The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

1) Iguodala didn't guard him on every possession
2) Iguodala when he did guard him held him to 38% FG
3) Lebron scored all those points on volume, he took a ton of shots almost every game.

But when the award is valuable player. Does Cleveland win any games in the finals without lebron? Probably not. Does golden statue without iguodala? Probably!

But when the award is valuable player. Does Cleveland win any games in the finals without lebron? Probably not. Does golden statue without iguodala? Probably!

I can't give a guy an MVP for winning 2 games. If it was pushed to game 7 and it was a close game, then possibly. But not to a guy who lead a team to 2 wins. No knock on him, the guy almost avg a triple double for the series.

I can't give a guy an MVP for winning 2 games. If it was pushed to game 7 and it was a close game, then possibly. But not to a guy who lead a team to 2 wins. No knock on him, the guy almost avg a triple double for the series.

I can totally understand that side of it.

We wouldn't have won without Iggy and LeBron himself said he didn't want the mvp in a losing effort.

Smith opting out.

Thank god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn Marion retiring

I understand players opting out and resigning, I truly do. Maximize earning. I dont then understand same players complaining about talent around them. Sign for less and it solves the problem.

Just saw the finals ratings were the highest since jordan won his final title with the bulls.

Just saw the finals ratings were the highest since jordan won his final title with the bulls.

I just can't stop wondering "what if" we were healthy...

Interesting talk on the radio this morning about the Cavs and Kevin Love. He says he is returning. The radio guy (one of the NBA "experts" says he wants to go to LA if they add another star. The flip side is that internally the Cavs have to know they can easily replace him with someone. They spoke about LaMarcus Aldridge being that guy and how much of a better fit he is for their goal.

Interesting conversation.

Interesting talk on the radio this morning about the Cavs and Kevin Love. He says he is returning. The radio guy (one of the NBA "experts" says he wants to go to LA if they add another star. The flip side is that internally the Cavs have to know they can easily replace him with someone. They spoke about LaMarcus Aldridge being that guy and how much of a better fit he is for their goal.

I agree that he can be easily replaced, but if you have the guy and he is healthy, hopefully he can be of some help over the next year +... I am in no way a Kevin Love advocate as I thought their trade for him was ridiculous

I can't imagine Aldridge going to Cleveland. I don't really expect him to leave Portland.

Can Aldridge straight up sign outright with Cleveland dollar-wise? Not sure what they'd be able to offer to induce a S&T, but I'd assume Thompson would have to be a part of that deal. Of course, if you can trade glorified role players for another star, you do it.

I'd like to see what a Aldridge, James, Irving combo could do!

Can Aldridge straight up sign outright with Cleveland dollar-wise? Not sure what they'd be able to offer to induce a S&T, but I'd assume Thompson would have to be a part of that deal. Of course, if you can trade glorified role players for another star, you do it.

Sign and trade. Which is what makes Haywoods contract so valuable to have.

On another note, per reports the Cavs have picked up Mozgov's $5m player option. I like it

Aldridge isn't in love with Portland. There have been ongoing reports since Lillard arrived of an undercurrent of jealousy between him and Lillard around whose team it is, the front office giving Lillard respect, etc. I'm not saying he's going to leave but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Up here there has been a decent amount of talk about him potentially landing with one of the Tx teams or in LA, where he apparently has a home.

I don't see how Aldridge really does anything more for Cleveland than Love, as he's basically a perimeter jump shooter too.

I personally would kind of like to see my Lakers draft a center and bring Randle along. But it could make sense to draft the center, sign Love and trade Randle for a wing player. There is already talk that Randle and Okafor don't go together well because they are both post players, and the Lakers are unsure if Randle can develop an intermediate game to compliment Okafor. That could explain the talk of them trading the #2 for Cousins? It could also justify bringing in Love with his perimeter 4 game and letting Okofar have the post. TBD.

Last edited:
Sign and trade. Which is what makes Haywoods contract so valuable to have.
I would be shocked if Portland did that. I realize we are a bit remote up here, but this team's feeling is they are on the cusp of contending. Plus, Paul Allen is a super rich basketball junky with recurring cancer. No way he signs off on a move that starts a rebuild. He wants to win now.

The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Mavs are going to trade Ellis if he opts in. So basically his time in Dallas is over. I like him, but I think it's probably best for everyone that he move on.

Hawks' new unis are sweet! Rockets need a makeover; worst jerseys in the NBA.

:D
Spoiler
d8226fe1e96409adc06cc6fc610cb52a.jpg

The white one looks like a McDonalds jersey

Kevin Love opted out of final year today

Back