The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off to Manziel. It takes a man to admit fault and that he needs help. Hope he gets well.

Do you really think he made the decision by himself or was told to do it by the the football team.

Do you really think he made the decision by himself or was told to do it by the the football team.

Precisely my thought.

Selfless is NOT something JF is.

I'm hoping he did it on his own because that's the only way it will work. My brother is a recovering addict and he didn't get better until he finally admitted defeat and fixed himself....obviously with help and counceling but you can't be forced into rehab by a judge or through intervention and expect miracles. It has to come from within.

About time. I guess he doesn't want to be remembered in the same light as Leif. I think the Browns pushed this on him, I hope he took his play book.

If he needs help, I hope he gets it.

I think I understand your point here, but in the end, if he turns it around (his life, and his career), does it matter?

Ann Mara, co-owner of the NY Giants passed away today after complications from a fall a couple of weeks ago.

I saw that as a moment of silence before the game, sounds like she was very well liked in the football world.

I saw that as a moment of silence before the game, sounds like she was very well liked in the football world.
Well guess I'm just half a day short, eh? Actually missed the beginning of the game (was making cheese dip) so didn't see they had a moment of silence for her.

Well guess I'm just half a day short, eh? Actually missed the beginning of the game (was making cheese dip) so didn't see they had a moment of silence for her.
I don't think I would have known about it without that during the game!

Seems Warren Sapp has been fired from the NFL Network after arrested on allegations of assault and trying to pay a lady friend for relations early this morning. Whoops..!

Bankrupt and losing a job because of going for a hooker at 7am, way to go HOF'er haha

Bankrupt and losing a job because of going for a hooker at 7am, way to go HOF'er haha
I thought he was AWFUL on TV. As in, without his troubles, he may have already been fired.

I thought he was AWFUL on TV. As in, without his troubles, he may have already been fired.
He had just signed a new contract I think.

I've never heard anything positive about Sapp the person, and that is surprising since he played here. this isn't as surprising as it should be.

Reading MMQB, I came across this--which I think is hilarious.

"The NFL had 32 GMC sport trucks in front of the media center during the week. One day, security came out to discover the two front tires on the Patriots’ truck had been deflated."

Everyone in Tampa seems to have a story about Sapp being a jerk. I am sure he can be a nice guy too, but it seems like karma at work here.

Wasn't a fan of sapp when he played and def not a fan of his tv stuff. Hookers and abuse allegations. Also accused of domestic violence twice in the recent past.

Yet he was probably chastising ray rice and McDonald and Peterson, Manziel and everyone.

Cracks me up, these guys forget everything bad they do when there on TV.

Like Ray Lewis commenting on the Hernandez case.

They deserve to be held critically, but it's just very hypocritical to see some of these ex NFL players do it.

Everyone in Tampa seems to have a story about Sapp being a jerk. I am sure he can be a nice guy too, but it seems like karma at work here.

Good friend of my family who was in the business till she passed last year walked up to him at a Publix and said point blank to him, I'm a realtor and I'm going to sell you your next house. 3 months later she sold him the house of a classmate of my sister's in a very very nice gated neighborhood in Tampa. She said he was very hit or miss attitude wise and often she had to put him back in his place.

Welcome to Indy, Duron!

Welcome to Indy, Duron!

Ugh. What a good pick up. And the last thing any AFC team wanted to see happen with the exception for maybe New England signing him

Maybe Sapp can do another Budweiser commercial, but maybe he can do one of those Bud Light Platinum spots ... would give a whole new meaning to the phrase "Are you up for anything?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back