The Official Banter Away Thread

Discovered today that corn dogs really should be called meat twinkies.
I mean, I get it, but that name kinda ruins what corn dogs have going on for them....

A friend in Leland, nw of Wilmington, had her back fence ripped out, windows shattered, tree in the bedroom! Said it sounded like the loudest train ever!:oops:

A friend in Leland, nw of Wilmington, had her back fence ripped out, windows shattered, tree in the bedroom! Said it sounded like the loudest train ever!:oops:
Wow. Sounds straight out of Twister.....stay safe to you and all your friends and family in the area.

And, power is out.

I just drove in to town for the new Oreo Brownie Blizzard and came away disappointed. I must have built it up too much in my head.
Raspberry Fudge Bliss, brother. (y)

Reactions: KEV
Hope everyone is ok after the hurricanes

Vacation can't get here soon enough, just a matter of whether I harm a coworker first or not.

And, power is out.

I hope you all are staying safe. The news has reported a ton of tornadoes all over NC and now VA too. My sister lives in Norfolk and her office made her drive into work this morning, while a tornado hit just down the road. I am livid at her medical practice for doing that. It's not like they are even seeing patients, they made them come into the office to do Telehealth.

Vacation can't get here soon enough, just a matter of whether I harm a coworker first or not.
Co-workers could be a lifelong thread with zillions of posts :banghead: :ROFLMAO:

A neighbor was arrested for animal cruelty. 67 animals on about 2-3 acres. Total junk show mess for years. Ongoing saga. The woman arrested is a granddaughter of the owner (an elderly widow) and was already convicted of stealing about $100K from the grandma. $24K of it for tanning. She also has a previous animal cruelty conviction. Yeah. I don't know how the granddaughter is still there. To make matters worse, the woman arrested has 4 kids, ~ages 5-13. No idea about the father other than he is out of state. Her current boyfriend has 3 kids who we think lived there too. According to the news story, her 4 kids were taken by the state for now. All hard to sort out as they pretty much threatened to shoot anyone who touched their property. Crazy situation.

A neighbor was arrested for animal cruelty. 67 animals on about 2-3 acres. Total junk show mess for years. Ongoing saga. The woman arrested is a granddaughter of the owner (an elderly widow) and was already convicted of stealing about $100K from the grandma. $24K of it for tanning. She also has a previous animal cruelty conviction. Yeah. I don't know how the granddaughter is still there. To make matters worse, the woman arrested has 4 kids, ~ages 5-13. No idea about the father other than he is out of state. Her current boyfriend has 3 kids who we think lived there too. According to the news story, her 4 kids were taken by the state for now. All hard to sort out as they pretty much threatened to shoot anyone who touched their property. Crazy situation.

This is just sad. No winners here with the situation.

I hope you all are staying safe. The news has reported a ton of tornadoes all over NC and now VA too. My sister lives in Norfolk and her office made her drive into work this morning, while a tornado hit just down the road. I am livid at her medical practice for doing that. It's not like they are even seeing patients, they made them come into the office to do Telehealth.
We are fine! A tornado hit our friends house last night in Leland, nw of Wilmington, about 10 miles from Evolve Golf.

This is just sad. No winners here with the situation.

Tragedy all the way around. We would often see a couple of the kids as we walked by or while they waited for the school bus next to our house. The kids loved our dogs, and we enjoyed their spunk. They told us they were ordered not to talk to us but did anyway. Kids were a little rough around the edges, but I really liked them. I hope their future takes a turn for the better but no idea where they will end up. The woman clearly needs help, and for the life of me I can't figure out what is up with the grandmother. Train wreck that was years in the making. At least the animals (long list) will be in better places now.

Looks like we have weathered the storm here in Central Virginia. I'll have to walk our trail later to see if any other trees came down but so far it looks like the only damage was the tree that hit the shed roof.

Well we decided to cancel our HersheyPark season passes. Wife is an internal medicine doc and we just decided the risk wasn’t worth the reward. Disappointing as we were really looking forward to our first summer as season pass holders.

I just drove in to town for the new Oreo Brownie Blizzard and came away disappointed. I must have built it up too much in my head.
I know what I'm gettin' on the way home tonight!

Have a lunch meeting with someone at a restaurant that I think is actually in Nebraska. This may be awkward.

I need to cut back on some things I do. Boards, causes, work, home, activities. I'm stretched a bit too thin.

I may have just found an in to play probably the most exclusive private course in South Dakota. I really need to get that customer to like me so I can make that happen.

I may have just found an in to play probably the most exclusive private course in South Dakota. I really need to get that customer to like me so I can make that happen.
Impress him, wear your pocket protector. I dare ya! 🤣🤣

• Haha
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1596588488670.png

Got on a diving board again on Saturday after playing 18 in the heat. Didn’t even do double digit dives, but it’s Tuesday and my core still feels like I fell down a long flight of stairs. Getting older and out of shape(r) is no way to go through life!

Got on a diving board again on Saturday after playing 18 in the heat. Didn’t even do double digit dives, but it’s Tuesday and my core still feels like I fell down a long flight of stairs. Getting older and out of shape(r) is no way to go through life!

I could say the same, but with dive bars.

I could say the same, but with dive bars.
Oof. I know that feeling! Actually play pretty good golf those days, but sadly not a sustainable strategy.

Back