The Official Banter Away Thread

Indeed! This is going to be a very good opportunity for me and I'm going to learn a lot.

Oh nice! Glad you have been having fun and enjoying golf again!! I took a year and a half off myself, and still trying to get back in the swing of things. haha Good times though and so much awesome stuff going on around here!
Really hope you enjoy this new path. The way my brain works, I'm always really intrigued/excited about new opportunities, new projects, etc. I love my job, but sometimes my mind wanders just about what it'd be like to this or that as well.

Good morning THP! How is everyone this morning? Hope you are all well and have a great day!!

Good evening THP!! How are we doing? Hope everyone made it through Monday OK and is doing well.

Was my first day at the new gig. Information overload, and my head is spinning a bit, but it is good. I am super excited for this new role.
Congrats on the new gig! Hope it leads to some new opportunities to learn and grow.

Might have been able to put this in the rant thread too, but my credit card was set to expire at the end of this month, and the replacement was sent to the incorrect address so I've unfortunately had to deal with a ton of emails the past week or so about payments being rejected/my card on file expiring. Is it even possible to live without some sort of credit card these days? I also just realized I'm going to miss the drop for the scorecard holder today because of that :mad:.

Said heck with it and I’m heading home tonight.

Good morning THP! How is everyone this morning? Hope you are all well and have a great day!!

Great day, as is every day, here on THP. Some good activity on the forum .

For days now I have been trying to figure out why I didn't have access to text formatting/pictures/videos etc when posting......

Apparently at some point I hit the gear on the reply window..... I thought it was settings..... nope. Toggle BB code. What does that do? Shuts off all the formatting/insert options.

Smart I am.

Last edited:
For days now I have been trying to figure out what why I didn't have access to text formatting/pictures/videos etc when posting......

Apparently at some point I hit the gear on the reply window..... I thought it was settings..... nope. Toggle BB code. What does that do? Shuts off all the formatting/insert options.

Smart I am.
Just glad you got it figured out.

Vegas for a work conference in early October. I will have one free afternoon and no car.

Is it worth the cost to the play somewhere in town?

Depends where you are staying

I’ll be at the Venetian. Hopefully arriving around 11am Monday, which is my free day.
Maybe? I dont know. Lots to do while there.

Maybe? I dont know. Lots to do while there.

I initially was all for it, but there is definitely plenty to do. Worst case, there is a Top Golf I suppose.

I initially was all for it, but there is definitely plenty to do. Worst case, there is a Top Golf I suppose.
Yes sir. And great dining

I realized this morning that I've only been playing with 12 clubs in the bag this season.

I realized this morning that I've only been playing with 12 clubs in the bag this season.
I'm in the same boat. I have not played with 14 for a while now. Still have them but don't use them much. I'm getting down to clubs that work for me.

I’ve only been using 12. Looking at my 3w adds four strokes and I don’t really need a 60.
I'm in the same boat. I have not played with 14 for a while now. Still have them but don't use them much. I'm getting down to clubs that work for me.

I've been wanting a 3/4w for tight tee shots, nothing I'd hit off the turf. But the reality is, I've been in the upper 80's vs low 90's my past few rounds with this setup so I don't really want to mess with it. It's been working.

I've been wanting a 3/4w for tight tee shots, nothing I'd hit off the turf. But the reality is, I've been in the upper 80's vs low 90's my past few rounds with this setup so I don't really want to mess with it. It's been working.

Personally, I’m better off with a hybrid 10/10 times. The extra few imaginary yards aren’t worth it.

I have the 3w tsi and it's been great for those kind of shot s for me. Not much off the deck that's hybrid territory but longer par 3 it's wonderful.

Back