The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I figured it was probably time to turn the clock the NFL season and begin looking at 2012-2013.

There are so many story lines that have already started and I'm sure the off-season will be filled with more.

The top thing I'll keep in eye on the most this year is how Peyton does in Denver and how the Jets handle their QB situation.

I guess this means my post of a few minutes ago might be the last in the 2011 thread.

Kevin

all Tebow, all the time

I figured it was probably time to turn the clock the NFL season and begin looking at 2012-2013.

There are so many story lines that have already started and I'm sure the off-season will be filled with more.

The top thing I'll keep in eye on the most this year is how Peyton does in Denver and how the Jets handle their QB situation.

I guess this means my post of a few minutes ago might be the last in the 2011 thread.

Kevin
It's was about the Vikings... I wouldn't worry about it

I pick the Packers to win it all.

Kevin

Lol, there are seasons in the NFL? I never thought one ended or started, they just go on forever. I'm excited this year b/c my Cowboys finally have some defensive backs to let our top 5 d-line do it's job for once.

Packers sign #1 pick Nick Perry. All their picks are signed. Bring on the season. Baseball and that stupid NBA are wearing on me.

Kevin

The Cowboys should have signed Miracle Matt Flynn.

Kevin

Romo is not a top 10 QB.

May not be a top 10 QB, but he very well may be. He made a superstar of Miles Austin after all. If our offensive line were half decent (and hopefully this year it will be), he'll avoid the stupid mistakes.

Brees/Brady/Rodgers are 1/2/3 in some order (THE Manning would be 1 if healthy). After that what's the second tier? Manning/Ben/Rivers/Stafford? I don't accept arguments for anybody under 2 years performance to be top 10 (too many one year wonders out there starting right now). Third tier? Vick/Cutler/Ryan/Schaub/Bradford/Flacco/Sanchez?. That puts Romo in the argument for top 4-8 second tier in my books. I am biased, and hate his stupid mistakes, but you can't argue with his numbers. Saying he is definitely not top 10 is just Cowboy bashing. Now I understand that (any New York team could be disbanded as far as I'm concerned and any time they lose I'm happy), but saying he's not in the argument is pure bias.

May not be a top 10 QB, but he very well may be. He made a superstar of Miles Austin after all. If our offensive line were half decent (and hopefully this year it will be), he'll avoid the stupid mistakes.

Brees/Brady/Rodgers are 1/2/3 in some order (THE Manning would be 1 if healthy). After that what's the second tier? Manning/Ben/Rivers/Stafford? I don't accept arguments for anybody under 2 years performance to be top 10 (too many one year wonders out there starting right now). Third tier? Vick/Cutler/Ryan/Schaub/Bradford/Flacco/Sanchez?. That puts Romo in the argument for top 4-8 second tier in my books. I am biased, and hate his stupid mistakes, but you can't argue with his numbers. Saying he is definitely not top 10 is just Cowboy bashing. Now I understand that (any New York team could be disbanded as far as I'm concerned and any time they lose I'm happy), but saying he's not in the argument is pure bias.

There is nothing wrong with Cowboy bashing.

There is nothing wrong with Cowboy bashing.

No problem with the bashing (I personally love bashing yankees, rangers, and my wife's Senators). But can't ignore their players just b/c of the team. I hate Yankees, but until his injury I'd give nearly anything to have Mariano Rivera close for my Blue Jays.

No problem with the bashing (I personally love bashing yankees, rangers, and my wife's Senators). But can't ignore their players just b/c of the team. I hate Yankees, but until his injury I'd give nearly anything to have Mariano Rivera close for my Blue Jays.

Did you just make a strange comparison of Rivera and Romo?

My Browns are looking at another 2-3 win season...just another year :banghead:

Did you just make a strange comparison of Rivera and Romo?

I'm skilled! I can compare anything to anything. Did you know that a banana is like an airplane because both are roughly cylindrical? Also, I was basically just bashing the yankees for being so evil, and defending Romo as being a top 5 QB, not just top 10! :)

Nate is just trolling the thread.

As to your argument, a lot of it makes sense, that is until you have Mark Sanchez listed in there....All credibility is lost at that point. :D

As to your argument, a lot of it makes sense, that is until you have Mark Sanchez listed in there....All credibility is lost at that point. :D
"But look at his number of wins!" I love that is the only thing and Sanchez backer says. Proof: go look at Vince young

LOL, when he has time to make the throw, he has the ability to make them all. He just panics too quickly and lets one bad throw lead to another (no golf comparison on the second part of that for me at all). Keep him upright and I think he has top 15 QB potential. On the other hand, I think it'd be highly entertaining to have Tebow beat him out this year quickly.
P.S. Like I said, I'm pretty much anti-anything-NY-football/baseball/hockey, so I have no bias toward him :)

I just read that too. He's top 10 for sure.

I think last year he made a major step in securing "that". In my opinion, it was his best year passing the ball. Not sure I would say top 5 yet (as an actual QB), but top 10 definitely as of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back