The Official Banter Away Thread

Haha at your taxes. Good lord that is robbery. Just like a few other states. Seeing $1+ More than other areas added to every gallon in just taxes is flat out theft.
What are you doing?!?! If you tell people the government makes 6-10 times as much as the oil companies per gallon of gas, they might stop thinking they're greedy and evil.

What are you doing?!?! If you tell people the government makes 6-10 times as much as the oil companies per gallon of gas, they might stop thinking they're greedy and evil.

Until EVs become commonplace. Don;t worry, the guvmint is already working on a mileage tax to make up for the lost revenue from gasoline and diesel. And self-reporting will never work, so they will have to track every mile of every vehicle.

Depending on Octane, that’s not as bad as I originally thought. I think we paid 3.59 for 89 here and 93 is like 3.99 per gallon.
That's for 89. I haven't been south of the border since the panda started, but I don't ever remember your fuel costs being that high, but then again I've always been contained to the east coast. Given your pricing you're correct, it's not that bad after all.

I'm a construction contractor on the Mechanical side and this nonsense is going to basically going to ruin our fiscal year, if not our company.
We've seen price increases of 10-40% on almost everything we use. Contractors with lots of cash are hoarding everything they can get their hands on.

Even if we survive this, builders are already putting all their future projects on hold. Its impossible to bid with any accuracy in this environment.
Steel went up 15% 60 days ago and then another 15% 15 days ago. That's 15 on top of the previous 15! Every single email I have received in the last two weeks from our suppliers is about a price increase.

The premier of our province made all stations put stickers on the pumps showing how much the federal government was adding on in "carbon tax". I've always maintained that I have no issue paying monies in tax provided they actually go to the cause/subject they are allotted for.

Until EVs become commonplace. Don;t worry, the guvmint is already working on a mileage tax to make up for the lost revenue from gasoline and diesel. And self-reporting will never work, so they will have to track every mile of every vehicle.
EVs completely replacing gas/diesel cars is a utopian pipe dream. The nation’s electrical grid wouldn’t support the demand of charging all those vehicles - especially if the move toward “renewable energy” sources (which are less efficient) continues.

EVs completely replacing gas/diesel cars is a utopian pipe dream. The nation’s electrical grid wouldn’t support the demand of charging all those vehicles - especially if the move toward “renewable energy” sources (which are less efficient) continues.

Agree. And all the wise politicians are completely writing hydrogen technology out of the picture, to name one option.

I totally disagree.

The technology has been held back from improving for 50 years plus. The reasons are widely known.

Can someone explain to me why jeans/pants that ride up above the belly button are 'in' again for women?

It just looks sooooo stupid to me. Like someone gave them a MASSIVE cartoon wedgie and they never brought them back down.

Can someone explain to me why jeans/pants that ride up above the belly button are 'in' again for women?

It just looks sooooo stupid to me. Like someone gave them a MASSIVE cartoon wedgie and they never brought them back down.
1620832275064.png

The same reason mullets are back.. people just aren't creative.

My neighbor is mowing his lawn in slacks and a button-down. It’s like living next to my dad!

I did what I could. Years ago I posted that as someone who was around the last time the high-waisted look was in style for women, I spoke for all men in saying "knock it off". As per usual, no one listened to me.

My neighbor is mowing his lawn in slacks and a button-down. It’s like living next to my dad!
Hey, sometimes you just don't want to dirty another pair of clothes. Less wash baby.

I did what I could. Years ago I posted that as someone who was around the last time the high-waisted look was in style for women, I spoke for all men in saying "knock it off". As per usual, no one listened to me.
hahaha, it's not a good look.

...but then again neither were pants that were baggy enough to cover my entire shoes but I sure didn't listen 20ish years ago.

hahaha, it's not a good look.

...but then again neither were pants that were baggy enough to cover my entire shoes but I sure didn't listen 20ish years ago.
If they were just bell bottoms, someone would have stepped up and said. "Hey fellas, we've tried this before. You've all made jokes about it. Lets not do it again." They were too different. This high waisted thing, though. Its the same. Companies just dusted off the old stuff they had in storage from the 90s and put new tags on them. I mean, who got women to fall for the idea that men want to see less skin? They can't be more comfortable. Can they?

@MWard , are shorts up that high comfortable?

That's right, folks. All that for a shot at Wardy.

sly dog.gif

A real life Walter White?!

So my son was doing his end of grade math test yesterday. He killed it but there were a lot of questions that are middle school level for some reason on a 1st grader test. He gets to some questions at the end where he was getting frustrated because it was trying to figure out cubic area and some algebra type questions solving for A or X, which they obviously haven't learned. I ask if he wants to stop and take a break and finish it the next day since that was allowed, he looks at me with this wtf look and is like no I will finish now because I wont know the answer tomorrow either. I just died laughing at the very frank and lack of emotion he showed when he said it. I got his results today and he is in the 95th percentile for math, and high 90s for reading and vocab but just the way he said it killed me.

First work trip on the books in over a year!!! I need some training on how to book a work trip...fast!!!

First work trip on the books in over a year!!! I need some training on how to book a work trip...fast!!!
Most expensive everything!

Back