The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insanely early prediction for the 2012-2013 NFL season: First game of the year will be Packers at Giants on Thursday night, September 6.

The home opponents for the Giants have already been decided for next year: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers. I think that the Steelers, Saints, and Packers are the 3 most interesting opponents, but the NFL will gladly take the 2 most recent Super Bowl champions to play on opening night.

My prediction for next season: One of the NFL teams will win the Super Bowl. :D I actually think if I had to pick now it would be the Niners. They look good and set for next season. I think they make a run at it!

Looking at it, saying that Brady's entire career gets that label is assinine. But today, there are better, more clutch QBs in the league. If Aaron Rodgers is on 14-2 teams that can't win in the playoffs, I will most definately say that he is not able to get it done. I think that is what I mean, that Brady cannot get it done anymore. He was once a big game QB. Lately he has been a regular season QB.

I guess Eli is a big game QB now?

All In baby!!!! Go Giants!

From NEPA? That is Hynoski country... I used to live up there, Scranton baby, lol.......

haha.. i went to the U dude. work in WB now.

This needed a bump. :act-up:

I have since admitted that I may have been wrong with that sentiment. But, I do now believe that Belichick is not as much of a genius as we have given him credit for.

I guess Eli is a big game QB now?

Eli has been a big time QB for a while. He always plays better against the best teams in the biggest games.

It is important to note, that I was not the only person in the world to say that Brady has been a little overrated of late. I was just the only one to say it here on the forum. As a Aaron Rodgers fan, if I had one game to win to save my life, Eli may be my quarterback for that game.

Looking at it, saying that Brady's entire career gets that label is assinine. But today, there are better, more clutch QBs in the league. If Aaron Rodgers is on 14-2 teams that can't win in the playoffs, I will most definately say that he is not able to get it done. I think that is what I mean, that Brady cannot get it done anymore. He was once a big game QB. Lately he has been a regular season QB.

Aaron Rodgers was on a 15-1 team that couldn't get it done in the playoffs. He was not clutch this year. He was very disappointing in the playoff loss.

Brady played fine. Even with that pick he just had faith in Gronk. Gronk was hurt, the Giants won whoop de do. The Giants are still the Turdants to me and nothing will change that. Eli wow, big QB. 20 seconds in the pocket to throw will do that to a man ;)

Brady played fine. Even with that pick he just had faith in Gronk. Gronk was hurt, the Giants won whoop de do. The Giants are still the Turdants to me and nothing will change that. Eli wow, big QB. 20 seconds in the pocket to throw will do that to a man ;)

That pass was just woefully underthrown... complements of not being able to set his feet. I don't think a healthy Gronk does any better than the injured one on that play. Other plays, yes... that play... no

And so begins the seven worst months of the year, broken only by the brief periods of joy for free agency and the draft.

Thank God we still have golf. (I gave up on baseball after the strike in the 90s and only marginally care for college basketball. Too warm here to care about hockey, though I'll root for the penguins, of course.)

Steelers hiring Todd Haley as the new OC.

As a Chiefs fan, I sincerely hope he works out better for you than he did for us....

Same. I'm not sold on this one. Willing to give him a fair shot though.

I don't think he's HC material but he was not a bad coordinator at all. I'm just not sure how his personality will play out with Big Ben.

Cowboys fan?

I don't think he's HC material but he was not a bad coordinator at all. I'm just not sure how his personality will play out with Big Ben.

Yeah, that is one thing I will give Haley credit for, he is fiery and ballsy. And I am in total agreement on the not a HC but a good coordinator. Some guys are like that. Norv Turner for instance. Wade Phillips. Dom Capers. On and on.

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

Hahaha. I saw this on another forum.

Sure did....just ask Mrs Brady who threw all the WR's under the bus afterwards

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

Hahaha. I saw this on another forum.

at first glance I thought that was Lee Westwod sporting a KC Chiefs hate....cheers mate!

Man, that Packers loss to the Giants hurt. Just getting over that one.

Kevin

I keep hearing this morning how Peyton might go to the Fins or Skins. Are these pundits serious?

That pass was just woefully underthrown... complements of not being able to set his feet. I don't think a healthy Gronk does any better than the injured one on that play. Other plays, yes... that play... no

Disagree. Gronk would've snatched that pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back