The Official 2018 MLB Thread

Cubs sign Darvish to a 6 year, $126 million contract.

Cubs learned nothing from Alfonso Soriano, so many big expensive contacts on the books for them. Darvish was a stud in 2013, and average since. That being said, there's not a ton of great pitching in this draft class. Darvish, Lynn, and Arrieta rounds it out.

Wonder if we see the floodgates open with signings soon or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esteban Loaiza was just arrested for having over 40 lbs of cocaine/heroin. WOW

In his baseball career he made over $43M during a 14 year career.

I found it pretty interesting the Cubs passed on the pitcher they know (Arrieta) to sign Darvish.

Traditionally the big names setbthe market then others get slotted and signed. That probably means we need to see Martinez come off the board before much happens.

FWIW I'm still shaking my head at Hosmer balking at 7y/140m.

I found it pretty interesting the Cubs passed on the pitcher they know (Arrieta) to sign Darvish.

Traditionally the big names setbthe market then others get slotted and signed. That probably means we need to see Martinez come off the board before much happens.

They tried to sign arietta. He told them no

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It appears that Goose Gossage and Brian Cashman will not be exchanging Christmas cards this December.

St Louis signed Bud Norris, I guess we've got the central locked up :laugh:

Fightin' Phillies. Since the Clay Dalrymple days...Curse that Gene Mauch...

As a Cubs fan, I think it's a slight upgrade although I think they overpaid. Arrieta's K/9 has declined in the last two years, and I think a lot of people question what kind of stuff he has going forward... that and he also gave up career highs in hits and runs last year, and showed an inability to keep runners on first.

I like Darvish/Chatwood over Arrieta/Lackey

As a Cubs fan, I think it's a slight upgrade although I think they overpaid. Arrieta's K/9 has declined in the last two years, and I think a lot of people question what kind of stuff he has going forward... that and he also gave up career highs in hits and runs last year, and showed an inability to keep runners on first.

I understand what you are saying. But as a Dodgers fan it's hard for me to ever say or think anything good about Darvish.

Lol
c94b7b7c6e51711c313406e8a0a8b48f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Loaiza for the win today!!! Ended the days of free beer in the clubhouse, now he may end the days of transporting kilos of cocaine and heroin. National treasure.

fc66d6eae851a98980898b471bdaf9ec.jpg

The ageless wonder

Agree with this completely

We picked up Jaime Garcia from the Yanks. $8 mill for 1 year seems too steep for a player like him. Hopefully he can perform

We picked up Jaime Garcia from the Yanks. $8 mill for 1 year seems too steep for a player like him. Hopefully he can perform

He is great for 4 to 5 innings after that he is a gas can

Sox made a big free agent signing splash by agreeing to terms with utilityman Eduardo Nunez... :yawn:

He is great for 4 to 5 innings after that he is a gas can

That is not what we need. We need another man like Stroman.

Eric Hosmer agrees to a contract with the...Padres!! Eight-year deal with an opt-out after five years; financial terms still unknown.

If anyone would like a solid veteran player for their church league softball team, the Rays will trade one to you for a KFC family bucket.

8 years for Hosmer...yowzers

8 year contract for Hosmer is nuts. If it is strictly a player opt out after 5 years, I really don't see him being in a position to want to do that.

Eric Hosmer agrees to a contract with the...Padres!! Eight-year deal with an opt-out after five years; financial terms still unknown.

Best of luck Eric. I'll always have this to remember you by.

metsfans-callout-pic-superJumbo.jpg

Back