The Official 2019 MLB Thread

I'm ready to see all the "how was your October Bryce" posts on twitter.

also happy to see former Blue Jay Daniel Hudson close it out

man I remember earlier this year when this team was "done" and there were talks about whether or not they would trade Scherzer. What a year for them and the playoffs were crazy entertaining.

party hard man. This is exciting for the Nats.
No joke, there are gun shots and fire works going off right now. This is a sleepy town

Very happy to see Zimmerman get a ring. What a class guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes

On May 23, the Nationals were 12 games under .500 - the same as the Tigers.

The Tigers went on to lose 114 games.
The Nationals went on to win the World Series.

What. A. Story.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Nats won 5 elimination games in playoffs. Amazing that they won 4 road games to win series.

congrats Nats on a well fought WS

Yikes

On May 23, the Nationals were 12 games under .500 - the same as the Tigers.

The Tigers went on to lose 114 games.
The Nationals went on to win the World Series.

What. A. Story.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The turning point was signing a make a wish child. Since signing him, best record in baseball. That little guy has to get a ring

Very happy to see Zimmerman get a ring. What a class guy

wonder if that's a career for him now. If so, a nice way to go out.

wonder if that's a career for him now. If so, a nice way to go out.

I bet he hangs it up and rides out in a blaze of glory

Nats won 5 elimination games in playoffs. Amazing that they won 4 road games to win series.

I was just thinking that, what do you think is more crazy? The fact that they won all 4 games on the road to win the series, or the fact they lost all 3 games at home and won the series? Kind of the same thing, but man so nuts.

Bud Light, and Jeff, with the commercial of the series.

That was fun to wake up to. Tried my best to stay up and watch it, but crashed around 1AM in the 3rd I think it was.
Wasn't confident I'd be waking up to a win the way it was going, though I should have know if they were going to win it would be via a comeback.

This one will sting for a bit. Not because the Nationals won (they earned this world series championship), but because the Astros were built and reliant on pitching and offense. The pitching showed up last night with Greinke pitching the game of his life, but once again the bats went cold when it mattered. Stranding 10 on base you deserve to lose.

I also think Greinke was pulled too soon after the HR. He deserved to try and finish out that inning given how much usage Harris has had the last couple of games. If you do pull him Urquidy should have been the guy to come in not Harris.

Either way I'm proud of this team regardless of how small they came up in the WS when it mattered. The worse part is watching those guys celebrate on our field. You work so hard all year for the home field advantage and pissed it away.

I was just thinking that, what do you think is more crazy? The fact that they won all 4 games on the road to win the series, or the fact they lost all 3 games at home and won the series? Kind of the same thing, but man so nuts.

How about the Nats (and I believe this is correct ) going 10-0 in the post season in games started by Scherzer and Strasburg

I just read from Tom Boswell in the Washington Post : In the five elimination games faced by the Nats ( all on the road), Anthony Rendon came to bat eight times in the seventh inning or later. He went 6-7 with three home runs , three doubles, and a walk.

I just read from Tom Boswell in the Washington Post : In the five elimination games faced by the Nats ( all on the road), Anthony Rendon came to bat seven times in the seventh inning or later. He went 6-6 with three home runs ,three doubles, and a walk.
Dude is a stud, with a horrible goatee :ROFLMAO:

I just read from Tom Boswell in the Washington Post : In the five elimination games faced by the Nats ( all on the road), Anthony Rendon came to bat seven times in the seventh inning or later. He went 6-6 with three home runs ,three doubles, and a walk.
Fox put a graphic on the screen similar to that last night. It was nuts.

The Nats were very impressive this post season, bats, fielding and pitching. Especially Rendon, Strasburg and Scherzer. Still blows my mind that the home team didn't win a single WS game. Houston had a great season and shouldn't hang their heads too low ( a little yes). Oh well, at least I have college football to occupy my time till spring training.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-31-at-9.26.23-AM-1000x600.png

Well, there goes my chance at Alumnus of the Year.

@Stemmy66 pm your address and I'll get a shirt out to you. Size smedium right?

It's all about the DH and National League dominance!

Did you break your tv last night?
5310a36f8e0718e67f2fb48038a78552.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

@Stemmy66 pm your address and I'll get a shirt out to you. Size smedium right?

It's all about the DH and National League dominance!

Did you break your tv last night?
5310a36f8e0718e67f2fb48038a78552.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Hey, Billy, Bobby or Chad.... why you trying to wind me up? You and the baseball purists continue to amaze me.... you hate on the DH but your teams continue to use said DH for their pathetic pitchers when they play in AL parks! Send Howie Kendrick back to the AL where he belongs.... Aging, mediocre middle infielder who can rake! :mad:

...... and I got your schmedium ;)

Teams not wasting any time denying options. Encarnicion and Kipnis are out there for the taking.

Back