The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Going to be honest, food taste better with the Blackhawks winning. Stuck it pretty good to the Preds last night.
My son and I did a bucketlist trip to the UC for a home game and since then they've been FIRE! I think they finally found that cohesion they were looking for. And Lehner is flat out fantastic.

Can anyone fill me in on the Carolina Hurricanes? I'm going to a Hurricanes - Lightning game next weekend (Thanksgiving weekend) in Tampa. I'm just a casual fan and I don't follow it daily. This will be my third Lightning game in the past 2 seasons (went to one v. Colorado last month).

Storm Surge! Although I highly doubt they’d bring that on the road.

Svechnikov has got some silky moves - he had a really nice “Michigan Goal” (Mike Legg) last week, and the OT winner on Saturday. I think he’s tied for team points lead with Doug Hamilton.

From a Leafs perspective - Gardiner has some offensive upside but is a mess defensively, and Reimer is fantastic.

McDavid got the message, he’s having a very good defensive game. He usually sucks on D, and was responsible for the tying and OT losing goal men last game. As I was typing this, he scored his 3rd point of the night, and my favourite player Draisaitl extended his point streak to 13 games. Man, it is fun getting to watch 90%+ of their games on tv.

It's a good thing the Canucks had a hot start, because they are hemorrhaging points and playing awful right now. Hopefully they can find their footing again before it's too late.

McDavid got the message, he’s having a very good defensive game. He usually sucks on D, and was responsible for the tying and OT losing goal men last game. As I was typing this, he scored his 3rd point of the night, and my favourite player Draisaitl extended his point streak to 13 games. Man, it is fun getting to watch 90%+ of their games on tv.

The amount of points that duo is putting up is historic. It's insane.

Is it true Babcock. Got fired?

Babcock has been relieved of his duties! Keefe to be replacement!

Caps vs Rangers on National TV at 8 pm est on this evening's tilt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Caps have rang the iron 3 times. Still nothing to show for it

Caps have rang the iron 3 times. Still nothing to show for it

actually 4 times.
But almost never counts. Was a real good win for the "NY Rebuidlers" youngest team in the league.
Caps also tend to resort to getting very unpleasantly physical when they arent winning and for a very young team i like how the rebuilders responded to that too. It shows they are not gonna be bullied around and all in all heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Wow I had no idea so many people hated Babcock. When they hired him they practically planned the parade route.

Wow I had no idea so many people hated Babcock. When they hired him they practically planned the parade route.
5 years changes lots.

Different players when he was hired, and it was very clear that he and the GM had incredibly different vision for the team.

Did you see that video (aaudio) I posted a page back? Comodore just rips into him. ThThe way he did Modano was pretty dirty.

The problem is, the team developed and changed around him, but he didn't adapt. He kept the old system, even though the skill level skyrocketed.

Raise your hand if you honestly thought Babcock would be the 1st coach let go this year. I know Leafs were off to a bad start, but it wasn't historically bad. Maybe he lost the locker room. There's definitely talent in the cupboard.

Raise your hand if you honestly thought Babcock would be the 1st coach let go this year. I know Leafs were off to a bad start, but it wasn't historically bad. Maybe he lost the locker room. There's definitely talent in the cupboard.

I didn't want him there to start the season. Thought he should have been fired after not getting out of the first round again last year.

Given the media pressure, the poor record, and that the majority of teams are performing at a level that is expected, I'm not shocked he's first.

For the Ohioans here:

I didn't want him there to start the season. Thought he should have been fired after not getting out of the first round again last year.

Given the media pressure, the poor record, and that the majority of teams are performing at a level that is expected, I'm not shocked he's first.

Good points all the way around. In a hockey market that size it makes sense. Now the question is for the next one do they go experienced retread, up and comer from the AHL or totally off the board. I know the fans will clamor for the retread but is it worth it? Inquiring minds are inquiring. :eek:

Good points all the way around. In a hockey market that size it makes sense. Now the question is for the next one do they go experienced retread, up and comer from the AHL or totally off the board. I know the fans will clamor for the retread but is it worth it? Inquiring minds are inquiring. :eek:

AHL guy. He's followed Dubis from OHL to AHL and now NHL. He'll be given a lengthy opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boudreau,aafter the Wild fire him (ssoon). Lol

He's a very good coach and has the record to back it up.

Back