florida to do whatever they wanted haha.

Is this serious or sarcasm? Because I can't understand a damn thing that guy says, although if I am feeling down I just read his twitter account and I am almost guaranteed a laugh. But I support the guy, because he's a part of the magnificent mulvas.

dead serious. The guy grew up in the ghetto. money isnt gonna make him change his speech. The guy had a 2.0 GPA in high school and was kicked off his team. He took night classes to get it to a 2.8. He also wrote hundreds of letters to his best friend in prison. I mean, he isnt gonna win any English Literature awards but....he showed loyalty to a friend. That actually means a lot to me. Friendship is over looked all too often!

Have you ever watched the story on MJD? Hell of a story as well.. haha

LOL I love all the behind the scenes, before they were stars, stories.

Exactly!!!! THe NFL is a business. And Jacksonville with Tim Tebow would've been a genius business decision. Oh well, hopefully they lose their franchise and it goes where people actually get out and support their team.

All Florida fans suck, no matter what part of the state you are in. It bothers me so much. Fans in other cities will stick by their team year after year no matter how bad they are, but in Florida if you lose one game the next game has no one there. And this goes for all sports too.

Absolutely agree. MJD is one of my favorites. They would have motivated the entire state of Florida to do whatever they wanted haha.

Me too, he is one of my favorite guys and I have had him on my FF team every year for that exact reason. I was actually pissed when CJ fell to me because I knew I had to take him but I didn't want to. I also like Ray Rice, he is another guy who is just a good due.

dead serious. The guy grew up in the ghetto. money isnt gonna make him change his speech. The guy had a 2.0 GPA in high school and was kicked off his team. He took night classes to get it to a 2.8. He also wrote hundreds of letters to his best friend in prison. I mean, he isnt gonna win any English Literature awards but....he showed loyalty to a friend. That actually means a lot to me. Friendship is over looked all too often!

To play devils advocate, isn't this same loyalty what landed Vick in jail? Obviously there are differences, but at some point you are responsible or connected to the actions of others. To continue to put yourself in a situation where your livelihood or freedom is in jeopardy is just stupid.

Me too, he is one of my favorite guys and I have had him on my FF team every year for that exact reason. I was actually pissed when CJ fell to me because I knew I had to take him but I didn't want to. I also like Ray Rice, he is another guy who is just a good due.[/QUOTE]

Yup, agreed. It is so much easier to root for guys who are good people. It makes your connection with them that much stronger.

To play devils advocate, isn't this same loyalty what landed Vick in jail? Obviously there are differences, but at some point you are responsible or connected to the actions of others. To continue to put yourself in a situation where your livelihood or freedom is in jeopardy is just stupid.

this makes no sense...Yes...Vicks friends fought dogs. CJ's friend went to prison a tthe age of 16. Now he trains with CJ every day and CJ is trying to get him in the NFL. But, I guess because Vicks boys put him in a bad situation then its gonna happen to all famously rich athletes. your right

Exactly. I am not a huge Bucs fan, but I do enjoy watching their games. Black out, every week. So instead I get some random game that I dont care about.

this makes no sense...Yes...Vicks friends fought dogs. CJ's friend went to prison a tthe age of 16. Now he trains with CJ every day and CJ is trying to get him in the NFL. But, I guess because Vicks boys put him in a bad situation then its gonna happen to all famously rich athletes. your right

Not saying it happens all the time and obviously there is something to be said for loyalty- and I didn't know he was 16 when he was incarcerated. I guess I would just like to see athletes make better decisions about who they spend their time with. I'm really tired of seeing athletes make dumb decisions.

Not saying it happens all the time and obviously there is something to be said for loyalty- and I didn't know he was 16 when he was incarcerated. I guess I would just like to see athletes make better decisions about who they spend their time with. I'm really tired of seeing athletes make dumb decisions.

ok, then lets stop giving 18-22 year olds MILLIONS of dollars

ok, then lets stop giving 18-22 year olds MILLIONS of dollars

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT point. Completely agree. And personally - for me - I have to remind myself that just because someone has a crap ton of $$$ doesn't mean that they are a good person. Conversely, I need to remember to not be so cynical, and remind myself that there are people who can grow and change and separate themselves from their backgrounds.

I think if a player can make millions of dollars and they're 18-22 more power to them.

Crazy story here: The trade of Ronnie Brown to the Lions and Jerome Harrison to the Eagles was cancelled because Jerome Harrison failed his physical. Now we know why: Harrison was diagnosed with a brain tumor!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...t-lions-philadelphia-eagles-trade-source-says

As Philadelphia Eagles doctors were giving newly acquired running back Jerome Harrison his physical, they discovered a brain tumor that nullified a trade with the Detroit Lions, according to two league sources.The trade might have might have actually saved Harrison's life, the sources said. Without the deal being made, Harrison would not have undergone a physical. The tumor is now being treated, according to sources.
Harrison could not be reached for comment.
The Eagles would have sent running back Ronnie Brown to the Lions in exchange for Harrison and an undisclosed pick in the 2013 NFL draft. Brown arrived in Detroit but never got to practice Wednesday.
Harrison is not expected to play again this season, but his long-term prognosis both for life and his football career appear to be good, sources said. He is visiting with more doctors Thursday.
The voided trade has left the Lions with major issues at running back because star running back Jahvid Best the third concussion of his career in last week's loss to San Francisco.

That is a crazy story. Hopefully Harrison gets healthy for his own sake and his family.

Edit: 29 guest browsing this thread? Dont be Cutlers and join up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back