The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt want him kicked out either. There were quite a few (including some Cowboys fans) that did, but that is neither here nor there. The Hardy signing I found fairly off. AD can play and I have less of an issue with that if I was a fan. The Hardy signing shows no care in the world for character, if they perform. Not because he deserves to be kicked out, but because the timing.

Agree with the Hardy signing. They did a poll at the local TV stations here that week and it was 80-90% of the fans that didn't' want that signing. I could have done without that one.

the more I've thought about it, the more I like the idea of AP playing elsewhere instead of in a Cowboys uniform. Yes he would be good behind that line. But I think I'd rather roll the dice with drafting a RB. Spend the money that they have left on some defensive help.

the more I've thought about it, the more I like the idea of AP playing elsewhere instead of in a Cowboys uniform. Yes he would be good behind that line. But I think I'd rather roll the dice with drafting a RB. Spend the money that they have left on some defensive help.

I'm with ya. I think the RB class here has the potential in being really good when it's all said and done and a few that can be good right out of the gate.....and BE GOOD for many many many years to come.

I'm with ya. I think the RB class here has the potential in being really good when it's all said and done and a few that can be good right out of the gate.....and BE GOOD for many many many years to come.

and BE GOOD at a much friendlier cap number if they are right out of the gate.

and BE GOOD at a much friendlier cap number if they are right out of the gate.

They are going to need that cap room unless they are mortgaging it all right now. Romo and a few others have heavy cap hits in coming years.

They are going to need that cap room unless they are mortgaging it all right now. Romo and a few others have heavy cap hits in coming years.

and honestly, I don't think they are in a position to mortgage it all right now. But I feel like Jerry got a taste last year, and now he wants even more.

Andrew Brandt writes good articles and has great insight.

I don't get Peterson's anger towards the Vikings, it's a mess he created. I, as a GM would be extremely hesitant to pay running back on the wrong side of 30 that kind of money as well. He would be straight up NASTY behind that line though.

As for the River's trade, as a Charger's fan I'm on the fence, we haven't won a Super Bowl with him, our best chances were wasted away at the failures of Norv. I would rather have Mariota than Winston, but who know how they will pan out. If the Chargers move to LA though, I'll just play fantasy football and won't root for a team.

^Completely right about the best years being wasted on Norv...

Seattle has 4 games, and 3 straight at one point against teams coming off bye weeks haha

Hardy 10 games! LOL!

Hardy 10 games! LOL!

Just ridiculous. He was out last year that should be "time served" IMO. The commissioner needs to be reigned in

That being said, the NFLPA will appeal to protect the process. NFL is suspending Hardy based on a policy that was not in place back when Hardy committed the infraction.

He was on the exempt list so he was paid all last year.

I'm not referring to being paid, it's about not playing. AD was on the same list and is going to play, how is Hardy any different.

Commissioner is off his rocker and isn't consistent

I'm not referring to being paid, it's about not playing. AD was on the same list and is going to play, how is Hardy any different.

Commissioner is off his rocker and isn't consistent

As I said above, NFLPA will file appeal on behalf of Hardy much like they did with Peterson. No doubt that Hardy's suspension will be reduced.

LOL, can't make this stuff up.....Hardy's first game back will be against his former team, the Panthers, on Thanksgiving Day! Nice family-friendly story for the NFL on that day.

That 11 mil salary just gave us some cap space

I saw that after I posted.

It should be rescinded not reduced IMO. I have no dog in this fight as I'm not a Cowboys fan, but the process is suspect/flawed if a guy that had charges brought and subsequently dropped gets 10 games?

I would have preferred the whole year. This way it teaches teams to jump until positions have been handed down.
Easy way not to have to worry about suspensions. Dont break the law.

Just ridiculous. He was out last year that should be "time served" IMO. The commissioner needs to be reigned in
The guy brutally beat his girlfriend, and then collected his $13.1 million salary for the year. I could care less how much time he served. Besides, Dallas figured this would be the case and wrote his suspension into his contract (roster bonuses which he will not be able to collect).

The guy brutally beat his girlfriend, and then collected his $13.1 million salary for the year. I could care less how much time he served. Besides, Dallas figured this would be the case and wrote his suspension into his contract (roster bonuses which he will not be able to collect).

I'm not disputing any of the alleged charges. He was put through the legal system and, right or wrong, had the charges dismissed.

My point is whether he was paid or not, he sat out already similar to the Peterson suspension. One is playing and one is suspended. Inconsistent punishment by the commissioner is my point.

I'm not disputing any of the alleged charges. He was put through the legal system and, right or wrong, had the charges dismissed.

My point is whether he was paid or not, he sat out already similar to the Peterson suspension. One is playing and one is suspended. Inconsistent punishment by the commissioner is my point.
He was first found guilty, and then was dismissed on appeal because he paid off the victim. It's not like it was overturned because evidence was faked.

He was first found guilty, and then was dismissed on appeal because he paid off the victim. It's not like it was overturned because evidence was faked.

Not defending the guy but did this ever get proven out by anyone? I've heard lot's of people say this but can't find anything factual about whether it happened or not.

Again not questioning the legal process or the result, it's questioning two similar situations where both guys were paid for not playing one is playing and the other isn't. Just seems inconsistent by the commissioner & feels like he's trying to cover himself for the rice fiasco and the initial suspension he gave there.

As I said above, NFLPA will file appeal on behalf of Hardy much like they did with Peterson. No doubt that Hardy's suspension will be reduced.
I honestly can't remember, did AP win or lose the challenge about a rule being retroactively applied. What Hardy did is terrible, but this type of process is so wrong.

Not defending the guy but did this ever get proven out by anyone? I've heard lot's of people say this but can't find anything factual about whether it happened or not.

This is a pretty good article on it (obviously take any news article written with a grain of salt)

Essentially the prosecutor said that she was paid off, but they haven't been able to find her for a while to get her to testify. Also it mentioned her statements not matching up exactly.

Either way if the things he was alleged to have done (which he was convicted for by a judge trial) is extremely reprehensible and IMO much worse than what Peterson did, not that what Peterson did wasn't bad.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/incoming/article10422650.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back