The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

A whole lot of frustration being unleashed on the Preds. I like it.

Leafs WIN!! Finally something happened on the PP. Matthews with the movement created some lanes. THATS what they need to do! Also great game from Freddy, and nice for JT to finish there.

Leafs are just flat out not getting it done lately.

Definitely something. I’ve not been a fan of their PP breakout. Too predictable and oftentimes toooooo slow...

Thanks, Dan!!!!

?

Finally!!! Hahahaha

also, Avs. Take it easy, yeesh

I’m dying over here. This is hilarious

I mean, yeah they won their last game and got this one knotted, but there is just WAY too much firepower on that team to be this tight with 35 shots.

And I am 100% on board with them this year.

Oh I agree, but also so much more to add. Just don't want to have a rollin like post in the hockey section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha come on man, let's hear it.

Too frustrating haha.

The goal differential is awful for how much scoring power this team has.

Too frustrating haha.

The goal differential is awful for how much scoring power this team has.
I can't speak for a majority of the games, but Andy stood on his head last night. Shouldn't be feeling that kind of pressure to win games in Toronto this year.

I can't speak for a majority of the games, but Andy stood on his head last night. Shouldn't be feeling that kind of pressure to win games in Toronto this year.

That's what happens when your defense is better built for offense than actually defending.

Every game should be a barn burner haha

I'd be fine with that if I actually trusted them to put up 4+ every night haha.

The under-utilization of Barrie on the PP and on offensive zone draws is down right disrespectful. It's a typical Babcock thing though, Barrie is there to take some of the offensive reliability off of Rielly and instead you have Rielly averaging over 25 min per night and sitting out practices to stay fresh. NHL or not, you need everyone at practice, especially when your PP is under 20% and he quarterbacks the top unit.

I'd be fine with that if I actually trusted them to put up 4+ every night haha.

The under-utilization of Barrie on the PP and on offensive zone draws is down right disrespectful. It's a typical Babcock thing though, Barrie is there to take some of the offensive reliability off of Rielly and instead you have Rielly averaging over 25 min per night and sitting out practices to stay fresh. NHL or not, you need everyone at practice, especially when your PP is under 20% and he quarterbacks the top unit.
I was talking with a buddy last night who is a big Leafs fan and he thinks Babcock is flat out coaching the talent out of the team.

Interesting take.

I was talking with a buddy last night who is a big Leafs fan and he thinks Babcock is flat out coaching the talent out of the team.

Interesting take.

Going back into last years NHL thread, my opinion isn't far off. Look at his previous teams with Detroit and Anaheim, neither were run and gun style teams. I really think the disconnect between what management has put in place and the sort of players he wants is extremely evident and he's even made small comments voicing that before.

I fully believe the Leafs have enough talent to win the cup, I really do. However, I don't think the current structure and setup is capable of doing so.

Interesting take.
I tend to agree with this too... the players on this team are incredibly gifted offensively and can put up the goals if they’re allowed to wheel. The systems this coaching staff have put in place severely limit the natural creativity. Just look at their ultra-predictable power play “breakout” and “zone entry” plans.

The Sabres are killing me. Yesterday was a sh!tshow and today is a damn dumpster fire. The wheels are coming off the bus. Hopefully the Bills have a better showing against the Brownies tomorrow.

Weak call

Power play goal!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Equalizer!

The Korpse ( that's got to be his nickname) had made some specular saves so far.

Back