The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I crack a beer and BOOM. Go Flyers!

Leafs tie it up! 3-3 after 2!

Lightning picking up where they left off. Chicago seems a little overwhelmed right now. 3-0 still in the first

Lightning picking up where they left off. Chicago seems a little overwhelmed right now. 3-0 still in the first

It’s going to be a long season for Chicago.

I didn't watch the game but looking at the final score, this must have been a roller coaster for you looking at your posts lol
I am usually the conductor of the rollercoaster when I watch sports. 😆 My first post was after going down 1-0 and then immediately giving up a power play. We tied it 1-1 and then went ahead 2-1. Hart played the puck directly to Crosby in front of the net and then it was 2-2. We went up 3-2 and then gave up a goal to make it 3-3. No posts as I was emotionally drained at this point hence the beer. And then boom we go ahead 4-3. Still no posts because I know 4-4 is right around the corner, but then two goals in 30 seconds to make it 6-3 and I can breathe a sigh of relief while my wife shakes her head in a combination of disappointment and embarrassment.

I’m so glad hockey’s back!

I am usually the conductor of the rollercoaster when I watch sports. 😆 My first post was after going down 1-0 and then immediately giving up a power play. We tied it 1-1 and then went ahead 2-1. Hart played the puck directly to Crosby in front of the net and then it was 2-2. We went up 3-2 and then gave up a goal to make it 3-3. No posts as I was emotionally drained at this point hence the beer. And then boom we go ahead 4-3. Still no posts because I know 4-4 is right around the corner, but then two goals in 30 seconds to make it 6-3 and I can breathe a sigh of relief while my wife shakes her head in a combination of disappointment and embarrassment.

I’m so glad hockey’s back!
Love all of that! Can't wait to watch the Ducks tomorrow even though I'm not expecting anything big this season. The fact that I haven't watched them since last March has me reallllllyyyy excited either way

Love all of that! Can't wait to watch the Ducks tomorrow even though I'm not expecting anything big this season. The fact that I haven't watched them since last March has me reallllllyyyy excited either way
It’s wild, tonight was our first home game in over 300 days! Really hope we can get fans back by the end of the season.

Lightning are now up 4-0.

Josh Anderson with two goals in his first game not wearing CBJ unis.

Classic.
Called it.
Just wanted out of Columbus... kind of like a couple other players... Dubois... I wouldn’t want to play for Torteronni either.

LEAFS WIN!!

Exciting comeback and take the season opener 5-4 over the Canadiens in overtime! Tavares with 3 points, Matthews with 2 apples.

So it looks like they will play back to back games against the same team then move to a different city. Interesting the Tampa Bay game against Dallas this weekend has already been postponed.

What a save by Tampa’s goalie there!

So it looks like they will play back to back games against the same team then move to a different city. Interesting the Tampa Bay game against Dallas this weekend has already been postponed.
Probably not a bad idea considering Dallas just got back on the ice after a bunch of their players tested positive for the ‘rona.

linking the tweet since I didn’t know if you meant Anderson or Dubois lol

Oh that doesn't surprise me at all. I've been down on PLD since Juniors. I remember bantering with I think @Golf Ghost about him during his Juniors days haha! He was always going to be a turd. In and out. You'd think Cbus would be sick of drafting doofuses like that.

I was speaking about Andy.

It’s going to be a long season for Chicago.
Based on last night, it looks like it's going to be long season for my beloved Blackhawks.

Based on last night, it looks like it's going to be long season for my beloved Blackhawks.
And they gave the coach a 2 year extension... so we have that going for us!

Oh that doesn't surprise me at all. I've been down on PLD since Juniors. I remember bantering with I think @Golf Ghost about him during his Juniors days haha! He was always going to be a turd. In and out. You'd think Cbus would be sick of drafting doofuses like that.

I was speaking about Andy.

Kid was a beast in Juniors. Still think he has potential to be first line centre on most teams in the NHL. For some reason dude just has trouble showing up every night. He just picks and chooses, which would be crazy annoying as a fan.

Kid was a beast in Juniors. Still think he has potential to be first line centre on most teams in the NHL. For some reason dude just has trouble showing up every night. He just picks and chooses, which would be crazy annoying as a fan.
yeah, he's got loads of talent. Showcased that plenty in Columbus. But they need a star player who isn't a ****

Back