The Official 2023 NFL Thread

Some guys are just better coordinators...like McDaniels lol or anyone from the Bellicheck tree for that matter haha
Thats true. Hopefully this is the case of the guy was successful with his original staff, that staff got poached and he wasn't able to rebuild, and he has learned from that and will be better the second time around.

I just don't see Quinn having what it takes to be a HC. Sucks for DC because they have money to make moves and get back to playing decent football.

I don't get the DQ hire either. I was hoping he would go to Seattle to set them back a couple of years.

I don't get the DQ hire either. I was hoping he would go to Seattle to set them back a couple of years.
I don't get all the hate. If Kyle Shannan calls run plays he's a Super Bowl winning HC. Yes he is to blame too but he wasn't the play caller for that Falcons team. He made a huge improvement to the Dallas D.

I don't get all the hate. If Kyle Shannan calls run plays he's a Super Bowl winning HC. Yes he is to blame too but he wasn't the play caller for that Falcons team. He made a huge improvement to the Dallas D.
Shanny is the only offensive coordinator to take the blame for a defensive head coach losing a 28-3 lead. Imagine if his defense hadn't given up 25 straight points. HC job is to tell the coach to run if he disagrees with the call.

I don't think Quinn is the village idiot. I just don't think he is great either.

Shanny is the only offensive coordinator to take the blame for a defensive head coach losing a 28-3 lead. Imagine if his defense hadn't given up 25 straight points. HC job is to tell the coach to run if he disagrees with the call.

I don't think Quinn is the village idiot. I just don't think he is great either.
That's fair but I believe Brady has made most defensive coaches (other than NYG) look silly at some point. Any D gets tired when on the field that long.

I don't think Quinn is great either... just didn't understand why people were acting like he's Hue Jackson. I think all the young guys turning down that job speaks volume too.

That's fair but I believe Brady has made most defensive coaches (other than NYG) look silly at some point. Any D gets tired when on the field that long.

I don't think Quinn is great either... just didn't understand why people were acting like he's Hue Jackson. I think all the young guys turning down that job speaks volume too.
Yeah, I just don't get the OC taking the blame. Is anyone blaming Ben Johnson for this weekend? It's just weird to me that he has been the one who takes the heat for that loss. It's on the HC.

Yeah, I just don't get the OC taking the blame. Is anyone blaming Ben Johnson for this weekend? It's just weird to me that he has been the one who takes the heat for that loss. It's on the HC.
A little bit different situation for Ben, that game was tied almost halfway through the 3rd quarter, falcons were up 3-4 scores in the 4th and refused to run the ball and clock.

Think that's a different scenario. The blame on Shanny is that he was the play caller and was pass happy w/ 28-3 lead and NE couldn't stop the run. Johnson wasn't the one not kicking FG's and his 4th down play did work in 3Q... Reynolds just didn't catch it.

Loving the skills challenge. Geno is fun

Fanduel is in the wrong here and this is going to get ugly.

The law states that the company has an obligation to make sure that all gambled monies were not illegally received. Its why money laundering is not as big in gambling as it used to be. I understand that daily fantasy isnt considered "gambling", but the gray area is going to make this very ugly.

The law states that the company has an obligation to make sure that all gambled monies were not illegally received. Its why money laundering is not as big in gambling as it used to be. I understand that daily fantasy isnt considered "gambling", but the gray area is going to make this very ugly.
Yep. This is a big deal.

Gambling rules for NFL players are still somewhat of a mystery to me but I have to think if Daily Fantasy isn't already considered gambling it will be in the future.

The real crime is being that bad at DFS
Jags Finance/accounting department is awful if they lost track of $22 million over 3 years.

Jags Finance/accounting department is awful if they lost track of $22 million over 3 years.
As someone whose job is to report this stuff out, it seems almost impossible unless someone with sign-off is in on the scheme. It's just pure ineptitude. I am the final signer of all of our payments and financials. I don't know how anyone on my team could do this without me in on it unless I just wasn't doing my job and not paying attention to anything.

As someone whose job is to report this stuff out, it seems almost impossible unless someone with sign-off is in on the scheme. It's just pure ineptitude.
I used to work with the son of their non-football operations president, if he’s now working in the finance department I understand the ineptitude lol

Fan Duel has a sports book too.

Seems the Jags team and accounting department had a bad year.

When does the bring back Urban chants start? 😁

And how are they supposed to do that? Its impossible

Back