The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not overstate things either:

"2008 - plead guilty to hit and run." No jail time. $100 fine.
"2009 - plead guilty to gun charge." He had a gun in the trunk of his parked car. Misdemeanor. No jail time.
"2012 - charged with DUI." Ultimately plead to count of reckless driving. No DUI.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not condoning these actions. But we're not talking Aaron Hernandez here.
being rational does not make for a good story or headline sir. I also don't get how those equate to his dislike or disregard for the media, however much of it is a social disorder or just plain being difficult

Local sport guy said it would be great if Lynch were up for hall of fame voting some day and the media (voter) response was just a simple, "Thanks for asking." :)

Let's not overstate things either:

"2008 - plead guilty to hit and run." No jail time. $100 fine.
"2009 - plead guilty to gun charge." He had a gun in the trunk of his parked car. Misdemeanor. No jail time.
"2012 - charged with DUI." Ultimately plead to count of reckless driving. No DUI.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not condoning these actions. But we're not talking Aaron Hernandez here.

Not comparing him to Aaron Hernandez, but just because he skated on charges, including charges for running over someone and fleeing the scene, doesn't mean they weren't serious charges.

"After nearly a month of posturing from Lynch's lawyers and the Erie County District Attorney, Lynch paid a $100 fine in a plea agreement. He didn't face criminal charges because the woman's injuries weren't serious enough. She sustained a bruised hip and cut to her thigh that required seven stitches at a local hospital."

Let's not look at the punishment more the act of what he did. Had her injuries been more severe he would have faced far more consequences.

Just because he is an athlete or on your favorite team doesn't make him a good person or should I say make him choose the wisest . It doesn't take away what he has done on the field he is a great player. I always remember where there's constant smoke there's usually a fire

I get the point where lynch can be a d bag but in what state is it illegal to carry a gun in your trunk? Thankfully not mine

I get the point where lynch can be a d bag but in what state is it illegal to carry a gun in your trunk? Thankfully not mine

lol NY. You can carry it in your car but not loaded I believe

There are only a few things you have to do to be an NFL player:

1. Be freakishly athletic or skilled
2. Adhere to the code of conduct
3. Show up on time
4. Handle your media obligations

Frankly, Lynch has proven he is unable to handle #4. Maybe some time off is needed so that he can appreciate the fact that those media obligations are one of the reasons he is a millionaire. To consistently ignore them is to either disrespect those who have gone before him to create such awesome opportunities by building the game via handling their obligations, to disrespect teammates who now have to answer questions about his behavior or answer questions he failed to answer, or both.

Marshall Lynch might have an anxiety order or some other kind of mental illness . . . then again, he might just be an ass.

Marshall Lynch might have an anxiety order or some other kind of mental illness . . . then again, he might just be an ass.

Him having an anxiety disorder and me not being able to play football at a high level are both reasons to be disqualified for an NFL job. Media obligations are a requirement of the job. Learn to handle them or do something else.

I would have more anxiety about going in front of the media and answer all the questions in the way he does. He's a great player but his personality and how he handles the media makes me not a fan. I think it's disrespectful to everyone I also don't like how the NFL has mandatory media interviews.

I honestly couldn't care less if he talks to the media or not. Of all the things football players do, this is one of the least troublesome to me.

A DUI arrest, especially following a hit and run accident where alcohol was more than likely a factor, is a much bigger concern to me.

Him having an anxiety disorder and me not being able to play football at a high level are both reasons to be disqualified for an NFL job. Media obligations are a requirement of the job. Learn to handle them or do something else.

If he really had an illness that impacted him in such a way that he could not appear in front of the media, I would think that his agent or team would work something out with the NFL. His conduct indicates (to me) that this is not the case, and he's just part of the entitlement culture we have today -- part of which is the thinking that "if I don't want to do something, I should not have to do it" -- regardless of whether it's part of the job or not.

Last edited:

When I was a young man many moons ago I did some questionable things like drive home from the bar partially hammered. How many of us have driven over .08 BAC and gotten away with it in our college years. Probably most of us.

Might be one of the better hockey commercials I've seen in a while! But great of them to try and take a jab at a NFL issue!!!

Love the Conan video. Their reactions during the fatalities are hilarious

"That's that new jack city" hahahahahaha

That's pretty funny ... maybe for Marshawn's next interview, the reporter can bring Mortal Combat X. That's probably the most he's talked to someone in the media in forever.

It's being reported that Marshawn Lynch has an endorsement deal with a company that promises to match any fine he gets for grabbing his crotch during the SB and donate the matching funds to Lynch's charity. What a class act.

I saw a funny cartoon today about the Super Bowl, with a man and wife watching the game on TV, and the man says, "i'm not sure whether to root for the loud-mouthed punks or the arrogant cheaters." LOL.

It's being reported that Marshawn Lynch has an endorsement deal with a company that promises to match any fine he gets for grabbing his crotch during the SB and donate the matching funds to Lynch's charity. What a class act.

The NFL has stated they will throw an unsportsmanlike flag and enforce the 15 yards on the kickoff. Carroll said Lynch can do what he wants as long as it's only fines to him and doesn't hurt the team on the field. I'm guessing Lynch won't do it unless the games out of hand in Seattle's favor.

I'm on even going to watch the Super Bowl, first time in forever I have no interest in it.
E and a buddy are going to go watch American Sniper and then I'm gonna go bowling.

Might be one of the better hockey commercials I've seen in a while! But great of them to try and take a jab at a NFL issue!!!

Haha, that was a pretty good commercial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surprised Rodgers walked away with the MVP hardware this year. Really thought it would be Romo's turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back