The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

NYRebuilderas hold on 3-2 with a classic hockey nail biter last few minutes as they had to hold off a 6 on 4 due to a penalty. Then last 30 secs the canes got called.

Avs blanked on a 5 min major PP ending with it 5 on 3. :mad:

hey....I was wondering how many you folks feel about the NHL scheduling scenario. Do you feel there is great reason to have every team play at least one game in every arena and having every team play each other? Would you rather see some of that out of conference play sacrificed for more divisional games and also more in conference play?

I would like to see more divisional games at the sacrifice of interconference play. Id like to see those rivalries better built and more often. Plus more divisional games makes mores sense for divisional standings imo. I don't see the need to play every team across the entire league. More divisional and also fwiw more in-conference games as well should be had via sacrificing a percentage of all the opposite cross-conference games.

Ho about playing every team only once in the other conference. half at home and half away. take those extra games not played and convert them to more divisional as well as some more in-conference.
What say you?

hey....I was wondering how many you folks feel about the NHL scheduling scenario. Do you feel there is great reason to have every team play at least one game in every arena and having every team play each other? Would you rather see some of that out of conference play sacrificed for more divisional games and also more in conference play?

I would like to see more divisional games at the sacrifice of interconference play. Id like to see those rivalries better built and more often. Plus more divisional games makes mores sense for divisional standings imo. I don't see the need to play every team across the entire league. More divisional and also fwiw more in-conference games as well should be had via sacrificing a percentage of all the opposite cross-conference games.

Ho about playing every team only once in the other conference. half at home and half away. take those extra games not played and convert them to more divisional as well as some more in-conference.
What say you?
interesting how the league went unbalanced when Crosby/Ovechkin came into the league, depriving fans from seeing all the stars, and went back to balanced with McDavid

things that make you go hmm:unsure:

Leafs win! Nice effort there, and well done on Keefe to get a system in place that works for the roster.

Nope, I like seeing every team instead of the same 4 teams to death.
What they need to fix is stupid back to back against the same team. Avs play Friday afternoon in Chicago and then they play again Saturday in Denver. Why??

What say you?
I like seeing every team. They’re a league, so I think they should all have to play everyone the same regardless of location. Rivalries are for the playoffs.

Watching the Oilers feed tonight. $5 beers on Thursday games!! Nice. Effing $13 at Pepsi center this year. Up $1 since the start of the season. Couldn't even wait for next year. Sad

David Pastrnak has just been unbelievable this year!

Finally the Koskinen dam broke. Avs up 4-1 in what has been a good game. These aren't the Oilers of the past decade.

Crazy the difference a coaching change can have on a player.

Nope, I like seeing every team instead of the same 4 teams to death.
What they need to fix is stupid back to back against the same team. Avs play Friday afternoon in Chicago and then they play again Saturday in Denver. Why??
I like seeing every team. They’re a league, so I think they should all have to play everyone the same regardless of location. Rivalries are for the playoffs.
Yea but they still can play every team. It just wont be twice and the only difference would be is that you wouldnt get a home and an away game vs every team. But you do still play everyone at least once and some of those teams can still be played twice.

Depending on conference there are 30 or 32 cross-conference games. But the entire season is 82 games. And there are technically more out of conference games than there are in your own division and even more out of conference games than there are non divisional in-conference games. Imo with the idea of playoffs producing a winner from each division to then play the other divisional winner from same conference and then of course end up playing the other conference for the cup, there just shouldn't be so many games of the 82 (close enough to half) played against the other conference. I feel it justifiable that some more of that time should be spent playing some more games divisionaly and also some more in-conference.

The leagues ideology is that every team play at least once at every arena in the NHL. Thats really a marketing strategy than it is anything else. I can get why they feel they want that. It gives every fan every where a chance to see thier team and or certain players so it can work to sell some tix and also market the league. But i dont think the impact is anything so great and i think it makes more sense to cut down a percentage of it and add those games where they truly belong. In the division and or own conference. I get that combined we are still playing a little over half the games in own division and own conference. But to me that should really be more closer to like 2/3 to 3/4 of the games. In the end thats what the standings and entire playoff structure is about. At least imo drop perhaps 8 or 10 and add them to our own division rivals. Perhopas play 5 rival (division) games instead of 4. Even if that topsides the 2/2 home/away and ends up 3/2 then what they can do is next year switch to 2/3. I mean they do that now in the in-conference games where each is played 3 times which leaves a 1/2 or 2/1 home/away scenario.

Last edited:
Finally the Koskinen dam broke. Avs up 4-1 in what has been a good game. These aren't the Oilers of the past decade.

Koski was great thru 2 and still good in 3, his save % .920 in the game even giving up 4. Been a solid year for him so far. I wanted the Oil to have heard the 'HE'S STEALING YOU THIS GAME GO WIN IT!' from Tippett, but they didn't come out that way in 3. So rarely over the past number of years have they had a goalie stand on his head and win one.

Chiasson hit was clean. Larson, he was fading away and just put up an arm to defend against an oncoming player while there was other rough stuff on the ice. They didn't show the reverse angle that I saw, but from behind it looked like a tap & dive, nobody talking about it saw it as 5/game.

Oilers PK #2 in the league for a reason. Archibald/Sheehan can't score, but they have deep deep tanks and will chase the puck relentlessly. Nuge & Khaira also a very quality pairing. Nice to see Khaira coming on, I've always liked him but he can be inconsistent - when ON, he plays like he did last night, quick and strong.

McDavid is wierd, it's like he takes the night off sometimes (last night), sometimes he gets a point or 2 even in those games. But it's always noticeable when he doesn't have it going. Drai was much the better player last night, as has been the case frequently this year.

And so the the youngest team in the NHL....the NYRebuilders are in Boston on this Black friday for an afternoon game on netwrok TV.
And so far are being terribly outplayed..lol but hank is being hank thankfully.

Last edited:
Caps with a nice comeback win 4 - 3 over the Bolts!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leafs backup issues continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikko is back!
IMG_20191130_190848555_HDR.jpg

Avs gave up a weak shorty and the Hawks fans got salty. Avs shut their pie holes with 3 nice goals.
There are three groups who move to Colorado. Texans, Californians, Midwest (Chicagoland). Of all of them Hawks fans are the worst. Effing hate them. Glad when they walk home and have to fold up their Kane jerseys for another year. Stars, Kings, Ducks, Shark fans are all ok.
Sad thing is this arena is still such a bargain to see a game at. My seats are $95 and I'm 15 rows from the ice. With Denver being such a tourist town it is a cheap add-on for fans to see a game.

That's right!IMG_20191130_210741060.jpg

flTgI3j.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the Tampa - Carolina game last night in Tampa. Carolina went out to a 3-0 1st period lead and held on 3-2. Tampa hasn’t been the same since the 1st round sweep by Columbus.

Caps beat the hapless Red Wings last night 5 - 2. Ovi had a hat trick. Grant it two were empty net goals. Detroit has lost 9 straight. Not sure what's going on there but they came out strong in the 1st but just couldn't keep up the momentum. Just getting worked over by the Caps.
I'll take another 2 pts. Now off to the west coast

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

REPORTED! *goes away crying*

I don’t know if it’s just a perception, or a real thing, but the Oil are long term slump busters of the first order. If your guy hasn’t scored in a while, and they playing us, and you get good odds, it’s always worth a play.

The Mild are above .500. Yay!

Back