The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love this trade!!! McCoy is a Bill!!

As a Giants fan, a thank you letter is in order for Chip Kelly

liking this trade to. Now let's get a QB maybe The Bears will give up Claussen
Im thinking we might go after Locker. At least for this year.

I like this trade for Philly. Good for the Bills too. Kiko is a pretty good LB.

If he can stay healthy
It's the nfl you can say that about everyone. He had a torn knee one year and played every snap the other.

CJ Spiller was released by the Bills and said "Give Chip Kelly my agents number"

CJ Spiller was released by the Bills and said "Give Chip Kelly my agents number"
I thought he was a free agent anyway? Besides the Eagles want a good RB hehe

I thought he was a free agent anyway? Besides the Eagles want a good RB hehe
Just going by the Bleacher Report tweet I just saw that said he was released. I blame Clemson.

As an Eagles fan, I am getting into weird territory. Chip has the keys and isn't afraid to exercise some decisions thus far, cutting Trent Cole and Cary Williams, now trading McCoy. You want to think Chip has a pretty good plan here, but man is it getting tough to not start panicking. The only time the Eagles looked really good last year was when McCoy had a good game and now they have a gaping hole at RB. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

It's the nfl you can say that about everyone. He had a torn knee one year and played every snap the other.
But he was always dinged and missed almost an entire season in college. It's what caused him to drop in the draft. He was a first round talent with a long injury history

Not going to lie, when I heard we traded for McCoy I had to check and make sure it wasn't Colt... This trade is more of surprise than a blockbuster, I think both teams got things that they need now.

Just going by the Bleacher Report tweet I just saw that said he was released. I blame Clemson.

Sadly Bleecher Report is like getting news from Stephanie Wei in golf.
Its late, usually confused and then filled with amazing quotes like "lolz", etc. :D

If Spiller does go to philly the media will turn this into we traded spiller and kiko for mccoy. I think the Bills knew well before this that Spiller wouldn't be on the roster this year.

Eff Wei.

Had to stop following, so damn annoying.

But he was always dinged and missed almost an entire season in college. It's what caused him to drop in the draft. He was a first round talent with a long injury history
My point is the NFL is a season and career of attrition. Guys get hurt all the time. David Wilson played a lot of games in college and where is he now? So the whole if he can stay healthy applies to pretty much everyone in the league. Just my thoughts though

My point is the NFL is a season and career of attrition. Guys get hurt all the time. David Wilson played a lot of games in college and where is he now? So the whole if he can stay healthy applies to pretty much everyone in the league. Just my thoughts though
I don't disagree there. Just found it an odd move from Phillys standpoint. But Chip loves him some Oregon

I agree with you here. On paper, Philly is trading away all of these "stars". But the truth is they were not winning with them and changes had to take place. Sure they are "vanity" players meaning that they get a lot of hype because of fantasy football and such, but the team had to get blown up to have any chance of building, because they were/are a whole lot more than just a piece or two away from winning that division.

If Spiller does go to philly the media will turn this into we traded spiller and kiko for mccoy. I think the Bills knew well before this that Spiller wouldn't be on the roster this year.

Supposedly the bills called him and thanked him for his service

I am not huge on this trade. Dont get me wrong Mccoy is a great player and a huge name. However his cap hit at RB is not what I would call team friendly. It is a heavy RB draft and a good Free agent class. Not a trade buffalo needed to make. Kiko showed great promise however did show many flaws in the run game as well. I dont mind the bills trading him but would have liked to see a OL instead of a RB.

Bills down have a big QB contract on the books and won't for at least 2 or 3 more years, so they can afford to take a higher cap hit at other positions for the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back