The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Tmex! I hate it for you bro. Nothing worse than watching your team get smoked. Trust me, I know that all too well. You could have Jimmy Clausen?

I'd love me some Jimmy Clausen. Hanie is just god awful. I've prayed for Todd COllins the last few weeks, alas God was appearantly just watching over TEbow.

I really liked that after the game stuff with Brady and Tebow as well as the teams talking. Not sure why, but it did not seem phony to me as it normally does.

LOL at Aaron Rodgers' shirt during the interview. Apparently after the game, he was going to play "Im a picnic tablecloth" too.

Have you looked at the schedules?

Of course!

I'm mostly just counting on them winning tonight. Don't care who actually takes that division, haha. I actually think it's more likely that San Diego sneaks in with the last wild card spot. Cincy has to play Baltimore. The Jets stink. Seems very possible that the final wild card spot will be decided by the Oakland/SD game during the last week of the season.

And there's the dagger. Well, it was a good run. No more worrying about 19-0. Now they need to patch together a semblance of an O-line for the playoffs. Hopefully get Bishop back on D, too.

That was a bad, bad, game.

Kevin

Better to lose this week then next but like you say the oline is hurting-hopefully Clifton will be back soon--hopefully the defense is up for the task

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Looking at things...I think the hawks actually have a chance. Lions got lucky imho of beating oakland and wont beat SD or GB. If Seattle can beat the 49ers and Cards they steal that WC spot :)

Lions have 4 comebacks of 13+ points, and that's the most of any team in a single season ever. Won't stand for long the way Tebow's going.

Just thought I'd share that interesting tidbit, I never would have noticed that if I hadn't read it.

Lions have 4 comebacks of 13+ points, and that's the most of any team in a single season ever. Won't stand for long the way Tebow's going.

Just thought I'd share that interesting tidbit, I never would have noticed that if I hadn't read it.

How many times has Tebow already done it this season?

How many times has Tebow already done it this season?

I don't know. I know of at least one and I'm thinking there might be at least one more? Just guessing though.

I don't know. I know of at least one and I'm thinking there might be at least one more? Just guessing though.

So you think Tebow is going to have more than 4 comebacks of 13 or more points this season?

So you think Tebow is going to have more than 4 comebacks of 13 or more points this season?

Not necesarily this season. If he continues to start, and does so for a full season, it's completely possible, at least I think so. It just seems like he's always coming back.

Thank you Redskins. :)

The San Diegoooooooo..Super Chargers!! Loving this.

Steel Tappin'

I'm going to be so unproductive tomorrow.

Steel Tappin'

I would have. Look back at the history, Chiefs have always matched up well with the packers and won three times over the last two decades against the best all time GB teams of all time. Toss in a new coach, change the QB and we were ripe.

I find it harder to believe anyone finds it hard to see.

Very true. I thought today was easily Green Bay's best chance to lose, particularly after the 49ers fell to Arizona last week. That was the key variable that the media comfortably ignored. It's a natural letdown spot on the road once you have so much margin for error, three games ahead of the 49ers for home field advantage with only 3 games to play. Green Bay wasn't going to hit a flat spot as long as San Francisco stayed on their heels.

Situational handicapping is a daily topic in Las Vegas but you never hear it elsewhere. Fans and media want to pretend every week, every game is the same. I'm always amazed by that. We're supposedly in a sophisticated era. Far from it.

The bettors swarmed on the Chiefs today. The line plunged from Green Bay -14 to -11 in very quick order. You almost never see a late move of that magnitude in the final hours and opposing a power team. Generally the public will deflect any attempt of the wise guys to oppose a premier team. But today there was so much wise guy money on the Chiefs that the line dropped to -11 and stayed there. Only at a handful of the most notorious square spots did it drift back to -12.

Basically, the bettors were saying the early number was out of whack, representing a team in disarray with an overmatched coach and a quarterback who should never start in the NFL. Once it was Romeo and not Haley, and Orton and not Palko, a major line correction was in order. For one thing, the Chiefs have a long time great history as a home underdog, particularly in December. They invariably play defense in those games and avoid shoot outs. In Tutu Goodell's NFL that's an increasingly rare emphasis. Anyone who tries to win a 38-35 game against Green Bay is destined to fail.

Funny things happen on the road. That's why college teams like the Gators make sure to avoid non-conference road risk. Today was the last chance to get Green Bay away from Lambeau or in the Super Bowl. Next week the hurdle is Caleb Hanie.

Where has this team been all season? Holy crap san diego!

--
tapatalk

I haven't enjoyed a non-Steelers game this much in a while.

Steel Tappin'

Hey THP friends, I didn't want to start a whole other thread in the sports forum but I have a chance to win a trip to the super bowl, I just need people to get on the Sunday Night Football on NBC facebook page and vote for me once a day. Check out the details in the original thread. Thanks! http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...8-Please-help-me-win-a-trip-to-the-Super-Bowl!!!

Edit: here is the link to the voting page http://www.facebook.com/SNFonNBC?v=app_258185870873319

There are two Colts stories I guess, so just make sure you vote for Bradd Hile lol

Last edited:
"We didn't step up to the plate. Everybody - everybody gotta look at theyself. In the mirror. We didn't step and make no plays. " - Wide Receiver James Jones on the Packers' loss to the Chiefs.

Spoken like a poet.

Panthers > Packers

Let's see, the undefeated, greater than the Lord Jesus himself Pack gets beat up by a lowly Chiefs team. The lowly Panthers waltz into Houston to face the #1 D in the league with a rookie under center and we mauled them.

Panthers > Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back