The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Why are some teams playing 6 games in 10 days to start the season, while others get 5 and 6 days off between games?

Looks like a Gordie Howe hat-trick for JG Pageau!

FIVE and oh, baby.

Still don’t have a 5v5 goal from the bottom 6, but they are fast and playing very disciplined. MSmith looked good in goal.

Lots of commentary, and I agree, McDavid’s still not quite right....missing easy passes, fumbling the puck more than usual. Still leading league in scoring, and is a strong 2nd half player, could have a huge year....also, Drai still a beast and 3 points in the 3rd, that empty netter was a sick move. Drai getting huge minutes, including PK, which I don’t believe was in the plans pre season, but he’s very good at it.

FIVE and oh, baby.

Still don’t have a 5v5 goal from the bottom 6, but they are fast and playing very disciplined. MSmith looked good in goal.

Lots of commentary, and I agree, McDavid’s still not quite right....missing easy passes, fumbling the puck more than usual. Still leading league in scoring, and is a strong 2nd half player, could have a huge year....also, Drai still a beast and 3 points in the 3rd, that empty netter was a sick move. Drai getting huge minutes, including PK, which I don’t believe was in the plans pre season, but he’s very good at it.

Oilers look pretty good...

Preds thought they’d walk into LA and take 2 points without trying. We look like absolute garbage and LA is schooling us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEAFS WIN!! Great game from Mikheyev.

Little dude had his first family outing away from the house and did great, and came back to a CBJ win. What a night

Avs to 4-0. Burakovski and Kadri with goals. New additions providing the secondary scoring that this team needs. Backup goalie Francous looking good in net. 2nd goalie was a concern but he was a stud in the CHL.

LEAFS WIN!! Great game from Mikheyev.

Bottom six looked fantastic. However, that top 6 looked awful all night. Really not sure Kappy fits that top line.

Bottom six looked fantastic. However, that top 6 looked awful all night. Really not sure Kappy fits that top line.

I agree. Great game from both those lines. I think Petan is very close to losing out on a roster spot, but Kerfoot needs to keep the intensity level up. Seemed to be caught coasting a couple of times - esp. on the PK.

I haven’t loved Kappy or Johnsson the past couple games. Both look like they’re trying to do too much, and that’s when you really notice what Hyman brings.

I agree. Great game from both those lines. I think Petan is very close to losing out on a roster spot, but Kerfoot needs to keep the intensity level up. Seemed to be caught coasting a couple of times - esp. on the PK.

I haven’t loved Kappy or Johnsson the past couple games. Both look like they’re trying to do too much, and that’s when you really notice what Hyman brings.

I'm hoping Hyman is back soon. The simplest game is the most effective. He just does the simple things well and let's the other two handle the skilled aspects.

With Kappy I almost don't know where he fits in once Hyman is back. I mean realistically it's the third line, but that line has looked really good together.

I love that Vegas rocks white gloves.

Wish more teams would do it.

Haha! Maybe they could all try out tinted visors to match? At least they’ve got some gold in there, and it’s Vegas.

If the Leafs could get out of the first 5 min without giving up goal, that would great.

If the Leafs could get out of the first 5 min without giving up goal, that would great.

They’ve looked tense so far. Holding sticks too tight... lots of passes in skates and such. They’re going to explode soon!

They’ve looked tense so far. Holding sticks too tight... lots of passes in skates and such. They’re going to explode soon!

I just don't understand how 75% of the games they're not ready to go at puck drop.

I just don't understand how 75% of the games they're not ready to go at puck drop.

Preparation, leadership and appropriateness of systems.

LEAFS WIN! Nice game from Moore tonight. Power play looked good too.

Back